• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 7, 2015 (Feb 09 - Feb 15)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think in general there's less interest these days in making a RPG if you don't have to. For licensed titles in particular, it seems to be a more popular decision to shit out action/adventure or casual fighting stuff which can be developed in a shorter cycle. If there was really a demand for external RPG developers, we would probably see tri-Ace, Witchcraft, Media Vision, etc get more work. Even companies who had a good reputation developing RPGs for the DS are finding it increasingly hard to get work today - Matrix, h.a.n.d., Jupiter, etc have all turned to more mobile contracts to keep going.

I agree with your sentiment as a whole, but I do feel Media.Vision is actually getting some decent work now.

duckroll

I agree with your sentiment as a whole, but I do feel Media.Vision is actually getting some decent work now.

I'm referring to retail home releases though. A lot of these studios are healthy, because they've changed their development habits accordingly. They put out a lot of stuff. Just not RPGs for 3DS and Vita, which is what I'm referring to. I mean, if Imageepoch wants to transform the company into a development house which takes on smartphone contracts, I don't think they would find it impossible to get a decent amount of work.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm referring to retail home releases though. A lot of these studios are healthy, because they've changed their development habits accordingly. They put out a lot of stuff. Just not RPGs for 3DS and Vita, which is what I'm referring to. I mean, if Imageepoch wants to transform the company into a development house which takes on smartphone contracts, I don't think they would find it impossible to get a decent amount of work.

Oh sorry, I lost track of the context. Yes, I totally agree then.

I think we saw this having mostly fallen through for RPGs around 2010 at the latest if memory serves.

duckroll

Oh sorry, I lost track of the context.

Yes, I totally agree then. I think we saw this having mostly fallen through around 2010 at the latest if memory serves.

To be fair. You're right about Media Vision too. I just checked their site, and they've still managed to release a home retail RPG annually since 2011, thanks to their relationship with Sega. Valkyria 3 -> Shining Blade -> Shining Ark -> Shining Resonance. That's alongside their Chaos Rings stuff, and they have a new Digimon game on the Vita this year too. Not bad!

monpiece

Banned

My initial arguments (that you can re-read here) was that 3DS support comes from SQEX decision to shift resources to mobile (while leaving a good chunk people working on home consoles... Not because they have much more projects on them with respect to the previous generation, but mainly because the current projects require more people), and it is line with what all the other companies are doing. It's not only SQEX that decreased its output on handheld (and partially on home consoles), but also Konami, Capcom, and so on. Then, I elaborated a bit more (you can re-read here) adding that most of SQEX support on 3DS comes also from what was selling and what was not selling on DS in its late life-cycle.

The reasons I gave about why those DS games that, in my opinion, underperformed or bombed are not only about expectations (actually, about absolute sales), but concern whether those games got sequels or spin-offs, and how they compared with previous entries in the same franchise, or with similar games. If you want to argue a different things, than I'm willing to read why you think those games sold well or not.

Nope. Your argument was that SE support was not erratic recently, that it was great on 3DS, and that nothing could be compared to PSP and DS days. I argued that SE support was bad for 3DS and you went on saying that many games DS games that sold better than 3DS games you say were a success had underperformed and were bombas. You are trying to change your argument to make it look like you have a solid argument and I don't have any argument.

Talking about sales, I go with actual numbers, not relativizing numbers and inventing publisher expectations just to fit my argument.

Nope.

First of all, my point was within a debate about what caused imageepoch potential closure. Secondly, I was focusing on self-publishing, because for what concerns contracted works, we can easily say which game(s) caused the diffidence publishers had (Tokitowa, mainly). Then, what I wrote was about the fact that yes, 3DS games bombed, but I didn't think that was the sole reason. Also, if imageepoch had been happy about the sales of PSP games, they would have kept investing in publishing mid-budget jRPGs; they went, instead, on a cheaper route on 3DS while keep ignoring PSV.

Again, you are changing your argument. Your argument on the thread was that it was not only the latest Imageepoch games that contributed to its downfall, but PSP games as well because you guessed that they have invested a lot into making those games and that the sales were under the publisher expectations (that you guessed as well). Now, you make random statements about what Imageepoch "would have done", ignoring that their post PSP games are RPGs, except Sonipro (that was not even made by them). Again, your argument is based on specific assumptions you make to fit your argument.

You can challenge my argument, but what I see here is only you saying that I wrote something I haven't actually written. I gave reasons why I believe the things I wrote were somehow correct or reasonable. You didn't.

Stop playing the victim. I am not the only one challenge your arguments and if we are going to start that old "my arguments are arguments, yours are not", why being on forums? I never said your reasons are not reasons, just that your reasons are based on personal assumptions that are not verifiable and you can repeat them ad infinitum, but they will never be a valid source to support your argument. I am not interested in how you reached your conclusions, but the conclusions you have reached, and they are only logic if we accept all your assumptions as truth.

monpiece

Banned
I think in general there's less interest these days in making a RPG if you don't have to. For licensed titles in particular, it seems to be a more popular decision to shit out action/adventure or casual fighting stuff which can be developed in a shorter cycle. If there was really a demand for external RPG developers, we would probably see tri-Ace, Witchcraft, Media Vision, etc get more work. Even companies who had a good reputation developing RPGs for the DS are finding it increasingly hard to get work today - Matrix, h.a.n.d., Jupiter, etc have all turned to more mobile contracts to keep going.

Now that you said that, it really looks like RPGs/VNs of licensed titles are not so common as they used to be. Maybe it has something to do with the cost of such games. It is easier to cram down lots of characters in a fighting or action/adventure game than building more complex stories in RPGs, not to mention the risk of upsetting the fanbase.

Sorry, double post...

Top 20

3DS - 7
PS3 - 4
PSV - 4
PS4 - 3
WIU - 2

How long has it been that the top 20 wasn't mostly Nintendo?

since DS and Wii glory days I presume

maybe anyone mentioned but yesterday I went to Bic Camera West Ikebukuro and Yamada Denki (2 different shops) to look for Shulk Amiboo, it was around 12:30

sold-out everywhere

and shops open at 10:00 :D

Fisico

To be fair. You're right about Media Vision too. I just checked their site, and they've still managed to release a home retail RPG annually since 2011, thanks to their relationship with Sega. Valkyria 3 -> Shining Blade -> Shining Ark -> Shining Resonance. That's alongside their Chaos Rings stuff, and they have a new Digimon game on the Vita this year too. Not bad!

Oh, I always assumed that it was Tri-Crescendo which was making Cyber Sleuth, weird.
Media Vision's logo was also in the credits for Tales of Zestiria, maybe it's only for the two names above for the visual effect part, can't say for sure.

duckroll

Oh, I always assumed that it was Tri-Crescendo which was making Cyber Sleuth, weird.
Media Vision's logo was also in the credits for Tales of Zestiria, maybe it's only for the two names above for the visual effect part, can't say for sure.

That's just standard outsourcing. The section lists a few guys who handled animation for the real time cutscenes, and two effect animators. Most devs do a ton of this sort of work on the side.

Yeah IIRC MV do small bits in various Tales games and not actual game development.

That's just standard outsourcing. The section lists a few guys who handled animation for the real time cutscenes, and two effect animators. Most devs do a ton of this sort of work on the side.

This. :p

Fisico

Well okay that's what I assumed, I just found it amusing considering they also did Shining Resonance, which features dragons, real time battles, similar looking exploration, seamless transition between exploration and battles...hell even the beginning of this trailer looks like something you could see in a Tales (also the narrator in the trailer is dubbing a character in Zestiria too lol)

Maybe that's mutual influence between the Tales team and Media Vision :p

Takao

Banned

Witch Craft have been getting work, it's just in the shitty action/adventure and casual fighting category. They developed the recent Hajime no Ippo PS3 game and the Vita Mahouka title.

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-Through {2015.02.19}

[PSV] [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 60-70% PSV >> PS4 but the PS4 version is selling better than expected

[PS4] [PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) - 40% Something strange happened, even it's a japanese game PS4 > PS3

[PS4] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) - 20% No worries since is a long seller

[PSV] Furaiki 3 <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) - 50%

zeromcd73

Get yo DL cards

478cccff.jpg

61003c2d.jpg

duckroll

Witch Craft have been getting work, it's just in the shitty action/adventure and casual fighting category. They developed the recent Hajime no Ippo PS3 game and the Vita Mahouka title.

Yeah but where's the big Media Vision/Witch-Craft collaboration project for a new Wild Arms?!?! ;_;

hiska-kun

Today's releases {2015.02.20}

[PS4] The Order: 1886 # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥6.372)
ABAADE91-EA93-4264-AADC-F4DFC20496F8_zpscivggcfe.jpg

Yesterday's new Amiibos releases (Shulk, Megaman and Sonic), already sold out &#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;
D0BCFBAF-49DD-4057-BE5E-2877B1CDB7D8_zpsquzfjpzd.jpg

Meta Knight, Link, Cp Falcon, Samus, Lucario, Ike and others sold out too, since... Forever? lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
obviously the next gen graphics are actually making a difference for this game ;)

PS4 having attracted at first users who buy Western titles much more than Japanese titles (now things are slowly improving), and that probably had a 360 last gen + the already mentioned slow improvement in terms of Japanese games' sales could actually be an explanation, couldn't it?

hiska-kun

Media Create

Pre-orders:
Link Between Worlds - 75k
Majora's Mask 3D - 79k

First Week Sales and Sell-Through:
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 224.143 / NEW <83,47%>
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2015.02.14} (¥5.076) - 230.065 / NEW <85,92%>

Update for Total Sales:
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 430.000

Ocarina of Time is in Top 50 this week (position 49) Still showing legs and selling.
Last LTD known number for MC is until the end of 2013 (no update):

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} (¥4.800) - 576.896

How will Majora's Mask perform? Like OoT or like LBW?

Next week I'll start a weekly comparation.

duckroll

First Day Sell-Through {2015.02.19}

[PS4] [PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) - 40% Something strange happened, even it's a japanese game PS4 > PS3

Well, we're talking about what's likely to be a <100k release LTD right? So even if it's PS4 > PS3, the difference might not actually be meaningful in a practical sense. DQH will be the real test...

hiska-kun

Well, we're talking about what's likely to be a <100k release LTD right? So even if it's PS4 > PS3, the difference might not actually be meaningful in a practical sense. DQH will be the real test...

We need to know how many DQH bundles were sold too. Media Create reported 38k sales for launch week, but the bundles were available until mid-january.
I hope Media Create, like they did this week with Zelda, shares the LTD for the bundles. Because if not, we'll be missing some sales.

First Week:

00./00. [PS4] PlayStation 4 Dragon Quest Heroes Edition <H-W> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.12.11} (¥53.978) - 38.000 / NEW

ZhugeEX

Banned

Besides, Dead or Alive doesn't exactly sell in Japan anyway....

DQH will be good to watch. I wonder if it'll be able to break 450k+ first week.

Nope. Your argument was that SE support was not erratic recently, that it was great on 3DS, and that nothing could be compared to PSP and DS days. I argued that SE support was bad for 3DS and you went on saying that many games DS games that sold better than 3DS games you say were a success had underperformed and were bombas. You are trying to change your argument to make it look like you have a solid argument and I don't have any argument.

I never wrote the support was great, nor even implied it. I just wrote that it was disingenuous to put together 3DS and PSV by saying "SQEX support on handhelds is outright terrible" because I don't thing it is true (and I explained why). I also wrote that actually 3DS support reminds me a lot PSP support back then, with fewer titles but concentrated on more clever projects, instead of pumping out whatever game without even thinking whether the audience was there (as sometimes occured on DS, and now occurs on mobile).

I never changed my argument, it was always written in post I reported to you. And frankly, I still have to understand what your point is outside "you're not right because you cannot say that".

Talking about sales, I go with actual numbers, not relativizing numbers and inventing publisher expectations just to fit my argument.

I just brought some facts that might strengthen my argument. For example, I said that SQEX invested in supporting 3DS with IPs that sold well during mid- and late DS lifecycle, avoiding those IPs that saw huge drops and didn't sell well; that's why 3DS got immediately a sort-of-mainline KH and DQ, and why The 4 Heroes of Light 2 became Bravely Default. You might say it's not true, but I still have to read something to you stating why it's not true.

Again, you are changing your argument. Your argument on the thread was that it was not only the latest Imageepoch games that contributed to its downfall, but PSP games as well because you guessed that they have invested a lot into making those games and that the sales were under the publisher expectations (that you guessed as well). Now, you make random statements about what Imageepoch "would have done", ignoring that their post PSP games are RPGs, except Sonipro (that was not even made by them). Again, your argument is based on specific assumptions you make to fit your argument.

Everyone was making guesses on that very thread (and here as well), because no one can know with certainty what are imageepoch internal problems. So, I'm saying that perhaps their PSP games didn't go as expected; I brought a fact: imageepoch toned down its output production a lot, and their subsequent self-publising games were not as pushed / advertised / promised as those PSP efforts (and they avoided, for example, PS3 and PSV); that might be a sign that self-publishing didn't go as expected. What are your arguments that explain, in your opinion, why instead those games sold well - according to expectations? duckroll brought something to strengthen his point (though questionable, and mainly referring to BRS, which is the game I said it sold well, indeed); you didn't.

Stop playing the victim. I am not the only one challenge your arguments and if we are going to start that old "my arguments are arguments, yours are not", why being on forums? I never said your reasons are not reasons, just that your reasons are based on personal assumptions that are not verifiable and you can repeat them ad infinitum, but they will never be a valid source to support your argument. I am not interested in how you reached your conclusions, but the conclusions you have reached, and they are only logic if we accept all your assumptions as truth.

I still have to figure out what is your counter-argument to all my arguments. I might have not said 100% correct things, but unlike other users, you still have to bring some facts or argument that would enrich the debate and keep the discussion going ON TOPIC. Thanks.

monpiece

Banned
I never wrote the support was great, nor even implied it. I just wrote that it was disingenuous to put together 3DS and PSV by saying "SQEX support on handhelds is outright terrible" because I don't thing it is true (and I explained why). I also wrote that actually 3DS support reminds me a lot PSP support back then, with fewer titles but concentrated on more clever projects, instead of pumping out whatever game without even thinking whether the audience was there (as sometimes occured on DS, and now occurs on mobile).

I never changed my argument, it was always written in post I reported to you. And frankly, I still have to understand what your point is outside "you're not right because you cannot say that".

You said the support was good and invented a "SQEX support on handhelds is outright terrible" just to make your argument looks better. Your argument is based on why do you think something is true, but there are no facts to back it up, just the train of thought you used to reach your conclusion, based on assumptions you are making. As I said, it doesn't matter to me how you reach your conclusions, just your conclusions.

I just brought some facts that might strengthen my argument. For example, I said that SQEX invested in supporting 3DS with IPs that sold well during mid- and late DS lifecycle, avoiding those IPs that saw huge drops and didn't sell well; that's why 3DS got immediately a sort-of-mainline KH and DQ, and why The 4 Heroes of Light 2 became Bravely Default. You might say it's not true, but I still have to read something to you stating why it's not true.

That was not your argument. You listed many games as underperforming or bombas on DS when they sold the same or more than the "successes" of 3DS. No one ever talked or implied that games on 3DS are not from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy IPs. Besides, if your argument was that, how do you explain that they carried the worst performing FF spin-off on DS (4 Heroes of Light) to 3DS and not the others? I don't think you even know what you are arguing anymore, it just looks like you became angry that I stated that your lots of assumptions and guesses don't support a solid argument.

Everyone was making guesses on that very thread (and here as well), because no one can know with certainty what are imageepoch internal problems. So, I'm saying that perhaps their PSP games didn't go as expected; I brought a fact: imageepoch toned down its output production a lot, and their subsequent self-publising games were not as pushed / advertised / promised as those PSP efforts (and they avoided, for example, PS3 and PSV); that might be a sign that self-publishing didn't go as expected. What are your arguments that explain, in your opinion, why instead those games sold well - according to expectations? duckroll brought something to strengthen his point (though questionable, and mainly referring to BRS, which is the game I said it sold well, indeed); you didn't.

You didn't bring any fact. You only made a huge guess that PSP games didn't perform very well. Their output remained consistent from 2008 to 2014 (2 or 3 games/year). There is no sign anywhere that their self-published games didn't do well except for 2014 releases that sold much less than all their releases (self-published or not). I don't have to make an argument to say that those games sold according to the expectations or over the expectations to prove my point because my point is that your argument was based on your own guesses without any fact to back it up, and it is exactly what it is.

I still have to figure out what is your counter-argument to all my arguments. I might have not said 100% correct things, but unlike other users, you still have to bring some facts or argument that would enrich the debate and keep the discussion going ON TOPIC. Thanks.

My argument is that your arguments are based on assumptions and guesses. You jumped into a reply I gave to other user and used your guesses and assumptions to say that what I have said was wrong (which was an opinion, btw), and when I said they were just assumptions and guesses and that for you to be right, we would have to assume all your guesses and assumptions were correct, you tried to turn the discussion into something personal and off-topic. The only fact there is to see is that you base your arguments in your own guesses and assumptions, so please stop.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2015.02.14} (¥5.076) - 230.065 / NEW <85,92%>
___

21./16. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156)
22./18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800)
23./00. [PS4] The Lord of the Fallen <RPG> (Ubisoft) {2015.02.12} (¥7.992)
24./04. [3DS] Lost Heroes 2 # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.05} (¥6.145)
25./12. [PS3] Tales of Zestiria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.01.22} (¥8.715)
26./09. [3DS] Devil Survivor 2: Break Record <SLG> (Atlus) {2015.01.29} (¥6.458)
27./08. [PSV] PhotoKano Kiss [EBKore] <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) {2015.02.05} (¥4.298)
28./21. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
29./27. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} (¥4.800)
30./22. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.12.11} (¥7.992)
31./35. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2014.11.20} (¥5.184)
32./41. [3DS] Bravely Default: For the Sequel [Ultimate Hits] <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.08.07} (¥2.700)
33./20. [3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.01.15} (¥6.458)
34./19. [PSV] Persona 4: Golden [PlayStation Vita the Best] <RPG> (Atlus) {2015.02.05} (¥4.298)
35./23. [3DS] The Legend of Legacy <RPG> (FuRyu) {2015.01.22} (¥6.458)
36./34. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 <SPT> (Konami) {2014.11.13} (¥8.208)
37./26. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [Bargain Edition] <ACT> (Rockstar Games) {2014.06.26} (¥5.389)
38./24. [PSV] Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.22} (¥6.264)
39./28. [3DS] LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2015.01.22} (¥5.076)
40./40. [3DS] Tomodachi Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800)
41./39. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind - Chain <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.12.04} (¥5.378)
42./38. [PS3] Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition <Yakuza \ Yakuza 2> [PlayStation 3 the Best] <ADV> (Sega) {2014.12.11} (¥1.944)
43./42. [3DS] Gotouchi Tetsudou: Gotouchi Chara to Nihon Zenkoku no Tabi <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.27} (¥5.626)
44./33. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.12.18} (¥7.171)
45./25. [PS3] Bladestorm: Nightmare <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.01.29} (¥7.776)
46./46. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package {Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.08.07} (¥5.184)
47./50. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} (¥5.985)
48./32. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.01.29} (¥5.119)
49./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D <ADV> (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} (¥4.800)
50./30. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.12.18} (¥6.264)
00./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - * / 430.000

Top 50

3DS - 23
PS3 - 9
PSV - 8
PS4 - 5
WIU - 5

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    694.000 |    413.000 |    560.000 |  4.487.000 |  5.996.000 |

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
2013 52 {2013.12.23 - 2013.12.29} 01. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 224.143 / 224.143 <83,47%>
2014 01 {2013.12.30 - 2014.01.05} 03. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 73.072 / 297.216 <96,84%>
2014 02 {2014.01.06 - 2014.01.12} 04. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 26.286 / 323.502
2014 03 {2014.01.13 - 2014.01.19} 05. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 17.897 / 341.398
2014 04 {2014.01.20 - 2014.01.26} 10. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 15.095 / 356.494
2014 05 {2014.01.27 - 2014.02.02} 13. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 10.048 / 366.541
2014 06 {2014.02.03 - 2014.02.09} 16. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 6.105 / 372.647
2014 07 {2014.02.10 - 2014.02.16} 20. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 4.785 / 377.432
2014 08 {2014.02.17 - 2014.02.23} 34. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800)
2014 09 {2014.02.24 - 2014.03.02} 44. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800)
2014 10 {2014.03.03 - 2014.03.09} 36. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800)
2014 11 {2014.03.10 - 2014.03.16} 37. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800)
___

2015 07 {2015.02.09 - 2015.02.15} 00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 0 / 430.000

2013 52 {2013.12.23 - 2013.12.29} 01. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 224.143 / 224.143 <83,47%>
2014 01 {2013.12.30 - 2014.01.05} 03. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 73.072 / 297.216 <96,84%>
2014 02 {2014.01.06 - 2014.01.12} 04. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 26.286 / 323.502
2014 03 {2014.01.13 - 2014.01.19} 05. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 17.897 / 341.398
2014 04 {2014.01.20 - 2014.01.26} 10. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 15.095 / 356.494
2014 05 {2014.01.27 - 2014.02.02} 13. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 10.048 / 366.541

It's always crazy to see how sales collaped after the second week. MM3D could do better, maybe reaching 500k units, which would only 100k units from what the original did back in 2000.

3DS - 23
PS3 - 9
PSV - 8
PS4 - 5
WIU - 5

There has just been a user asking what was the last time Nintendo didn't occupy most of the chart :p

hiska-kun

Media Create's comment

Media Create said:
"The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D" sold 230 thousand copies, getting off to smooth start

&#12539; Total software sales were 694 thousand copies. Owing to a popular new release, software sales jumped to 167.87% of last week.
Hardware sales also increased to 135.59% of last week, with TV game market swelling as a result.

&#12539; Top-ranked "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D" sold 230 thousand copies.
Although the start of receiving its pre-orders was as short as a month before its release, its sales were almost the same as its previous installment, "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" (initial weekly sales: 224 thousand copies) released in December 2013.
Furthermore, both its number of pre-orders (latest installment: 79 thousand, last installment: 75 thousand) and initial weekly digestibility rate (latest: 85.92%, last: 83.47%), so it can be said that it successfully attract the fans of the franchise.
If its sales will grow as last installment, its accumulated sales are expected to reach those of last installment (430 thousand copies).
In addition to that, due to its bundle, sales of the New 3DS LL doubled to 193.17% of last week. Given that sales of the New3DS buoyed to 121.07% of last week, it seems that this title contributed to users' shift from the 3DS to the New3DS.

http://www.m-create.com/english/latest_research/e_ranking.html

L~A

In addition to that, due to its bundle, sales of the New 3DS LL doubled to 193.17% of last week. Given that sales of the New3DS buoyed to 121.07% of last week, it seems that this title contributed to users' shift from the 3DS to the New3DS.

Interesting.

By the way, you can see all XL models have been discontinued. It's been selling roughly the same as the OG3DS for several weeks now.

I hadn't heard about this Nippon Ichi game, but after a quick research I realized it will be one of their games with a stellar 5k LTD.

It's a port of an old PC game. I'm still not sure what they were going for with it, aside from the fact that they've worked Full on Games on other stuff before.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I remember that people said they weren't especially interested in hearing about mobile games, but here's the first game that Tetsuya Mizuguchi is working on at Mobcast that isn't at port of one of his older games or him just overseeing a totally standard mobile title.

The short version is that it's a gem matching game, but with a large emphasis on presentation, storyline, and battle elements.

Thread with vastly more info/screens/etc: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995987

topimg_10m4klz.png

Announced way back in July 2014, this project is the brain child of Tetsuya Mizuguchi. During its Q3 FY2014 earnings call, Mobcast explained that users can expect a “mysterious puzzle game” (direct translation) that will blend a story line, puzzle mechanics, and battle RPG elements. Using Mizuguchi’s background and star power, “18 (Eighteen)” will be released by Mobcast worldwide. In Japan, the company started accepting pre-registrations on February 10.

http://www.serkantoto.com/2015/02/19/mobile-games-japan-2015/

hiska-kun

GamesMaya's report

- Yesterday was the launch of God Eater 2: Rage Burst. The Vita version is the best seller new release by a good margin.
At first it had a slow start that caused concern. But at the end of the day it gained traction and it sold almost the same units than the last entry.
In the evening a lot of high school students came, and at night many young "salaryman".
The game was bought mainly by these two profiles.

(No word about PS4 version)

Kyoufu

GamesMaya's report

- Yesterday was the launch of God Eater 2: Rage Burst. The Vita version is the best seller new release by a good margin.
At first it had a slow start that caused concern. But at the end of the day it gained traction and it sold almost the same units than the last entry.
In the evening a lot of high school students came, and at night many young "salaryman".
The game was bought mainly by these two profiles.

(No word about PS4 version)

I think it's safe to say the PS4 version didn't do so hot.

hiska-kun

MH clones have never sold well on home consoles so there's no reason to have any expectations for GE2RB PS4.

I think nobody here (or I'm being naive? lol) thinks that GE2RB for PS4 will sell gangbusters.
But there's a difference if the PS4 version sells just 20k like SW4-II this week, or it sells a little more in the 35-45k range.
That would be an okish performance then.

Road

How DARE you neglect Funassyi *shocked Mii face*

starlordwho.gif

Looks another one of those games that crawls its way to 100k under the radar...

There also the 2nd Kuroko's Basketball game for 3DS; it might not sell as well as the 1st one, but it should crack the 40k mark.

40k is too low for this month, I think.

I think we'll go with these:

Dragon Quest Heroes
Yakuza 0
Mario Party 10
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Sword Art Online Lost Song
Bloodborne
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Theatr... DQ only there to represent the 3DS...

Not predicting for:

Disgaea 5
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Tripping Stars
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
New Prince of Tennis Go To the Top
Battlefield Hardline
Pro Baseball Spirits 2015
Kuroko's Basketball: Kuroko e no Kizuna

hiska-kun

starlordwho.gif

Looks another one of those games that crawls its way to 100k under the radar...

40k is too low for this month, I think.

I think we'll go with these:

Dragon Quest Heroes
Yakuza 0
Mario Party 10
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Sword Art Online Lost Song
Bloodborne
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Theatr... DQ only there to represent the 3DS...

Not predicting for:

Disgaea 5
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Tripping Stars
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
New Prince of Tennis Go To the Top
Battlefield Hardline
Pro Baseball Spirits 2015
Kuroko's Basketball: Kuroko e no Kizuna

Mmm, why not change Theatrhythm for Etrian Odyssey?
It has more tracking weeks, so possible higher sales.

I agree with the rest of the list.

Edit: or wait. This month is too packed, why don't we do weekly predictions for this month? (And we can include hardware)

Road

Mmm, why not change Theatrhythm for Etrian Odyssey?
It has more tracking weeks, so possible higher sales.

Well, it could be.

Edit: or wait. This month is too packed, why don't we do weekly predictions for this month? (And we can include hardware)

I don't want to do weekly... =X If anyone else wants to organize an weekly prediction...

As for hardware, is there any point for anything else but PS4? I could include PS4 hardware for the month, I guess.

hiska-kun

Well, it could be.

I don't want to do weekly... =X If anyone else wants to organize an weekly prediction...

As for hardware, is there any point for anything else but PS4? I could include PS4 hardware for the month, I guess.

3DS has a MH4G Value Bundle but if we're not doing it weekly, let's predict just games.

Top Bottom