• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2015 (Jan 26 - Feb 01)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu

2012 CY {2011.12.26 - 2012.12.30} 236. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 39.129 / 39.129

Media Create

2012 CY {2012.01.02 - 2012.12.30} 243. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 38.992 / 38.992
2013 CY {2012.12.31 - 2013.12.29} 666. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 5.688 / 44.680

duckroll

This is a good result for Break Record. It shows that the audience is still there, especially if there's significant new content. It's probably seen as a low budget expansion/sequel to DS2 for most of those buying. If it doesn't collapse entirely, and manages to sell the ~100k average the first two titles did, I'm sure we'll get a DS3, which is great news.

Famitsu

2012 CY {2011.12.26 - 2012.12.30} 236. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 39.129 / 39.129

Media Create

2012 CY {2012.01.02 - 2012.12.30} 243. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 38.992 / 38.992
2013 CY {2012.12.31 - 2013.12.29} 666. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 5.688 / 44.680

Thanks. So Gamedatamuseum wasn't updated.

Anyway, the game didn't do terribly at the end, so that's why Namco re-released a New 3DS enhanced game.

sörine

Banned
About Ace Combat

Media Create

09./00. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 12.819 / NEW
16./00. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.01.29} (¥5.119) - 5.851 / NEW

Famitsu

09./00. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.12} (¥5.800) - 11.322 / NEW
23./00. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.01.29} (¥5.119) - 4.180 / NEW <20-40%>

Yeah, Legacy+ was never destined to do anything decent.
Namco should've done RR3D+ instead. It could've used the performance boost more and it didn't totally tank either.

Unless someone will try to sell it as a SaGa game in the west as well, I don't see many incentives for any localization company to get this game.

We're getting Forbidden Magna, and we got basically all Atelier games, that sells like 15k units in NA. jRPG audience is on 3DS so it might work.

Oregano

Unless someone will try to sell it as a SaGa game in the west as well, I don't see many incentives for any localization company to get this game.

RPGs seem to have sold quite well on the 3DS, even niche ones. I don't think LoL will be localised(because FuRyu is apparently awful to work with) but I'm not seeing what "incentives" other games have over it.

The fact that it's story light would probably work in its favour actually because the script will be quite a bit smaller.

sörine;150560753 said:
Namco should've done RR3D+ instead. It could've used the performance boost more and it didn't totally tank either.

They should have just made Tales of Reve Unitia Amiibo compatible. Tales already has silly mascot costumes.

monpiece

Banned
This is a good result for Break Record. It shows that the audience is still there, especially if there's significant new content. It's probably seen as a low budget expansion/sequel to DS2 for most of those buying. If it doesn't collapse entirely, and manages to sell the ~100k average the first two titles did, I'm sure we'll get a DS3, which is great news.

I believe the result already grants another DS game, regardless of what will happen. SMT and Persona audiences are clearly expanding, and Break Record performance compared to Overclocked might be an indication that the audience is more willing to buy anything SMT that is not a rip-off.

sörine

Banned
The incentive is following that built in Bravely audience. LOL looks close enough that if it manages even a quarter the sales of BD it'd be one of the best sellers for companies like Atlus, Natsume, Xseed, NISA, Aksys, etc.

JRPGs are doing really well generally on 3DS in the west these days.

rhandino

Banned
Poor Tales, but I found funny that it was that game the one that suffered this kind of backlash when Final Fantasy XIII-2 pulled the same trick without the outcry...

Or I am missing something else? =?

We got the hentai game in your avi, I don't see why we wouldn't get a proper old school JRPG.

SJo4NaY.gif

Oregano

We get Forbidden Magna and Atelier cause Marvelous and Koei publish them.

That's definitely true. Marvelous probably pushes XSeed to localise all of their games nowadays. I'd also like to add that Koei has been silent about a localisation for Atelier 3DS so I wouldn't expect that to come west.

Orgen

04./04. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 27.082 / 2.403.892 <80-100%> (-15%)
07./05. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 13.914 / 2.695.766 <80-100%> (-26%)

If YW2.5 keeps doubling PKMN ORAS, it might outsell it sooner or later. If the anime keeps succeeding, than it will more than double PKMN during, let's say, the Golden Week.

Is the ORAS Double Pack included?

sörine

Banned
They should have just made Tales of Reve Unitia Amiibo compatible. Tales already has silly mascot costumes.
Hopefully then they're saving this for Narikiri Dungeon 4 instead.

That's definitely true. Marvelous probably pushes XSeed to localise all of their games nowadays. I'd also like to add that Koei has been silent about a localisation for Atelier 3DS so I wouldn't expect that to come west.
Not totally silent, they've been asking fans on twitter about bringing it over.

SmokyDave

Vita is sacrifing itself so the PS4 may live.

Wii U is going to have a rough year.

The XBone is.... fuck knows.

Now we have got two SmokyDaves. And the worst is that unlike Smoky, those don't seem to be half-joking.
I must admit, I feel like I wound up a couple of clockwork toys and then left the room whilst they kept banging their cymbals.

nampad

Upcoming PS4 release schedule looks nice. It's probably not due to Far Cry alone, but people picking up the console in anticipation for titles that interest them.

I know the release schedule but am skeptical of people picking up the console before the games actually hit.

Kyoufu

I know the release schedule but am skeptical of people picking up the console before the games actually hit.

Well the DQ Heroes bundle which came out in December showed that there are PS4 buyers willing to pick up the system without the game actually being playable yet :p

I wonder if that bundle is still selling now and if Sony will ship more come DQH launch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, BladeStorm didn't do that hot at all

Media Create

02./00. [PS3] Bladestorm (Koei) - 58,996 / NEW
10./00. [PS4] Bladestorm: Nightmare <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.29} (¥8.424) - 10,219 / NEW
12./00. [PS3] Bladestorm: Nightmare <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.29} (¥7.776) - 7,621 / NEW

Famitsu

02./00. [PS3] Bladestorm (Koei) - 62,921 / NEW
09./00. [PS4] Bladestorm: Nightmare <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.29} (¥8.424) - 9.842 / NEW <60-80%>
10./00. [PS3] Bladestorm: Nightmare <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.29} (¥7.776) - 9.155 / NEW <40-60%>

The only positive outcome from this is that this is (I think) the first title from a Japanese third party which sells at launch better on PS4 than on PS3.

rhandino

Banned
FFXIII-2 sold half of what FFXIII did, though.
It was a sequel to one of the most divisive games in the series, that alone would guarantee that It would never surpass the original in sales but I do remember some comments during the announcement of the Lightning DLC Chapter but never to this level.

Maybe is because the Tales series is very character driven? or at least that is my impression. =/

Crema

I assume next week we won't get Xbox One numbers. We'll just a get a list of names of the people who bought it.

Darius

Banned
No point in not beeing "serious" when it comes to stating facts. But we know by now that some react very sensitive when it comes to PSV.

PS4 #champion ;)

Jesus, Xbox One selling less than Vita TV on a weekly basis. I think it's about time to throw in the towel.

They already did before generation even started

And I hope we can get price drop for Vita this year - it's nearly 2 years since previous one.

XR24

Neo Member
With the Wii U selling like it is and the PS4's sales numbers how long will it actually take the PS4 to overtake the WiiU in Japan? How big of a sales bump will it take for that to happen in a timely fashion and are there any games coming that can provide this bump and sustain it?

With the Wii U selling like it is and the PS4's sales numbers how long will it actually take the PS4 to overtake the WiiU in Japan? How big of a sales bump will it take for that to happen in a timely fashion and are there any games coming that can provide this bump and sustain it?

Games like dragon quest heroes will help

Go_Ly_Dow

Im thinking Microsoft won't officially exit the Japanese market because of the PR and brand image mess that would come with it.

They probably think its better taking the financial hit of operating in the market than suffering further brand tarnishing.

Orgen

I haven't understood yet, to be honest :p.

Are the ORAS Double Pack numbers included in your Pokemon total numbers? (sorry, English is not my first language) I ask because I don't know which tracker counted the Double Pack numbers :|

I think that Youkai 2.5 won't catch Pokemon ORAS (but it'll be close).

Top Bottom