• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I don't know if I'm gonna make WS this season. I got as high as 878 and then I dropped down around 800. Probably a combination of things, not as intense for a player I don't care for, trying new players a bunch, annoyed with the pitchers I'm facing, gameplay fatigue.

Ready for this season to be over and for them to wow us next season.

I'm sort of in "Nothing else to do" land myself...I suppose the rest of my time will just be spent playing with the team I spent days grinding for. Honestly, at this point, my last box to check is pulling Trout from a pack. I've done it every year except this one.

Getting World Series is basically earning yourself a 50 pack and a little more, haha. And yeah, at this point, it's awfully repetitive with the lineups you face. I don't really have a problem with that though, I'm just in it for the competitive fun. You're not that far though. Just need a night or two of winning and you're in.

BTW I have been awful with Yadi at the plate. I think he's had 16-20 ABs....and all I've gotten is 2 walks and no hits. I would say most were my fault, but the few that I hit really well, his pop was really underwhelming. I love his arm, but it's laughable how many dropped balls there still are, and these aren't balls hitting the dirt (Or should not). It's baffling.

is it worth spending 25k to get the team epic kinsler? i need an asnwer at 2b. i suck with sandberg and murphy. how about that 96 molitor?

Get DIamond Ben Zobrist. He shows up on the ticket store time to time.

Switch hitter, can play every position other than catcher (primary 2B) who just rakes. I swear he hits well above what he stats suggest.

Heres my squad: Any advice on upgrades?

C : Diamond Victor Martinez
1B: 95 Edgar Martinez
2B: Diamond Ben Zobrist
SS: 99 Cal Ripken Jr
3B: Diamond Hanley Ramirez
LF: Diamond Lou Brok
CF: Diamond Jacoby Ellsbury
RF: Diamond Reggie Jackson

Starters:
98 King Felix
99 Jake Arrieta
85 Oliver Perez
My Create a Player (CAP)
89 Roy Oswalt (who IMO is better than the 93 version of him)

Bench:
Gold Melky Cabrera
Gold Paul Konerko
Starling Marte
Jose Ramirez
Charlie Blackmon

I like my bench to be gold to keep my rating modifer down. its at around 112 right now.

EDIT: The only pitcher that I'm thinking of putting in there is 99 Vida Blue, but I don't really know how to pitch with him.

Heres my squad: Any advice on upgrades?

C : Diamond Victor Martinez
1B: 95 Edgar Martinez
2B: Diamond Ben Zobrist
SS: 99 Cal Ripken Jr
3B: Diamond Hanley Ramirez
LF: Diamond Lou Brok
CF: Diamond Jacoby Ellsbury
RF: Diamond Reggie Jackson

Starters:
98 King Felix
99 Jake Arrieta
85 Oliver Perez
My Create a Player (CAP)
89 Roy Oswalt (who IMO is better than the 93 version of him)

Bench:
Gold Melky Cabrera
Gold Paul Konerko
Starling Marte
Jose Ramirez
Charlie Blackmon

I like my bench to be gold to keep my rating modifer down. its at around 112 right now.

EDIT: The only pitcher that I'm thinking of putting in there is 99 Vida Blue, but I don't really know how to pitch with him.

I would get rid of Arrieta while you can. Not only are his pitches easy to read...he tips off his throws if you look really closely.

I'd get a different catcher, third baseman, and a new center fielder. Move Brock to the bench, put Ellsbury in LF. Brock has shitty D, Ellsbury has good range but no arm. V-Mart can hit as well as anyone but he is too slow and his defense sucks. And Hanley is a great bat but at least once a game he'll do something on defense to piss you off.

Everyone else looks good though.

I need to get on dumping Arrieta too. I haven't pitched with him yet, but I haven't heard of anyone really liking him. Plus if I sold him I'd be up to like 330,000 stubs...

Anyone use the 99 Eddie Matthews from the player epic mission? I also have a 98 Miggy that's sellable that I could use to fund finishing his mission. Wondering if it's worth spending the stubs on buying Breakout players and Braves to finish it though or if he's not really an upgrade over Miggy.

I need to get on dumping Arrieta too. I haven't pitched with him yet, but I haven't heard of anyone really liking him. Plus if I sold him I'd be up to like 330,000 stubs...

Anyone use the 99 Eddie Matthews from the player epic mission? I also have a 98 Miggy that's sellable that I could use to fund finishing his mission. Wondering if it's worth spending the stubs on buying Breakout players and Braves to finish it though or if he's not really an upgrade over Miggy.

He's trash at D. Don't bother wasting your time

If you don't like Miggy the next best thing is Arenado. Korupt can vouch for him and he is due an upgrade.

He's trash at D. Don't bother wasting your time

If you don't like Miggy the next best thing is Arenado. Korupt can vouch for him and he is due an upgrade.

I actually like Miggy's bat, just wondered if Matthews was an upgrade somehow. Looks like it would almost be a straight swap price wise from Miggy to Arenado. Looks like Arenado's bat is a bit worse, but his defense would be a serious upgrade. Choices choices.

I'm seriously considering selling Arrieta right now since I'm just grinding some single player stuff right now anyways, but is it worth considering keeping him around for if there is a HW program coming up? Obviously HW cards would jump in price and I assume I'd need some HW series guys to accumulate stats with. I think I literally only have one other HW pitcher in my collection right now and it's a 75 Jeremy Hellickson.

I actually like Miggy's bat, just wondered if Matthews was an upgrade somehow. Looks like it would almost be a straight swap price wise from Miggy to Arenado. Looks like Arenado's bat is a bit worse, but his defense would be a serious upgrade. Choices choices.

I'm seriously considering selling Arrieta right now since I'm just grinding some single player stuff right now anyways, but is it worth considering keeping him around for if there is a HW program coming up? Obviously HW cards would jump in price and I assume I'd need some HW series guys to accumulate stats with. I think I literally only have one other HW pitcher in my collection right now and it's a 75 Jeremy Hellickson.

They'll have hardware players in the ticket counter.

Also, you'll be able to buy a bunch of hardware guys with the 90k you make from Arrieta.

I would get rid of Arrieta while you can. Not only are his pitches easy to read...he tips off his throws if you look really closely.

I'd get a different catcher, third baseman, and a new center fielder. Move Brock to the bench, put Ellsbury in LF. Brock has shitty D, Ellsbury has good range but no arm. V-Mart can hit as well as anyone but he is too slow and his defense sucks. And Hanley is a great bat but at least once a game he'll do something on defense to piss you off.

Everyone else looks good though.

Yeah, word on the street is that Arrieta tips his pitches. But for the life of me I don't see how people can pick that up so quick. Especially if you are playing only in 1080p. I could understand picking up such minute details on 4k mode, but the framerate clearly isn't anywhere close to 60fps so that's not an option. But I hear you on his cookie-cutter delivery, half the reason why I excel with pitchers like Chris Young, (my CAP, who's got chris young's delivery) and Oliver Perez is because their windup and release point fucks with everyone.

I could wait a week or two, see if Arrieta hits a market high, sell him - and use the funds to get that diamond Matt Harvey everyone is raving about. What are your thoughts on him?

Also, as for the Catcher, LF, and 3B suggestions. Victor Martinez's defense hasn't yet really become an issue for me. But I hear you on his speed. Hanley at 3rd hasn't yet been an issue at 3rd defensively, but as importantly, if I get rid of him - where else could I put him. Hes too valuable of a bat not to get playing time. Lou Brock, yeah - but that 99 speed 99 steal essentially gives him an automatic triple everytime I get on base with him. He does suck against lefties though, but thats why I have switch hitting Melky Cabrera/Starling Marte for protection. If I put Ellsbury in left, than who would I put in Center? Maybe I could switch Jackson to Center, and put 94 Bautista in right? Or maybe that diamond cliff floyd in the ticket counter. The only other diamonds I have at Center are : Granderson, 95 Cutch, 92 Cain and diamond BJ Upton.

Yeah, word on the street is that Arrieta tips his pitches. But for the life of me I don't see how people can pick that up so quick. Especially if you are playing only in 1080p. I could understand picking up such minute details on 4k mode, but the framerate clearly isn't anywhere close to 60fps so that's not an option.

What sucks is that I haven't had the chance to use him yet. The game gets randomly choosing my CAP and Oliver Perez all the damn time.

I could wait a week or two, see if Arrieta hits a market high, sell him - and use the funds to get that diamond Matt Harvey everyone is raving about. What are your thoughts on him?

I'm in the same boat as you with Arrieta where I haven't had a chance to use him yet, but I don't think I've read a single person that has raved about him. I put him up on the market. Honestly I'll probably have more fun with the 90,000 stubs I'd get for him than actually using him.

Yeah, word on the street is that Arrieta tips his pitches. But for the life of me I don't see how people can pick that up so quick. Especially if you are playing only in 1080p. I could understand picking up such minute details on 4k mode, but the framerate clearly isn't anywhere close to 60fps so that's not an option. But I hear you on his cookie-cutter delivery, half the reason why I excel with pitchers like Chris Young, (my CAP, who's got chris young's delivery) and Oliver Perez is because their windup and release point fucks with everyone.

Also, as for the Catcher, LF, and 3B suggestions. Victor Martinez's defense hasn't yet really become an issue for me. But I hear you on his speed. Hanley at 3rd hasn't yet been an issue at 3rd defensively, but as importantly, if I get rid of him - where else could I put him. Hes too valuable of a bat not to get playing time. Lou Brock, yeah - but that 99 speed 99 steal essentially gives him an automatic triple everytime I get on base with him. He does suck against lefties though, but thats why I have switch hitting Melky Cabrera/Starling Marte for protection. If I put Ellsbury in left, than who would I put in Center? Maybe I could switch Jackson to Center, and put 94 Bautista in right? Or maybe that diamond cliff floyd in the ticket counter. The only other diamonds I have at Center are : Granderson, 95 Cutch, 92 Cain and diamond BJ Upton.

I don't have any intel on Harvey. Never faced at all. What I'm going to do is see what happens with Chris Sale's price when the update hits Friday. I imagine if he gets boosted to a 96 or 97 that his price will keep shooting up. That's probably when I'll sell and try others out. I've heard great things about 95 Jake Peavy as well.

If you don't have any defensive issues with Martinez you're probably ok. As for Hanley...same deal. Because I have Corey Seager (And Sandberg/Jackie/Cal), Hanley became not as necessary. I will say, Seager is expensive, but that dude is worth every stub. He's one of my favorite hitters at the plate. I think you've probably seen every Seager owner rave the same way. I'm not sure what it is about him, but he hits everything hard as hell and he's good against lefties too. That breaking ball hitting perk he has is really sweet.

If you got Cutch, I'd just put him at center, Ellsbury in left, Reggie in right. You do NOT want to put Reggie in CF, lol. I love Reggie's bat, but his defense in right field wasn't my favorite thing ever. I really liked Cutch, never had any problems with him. As for Lou...yes, he's really fast. But I just value defense a lot, and he makes too many errors. My team philosophy is great defense first, because most of these upper echelon guys can swing a good bat anyways. And as you know, when you're playing against other WS players, you just don't strike anybody out. Everything gets put in play.

I'm not sure how the Arrieta market will play out. Honestly, I thought he'd have dropped a lot more by now, but he's going for about the same price as he was not too long ago. When it comes to event rewards, it's pretty simple: if the card is really good, it's super expensive. If not, it drops a lot. I think people will eventually get out of using Arrieta. Meanwhile, Luis Tiant's price is absolutely insane. You gotta get in the 200s if you want him now. AS Nolan Ryan on the other hand, goes in the low 100s because there's already a bunch of Nolans and they're all basically the same damn thing. I like my 92 BO Nolan just fine.

If I were yall, I'd just wait till Friday to make any big moves. They said new ticket counter players are on the way. It *might* mean we get level 100 diamond rewards, but I'm not sure. Anybody remember when they started releasing that business last year?

Ya, after finishing griffey and with no real prospects of hitting ws I don't feel the need to play lol

Now why would you say that about yourself

You just need to believe

But hey, if yall want to do some games against each other sometime, let me know. I'm cool playing people I know. Playing ranked games can be a bit stressful lol

I don't have any intel on Harvey. Never faced at all. What I'm going to do is see what happens with Chris Sale's price when the update hits Friday. I imagine if he gets boosted to a 96 or 97 that his price will keep shooting up. That's probably when I'll sell and try others out. I've heard great things about 95 Jake Peavy as well.

If you don't have any defensive issues with Martinez you're probably ok. As for Hanley...same deal. Because I have Corey Seager (And Sandberg/Jackie/Cal), Hanley became not as necessary. I will say, Seager is expensive, but that dude is worth every stub. He's one of my favorite hitters at the plate. I think you've probably seen every Seager owner rave the same way. I'm not sure what it is about him, but he hits everything hard as hell and he's good against lefties too. That breaking ball hitting perk he has is really sweet.

If you got Cutch, I'd just put him at center, Ellsbury in left, Reggie in right. You do NOT want to put Reggie in CF, lol. I love Reggie's bat, but his defense in right field wasn't my favorite thing ever. I really liked Cutch, never had any problems with him. As for Lou...yes, he's really fast. But I just value defense a lot, and he makes too many errors. My team philosophy is great defense first, because most of these upper echelon guys can swing a good bat anyways. And as you know, when you're playing against other WS players, you just don't strike anybody out. Everything gets put in play.

I'm not sure how the Arrieta market will play out. Honestly, I thought he'd have dropped a lot more by now, but he's going for about the same price as he was not too long ago. When it comes to event rewards, it's pretty simple: if the card is really good, it's super expensive. If not, it drops a lot. I think people will eventually get out of using Arrieta. Meanwhile, Luis Tiant's price is absolutely insane. You gotta get in the 200s if you want him now. AS Nolan Ryan on the other hand, goes in the low 100s because there's already a bunch of Nolans and they're all basically the same damn thing. I like my 92 BO Nolan just fine.

If I were yall, I'd just wait till Friday to make any big moves. They said new ticket counter players are on the way. It *might* mean we get level 100 diamond rewards, but I'm not sure. Anybody remember when they started releasing that business last year?

Hm, you are indeed the upteenth person to recommend Corey Seager. Maybe I could put him at second and put that diamond Zobrist on the bench.

I don't know if its because live series players have active quirks/perks, but a lot of times I find live series players to punch above their weight, while legends/flashbacks punch below their weight. But then are certain players like Reggie Jackson, Ben Zobrist and Paul Konerko that just murder everything. It's so weird.

Now why would you say that about yourself

You just need to believe

But hey, if yall want to do some games against each other sometime, let me know. I'm cool playing people I know. Playing ranked games can be a bit stressful lol

I've gotten alot better this year but cs players still beat me most of the time, and I refuse to play like a douche

Corey seager is ridiculously good, I got him in a pack and he is up there with 96 ellsbury as my favourite hitter, I even chose his batting stance for my cap

Hm, you are indeed the upteenth person to recommend Corey Seager. Maybe I could put him at second and put that diamond Zobrist on the bench.

I don't know if its because live series players have active quirks/perks, but a lot of times I find live series players to punch above their weight, while legends/flashbacks punch below their weight. But then are certain players like Reggie Jackson, Ben Zobrist and Paul Konerko that just murder everything. It's so weird.

I think the quirks mean a lot, that's why most of my LS players actually hit better than my flashbacks/legends. It's also why Trout is a god at the plate more than anyone else in this game. He has first-pitch hitter, unfazed, dead red, and breaking ball hitter. Basically, anything you throw to him is probably going to get destroyed.

If I had to rank the hitters I feel best about using, it'd be this order:

1. Trout
2. Trout
3. Trout
4. Seager
5. Harper
6. HW Miggy (Doesn't hit for power as much as you'd hope but he gets on base)
7. Griffey
8. Cal
9. Dawson
10. Sandberg

There's been some others along the way. I loved McCutchen, Cain, Reggie, AS Floyd is CLUTCH, Zobrist like you said is really great, HW Cepeda.

But yeah, couldn't recommend Seager enough. I have a 1.201 OPS with him, which is the highest on my team (Take that with a grain of salt as many of it was against rookie CPU). He's got to be THE best 90 rated player in the game. Hopefully an upgrade is due for him. He hasn't blown us away this season, but he's been steadily great.

I've gotten alot better this year but cs players still beat me most of the time, and I refuse to play like a douche

Yeah, I hear you. You just need a good stretch of games where you are doing well and aren't dealing with douchebaggery.

in ranked do people ever use the BR strategy of filling your rotation out with commons so you can use better players elsewhere (in this case, to keep the mod low)? i'm talking about using the starter for 1 batter and then going with relievers for the whole game. i'm terrible against real people, but i've been able to put together a really good team with a high mod, so i feel like i'm getting matched up with people way better than me. is this a viable strategy, and would it be considered cheap? i'd feel kind of shitty doing it. the other alternative would be to not play all my best cards, but that doesn't seem very fun.

But I think Sandberg is great. Just keep giving him a shot.

i hit for tons of power with him, but nothing else. i feel like i always get jammed and hit a ton of popups

in ranked do people ever use the BR strategy of filling your rotation out with commons so you can use better players elsewhere (in this case, to keep the mod low)? i'm talking about using the starter for 1 batter and then going with relievers for the whole game. i'm terrible against real people, but i've been able to put together a really good team with a high mod, so i feel like i'm getting matched up with people way better than me. is this a viable strategy, and would it be considered cheap? i'd feel kind of shitty doing it. the other alternative would be to not play all my best cards, but that doesn't seem very fun.

i hit for tons of power with him, but nothing else. i feel like i always get jammed and hit a ton of popups

I don't like lowering my mod. I didn't grind all summer to have any scrubs on my team!!!

Damn, I just threw a CGSO with Bob Feller in RS. I think that has more to do with my opponent being unable to lay off of out of the zone sliders all game....

Ugh, tied Chris Sale in the 6th and as the inning ended the screen went to black and stayed black, game history on theshownation says I got the loss =/

Ha! Just went and scraped 10k together by selling dupe bronzes and commons and bought a 10 pack and pulled Chris Sale!

Nice!!!

Go get you....Luis Tiant? lol

Yikes. Never mind. Lowest buy now is now 219 @.@ I missed out on that market...

I'm so tempted to open a 50 pack right now just for the fuck of it lol

any reactions on brooks robinson? i haven't a single thing about him, but his numbers look good. if he sucks i'll probably just buy AS miggy

any reactions on brooks robinson? i haven't a single thing about him, but his numbers look good. if he sucks i'll probably just buy AS miggy

I faced him just once and he seemed to hit pretty well. obviously, his defense will be unrivaled by any 3B in the game. But I think most 3B with fielding above 80 are sufficient enough. guys in the 70s can get most things done but will never do anything spectacular

if you can stomach it, just do the free grind and spend the stubs elsewhere.

I've seen a few videos and he has been solid. If I had the patience, I'd get him.

I'm keeping Sale. See if he gets upgraded and use him for a WS push.

I'm about to put Molina's ass on the market

What are you worth if I can't hit with you and the blocking is still awful

Bought him for 70 and he's shooting up so at least the investment was worth it!

You know what pitcher might be underrated? That 98 Felix. I always used him well and I have a hard time against him

Heh, I got absolutely shelled in back to back games with 98 Felix

Sold Cano, bought a ton of packs, pulled 2 paxtons and a degrom in a 20 pack, bought more packs, pulled 99 Saberhagen

He is 38k, I guess I should just sell him

Yes! Darvish with some remaining stubs I had left over.....is Dodger Darvish worth much....let's see....eh only 9.9k but still ok for a gold

Pretty sure I just got DDOS'd :(

Got 88 Warren Spahn from a legends pack...but it's apparently unsellable!?!? WTF! These are from the packs you get from ranked seasons. They didn't say this shit was unsellable!

It states that in the pack description, and I'm pretty sure SDS mentioned it somewhere

Strasburg or Britton? I should probably use these stubs on a player instead of packs lol

Or is there a better pitcher or reliever in the under 50k stubs market

Feller, Blue, Ryan, Sabathia, then either Chris Young, Felix, Degrom, Darvish is my usual rotation now
Bullpen is topped by Joe Nathan, Osuna, POTM Rivero....

Fuck. Got up to 881 but ran into a 1014 who absolutely owned me with the POTM Paxton. Only went down to 870 though because the gap was so large.

It states that in the pack description, and I'm pretty sure SDS mentioned it somewhere

Strasburg or Britton? I should probably use these stubs on a player instead of packs lol

Or is there a better pitcher or reliever in the under 50k stubs market

Feller, Blue, Ryan, Sabathia, then either Chris Young, Felix, Degrom, Darvish is my usual rotation now
Bullpen is topped by Joe Nathan, Osuna, POTM Rivero....

Buy more packs. But I wouldn't buy Britton. You got tickets? Felipe Rivero

And you're right. I'm not sure why I'm wasting any time trotting out an all legend lineup if I can't sell my card from a pack.

Guys want a budget Diamond starting pitcher who has the stuff to dominate? He is a thinking mans pitcher like Chris Young, you have think about what your doing, he is not going to over power anyone.

Dave Stieb

Goes for about 20k, has a fantastic Sinker, fantastic slider and an working 4 seam, Curve and Change. I've only had two games with him but he has only given up one run to 99 Griffey.

Finished the Royals team epic and got the 92 Cain. Right now my starting outfield would be the 97 Floyd, the 92 Cain, and the 92 Pollock. Worth still doing the Pirates epic for the 95 McCutchen to put out there instead of Floyd? Would be an upgrade defensively but probably a little worse of a bat. It would let me bring Floyd off the bench in either a platoon role or as a bat when a clutch hit is needed. Also I am sitting on 332,000 stubs right now so I could just buy guys to fill out my roster.

Finished the Royals team epic and got the 92 Cain. Right now my starting outfield would be the 97 Floyd, the 92 Cain, and the 92 Pollock. Worth still doing the Pirates epic for the 95 McCutchen to put out there instead of Floyd? Would be an upgrade defensively but probably a little worse of a bat. It would let me bring Floyd off the bench in either a platoon role or as a bat when a clutch hit is needed. Also I am sitting on 332,000 stubs right now so I could just buy guys to fill out my roster.

McCutchen has a hell of a bat too. He was one of my favorite players against either handedness.

And yeah....332k to play with is nice. I would just use that to rent cards. They still have yet to release a bunch of 99s (A dozen I think they said), and when those come out, you'll have the funds to get them without having to pull pack after pack.

Are there any collections rewards left that you desire? If not, I'd just spend the rest of my time building your stub wealth and getting guys you want. I think that's what will help keep this game fresh. Get tired of one pitcher and move onto another. I'm sure there's going to be a time when I'm bored of Chris Sale and that's when a 99 Verlander will be fun.

I went all out and either fed pitchers or sold most players on teams that I don't care for. Only cards I kept were players I thought may eventually go gold. It's kind of risky because if there's an exchange/feed mission in the future, you're screwed, but usually you can just take care of all the grindy shit first and then buy whatever cards you need to feed/exchange, if you really want the player.

They said there's about a dozen 99s left. These are my wild guesses. I included some LS players because I think previous streams had shown flashbacks of those players, and they might be around so they're more obtainable if you don't have a fountain of stubs:
Verlander
Jim Palmer
Bench
Seaver
Morgan
Schmidt
Scott (lol)
Sabathia
Rollins
Mauer
Lincecum
Donaldson
Kershaw
Trout

Those guys are all in the game and have potential to get a new, higher rated card. I might have left out some but those were most of the award winners who have 99 possibilities (If Chase Utley can be one, so can Rollins)
Out of that list, the players I'd jump on immediately are Mauer, Schmidt, Seaver, Verlander.

McCutchen has a hell of a bat too. He was one of my favorite players against either handedness.

And yeah....332k to play with is nice. I would just use that to rent cards. They still have yet to release a bunch of 99s (A dozen I think they said), and when those come out, you'll have the funds to get them without having to pull pack after pack.

Are there any collections rewards left that you desire? If not, I'd just spend the rest of my time building your stub wealth and getting guys you want. I think that's what will help keep this game fresh. Get tired of one pitcher and move onto another. I'm sure there's going to be a time when I'm bored of Chris Sale and that's when a 99 Verlander will be fun.

I went all out and either fed pitchers or sold most players on teams that I don't care for. Only cards I kept were players I thought may eventually go gold. It's kind of risky because if there's an exchange/feed mission in the future, you're screwed, but usually you can just take care of all the grindy shit first and then buy whatever cards you need to feed/exchange, if you really want the player.

Right now I'm concentrating on working through the Diamond program (I have the hard stuff left though like Battle Royale wins, and the 8 home runs in 8 games part), the Oswalt progran, and the King Felix program. I want the Felix, I was already pretty close to the Oswalt, and I'd love the 99 Griffey but more than that I'm trying to complete programs to finally start making some headway on the Dynasty program.

After selling off Sale a few weeks back and Arrieta last night, I have no diamond pitching at all. Not that it matters much for my current vs. CPU grind, but eventually when I jump back into ranked games since I need wins for the Dynasty program I'll need to find some. I'm sort of tempted by the McCutchen as I think for the time being he would be an upgrade at one of the outfield spots. I need to buy Marte to complete the Pirates though so it would cost me 20k in stubs for that plus whatever I'd need to buy to finish the exchange portion of the Pirates epic. Also tempted to buy Seager to start at SS and move Zobrist over to 2B. I'd feel pretty good about an infield of 98 Miggy, LS Seager, 97 Zobrist and 93 Holliday. Need to buy a catcher too, probably the Ruiz or Carter you suggested unless I get bored and do the Brewers epic for the 92 Lucroy. Ultimately being a huge Tigers fan, I would do whatever I needed to or spend the stubs necessary for a 99 Verlander though.

Chris Sale's current price...

9xMCQEg_d.jpg

Yesssssssssss

I just saw that! What the heck is up with that?

The last few cards in the 130s sold, and I think a lot of people are holding on in anticipation for the update, so not too many are entering the market.

I'm not totally sure if it'll go up or down. I expect these to stay where it is, but there's only 4 in the 160s then it goes to 200s...

Mmmmmm

Yadi has this potential as well. Hopefully I'm the only person who sucks with him so I can get 300k between him and sale

Great, looks like there's a wave of turds undercutting each other :( everyone should put it at 200 minimum!

If you're getting jammed a lot...hmm. Is your TV on game mode? Maybe there is just too much lag for you to react.

So just got Corey Seager. And he's killing it.

Any other LS players that for some reason or another are monsters in this game. I hear a lot of people looking at LS Votto.

LS Votto is another popular one. Never used any Votto though.

Arrieta's price is going down like a sinking ship lol

Problem is I'm waiting to use him on RS, but the damn game never chooses him.

I usually do well with sinker ballers. My thumb motion on analog pitching works really well painting the inside part of the plate, right on right.

Maybe I should sell Arietta, now, buy him later if he's going to keep dropping in the market regardless.

And put Vida Blue back in to take (99) Arrieta's spot.

Had to have my Barry Larkin, at-least try him. Sold Sale for 145k, sold Nolan Arenado, bought Larkin, bought some diamond equipment for my CAP to get his stats to all 99s, and bought Ellsbury to take Bellingers spot in LF.

Lineup

Ellsbury
Larkin
CAP
Dawson
Harper/Werth/Bellinger platoon
Votto
Wright
Zobrist
P

Bench

Brock
Werth
Bellinger
POTM Jose Ramirez
Correa

DGxAi9nXgAAcQGb

i got 91 breakout finley from one of those unsellable legends packs. at first i was sad that i couldn't get the 20k for it, but i'm kind of glad now because i've been hitting a ton with him.

Really hoping Hand and Kahnle go gold tomorrow (or very soon at least) since that's where I've decided to invest my money in the market.
Yeah the update tomorrow should be pretty big.

I hope the new ticket counter players are worth it. I got a feeling they'll be nice cards but nothing amazing all around....which I guess is the purpose of the ticket counter.

Yeah the update tomorrow should be pretty big.

I hope the new ticket counter players are worth it. I got a feeling they'll be nice cards but nothing amazing all around....which I guess is the purpose of the ticket counter.

Probably going to add some Andrus cards too. I'm convinced at least two of the three and possibly all three are going gold tomorrow.

VMart, Floyd, and Zobrist have all been super solid for me from the counter. I wish that they had better pitcher offerings though.

Probably going to add some Andrus cards too. I'm convinced at least two of the three and possibly all three are going gold tomorrow.

VMart, Floyd, and Zobrist have all been super solid for me from the counter. I wish that they had better pitcher offerings though.

Yeah, any pitchers they have will be ok to pretty good, it'll probably be that way for now. Last year in the fall they started releasing amazing players, but by that time, I'd already used all my tickets.

Top Bottom