• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Rodriguez talks about GameCube

Insertia

MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ: said:
Seriously though, take a look at the guys who make these games... most are computer, techie types. They're almost all boys that spend all day sitting in front of the PC. And they never get laid... these cats are deprived. It's visible in the stories you seen in most games. And women aren't interested in that.

Wow, I actually agree.

Okay the getting laid part sounds trashy, but she has a point.

Bishman

1UP: Rumor has it you're an attractive lady. Do tell: why don't more pretty girls play games?

MR: Because they're too busy being pretty - it's a full-time job. [Laughs] Seriously though, take a look at the guys who make these games... most are computer, techie types. They're almost all boys that spend all day sitting in front of the PC. And they never get laid... these cats are deprived. It's visible in the stories you seen in most games. And women aren't interested in that.

How does not getting laid affect the damn story?! I would love to see her try and learn to make a game. We'll see who is working full time.

1UP: Any tips you can offer to rectify the situation?

MR: They should consider hiring a female writer once in a while. And should get laid more - the stories would probably improve. Every plot you see in a videogame is so clichéd. The creators need to step outside their world a little bit more.

Omg she needs to stfu about the laid shit. Kojima makes original stories and games.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
right1.jpg

"Michelle has only recently regained control of her domain
and is now planning an entire site for her fans. Please stay
tuned for updates and more announcements from her.

If you have suggestions of what you would like to see on her site,
please send an email to webmaster@michellerodriguez.com."

How does not getting laid affect the damn story?! I would love to see her try and learn to make a game. We'll see who is working full time.

She's probably talking about the role female characters play in most games. They're mostly there to look sexy, cooked up by the fantasies of under-sexed computer geeks. If game designers got laid more, maybe they'd stop thinking "OMG we need a girl with teh huge titties in teh game!!11" and put in a proper female character.

olimario

Banned
GETTING LAID AND LOOKING PRETTY ARE ALL THAT MATTER IN LIFE!
ALSO, IF YOU ARENT GETTING LAID YOU CANT WRITE WELL!

Michelle is worthless.

ManaByte

RE4 vs. SH4 said:
She's probably talking about the role female characters play in most games. They're mostly there to look sexy, cooked up by the fantasies of under-sexed computer geeks. If game designers got laid more, maybe they'd stop thinking "OMG we need a girl with teh huge titties in teh game!!11" and put in a proper female character.

20041203l.jpg

FoneBone

This thread is fucking pathetic -- I can't believe any of you (pro- or anti-Nintendo) give a shit what she thinks.

lexi

Banned
RE4 vs. SH4 said:

She might appreciate a game series by the name of Metroid, but it si on teh kidcube lollerz!

Jr.

Banned
evil ways said:
She's talking about Gamecube, not N64.

FU too dude! This game is gonna rock hard core, and all the Xbots and PStwerps are gonna be trying to find BS reasons that the game isn't good as they do with every Nintendo release. Its like Nintendo is so great and powerfull that people just HAVE to fignd a reason for their stuff to not be good.

Deku Tree

RE4 vs. SH4 said:

To be fair most movies aren't much better. At least in movies they have a proper female charcters which are for the most part non-existant in games. But movies are full of exploiting female sexuality too. See some of the movies that MR has been in...

olimario

Banned
-jinx- said:
Knock off the use of "cunt" in this thread. She's entitled to her opinion.

She directly insults the people who make the games we enjoy. People who deserve a fair deal of respect for the hard work they put in. Her 'opinions' are direct insults and so are mine. Can no one respect my "opinion" that she's a 'word-that-must-not-be-used'?

lexi

Banned
Jr. said:
FU too dude! This game is gonna rock hard core, and all the Xbots and PStwerps are gonna be trying to find BS reasons that the game isn't good as they do with every Nintendo release. Its like Nintendo is so great and powerfull that people just HAVE to fignd a reason for their stuff to not be good.

:lol This thread is going places!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
FoneBone said:
This thread is fucking pathetic -- I can't believe any of you (pro- or anti-Nintendo) give a shit what she thinks.
Take it easy. People are just having fun with it.

Jr.

Banned
olimario said:
She directly insults the people who make the games we enjoy. People who deserve a fair deal of respect for the hard work they put in. Her 'opinions' are direct insults and so are mine. Can no one respect my "opinion" that she's a 'word-that-must-not-be-used'?

Qoute of the thread right here! Its true!

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
ManaByte said:
The Fast and the Furious and the RE movie both did well among people who are old enough to drive or old enough to buy a ticket to a R rated movie without mommy or daddy.

The Fast and the Furious and the RE movie were shitty movie. The only good movie she has done is Girl Fight.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I was going to make a Photoshop of Michelle butt-fucking Reggie with a giant green strap-on, but I have a plane to catch in about an hour :(

To be fair most movies aren't much better. At least in movies they have a proper female charcters which are for the most part non-existant in games. But movies are full of exploiting female sexuality too. See some of the movies that MR has been in...

Yeah, but like you said, at least in movies the female characters are important and/or interesting in some way, and not just a part of the scenary.

ourumov

She directly insults the people who make the games we enjoy. People who deserve a fair deal of respect for the hard work they put in. Her 'opinions' are direct insults and so are mine. Can no one respect my "opinion" that she's a 'word-that-must-not-be-used'

I would like to see her and all the "Capcom freaks" in a closed room. You know: Mikami, Inafune, Kamiya...
She'd pee her pants !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devil01a.jpg

"Our motto is "guts", "Willpower" and "Stamina"

cvxfreak

RE4 vs. SH4 said:
Yeah, but like you said, at least in movies the female characters are important and/or interesting in some way, and not just a part of the scenary.

RE3 vs. SH3 should be your screename.

evil ways

Sho Nuff said:
I was going to make a Photoshop of Michelle butt-fucking Reggie with a giant green strap-on, but I have a plane to catch in about an hour :(

Can't you please take a later flight?

For the sake of this thread of course.

Speevy

Banned
Why do you guys feel the need to start a thread when some moron makes a comment relating to videogames?

Dilbert

olimario said:
If the game developers for Nintendo are actually offended by her opinion, then THEY can come in this thread and discuss it. You're not in a position to speak for them.

In her article, she dismissed GameCube as not having a lot of "mature" games which interest her. If you want to respond to that claim, have fun. Gahiggidy's one-word response of "cunt" is weak shit, though -- when you resort to name-calling, it means you don't have anything factual to fire back.

Just to be clear: I specifically am objecting to the use of that word -- it personally bothers me in almost all contexts. If you and other Nintendo fans want to add Michelle Rodriguez to your list of people you want to hate, go nuts. Feel free to call your friends and use whatever words you want to describe your deep torment over yet another assault on your beloved GC. But it doesn't belong on this board.

Top Bottom