• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Chuckpebble

I'm extremely LTTP but any GAFers still play this? Particularly players that just starting out?

I play before work most mornings. I just hit G-rank again, but this is my second time around so I hustled and have a ton of quests to go back and check off. NNID is Chuckpebble if you wanna add me.

AmyS

I just got the 3DS version tonight and the Wii U version a few days ago.

So here's a dumb question from someone new to MH and new to WiiU. Can I test out the local multiplayer between WiiU and 3DS using two different NNIDs, one for 3DS, one for WiiU?

If yes, what's the quickest way to try this? My WiiU version is updated with the latest patch.

tuffy

I just got the 3DS version tonight and the Wii U version a few days ago.

So here's a dumb question from someone new to MH and new to WiiU. Can I test out the local multiplayer between WiiU and 3DS using two different NNIDs, one for 3DS, one for WiiU?

If yes, what's the quickest way to try this? My WiiU version is updated with the latest patch.
The Wii U version has to be the host, so go to the ferry on the lower left side of Moga Village and go to the local multiplayer port - I think it's the middle option. Then the 3DS player will also have to take the ferry to that port. As I recall, it's the "friend search" option. You should be able to find the hosted Wii U port and join in. And Monster Hunter doesn't care about NNIDs, so it's okay if they're the same on both.

AmyS

The Wii U version has to be the host, so go to the ferry on the lower left side of Moga Village and go to the local multiplayer port - I think it's the middle option. Then the 3DS player will also have to take the ferry to that port. As I recall, it's the "friend search" option. You should be able to find the hosted Wii U port and join in. And Monster Hunter doesn't care about NNIDs, so it's okay if they're the same on both.

Ah kewl, I think you saved me a lot of time. Will try it out tomorrow, thanks!

Deband

I'm still goin strong on this. Not sure how I'll manage with generations imminent, but if any of you want to add me my id is Deband. I'm gmt though, but you never know, I play at some daft times occasionally.

PKrockin

If you're talking about adding people as friends on the Wii U, not swapping guild cards within MH... hit home, go to friends list, add friend I believe? The person you added should get a friend invite.

So I have I never played aMH game for more than a few minutes. Is this game possible to play through by myself? And does game have an actual ending?

I have the Wii U version.

PtM

Banned
So I have I never played aMH game for more than a few minutes. Is this game possible to play through by myself? And does game have an actual ending?

I have the Wii U version.
Yes.
The quests in the village amount to a story mode, with two endings (the first one is from the Wii version).

Facegravy

Hi, I got a question. picked up the game a few days ago. i got cha-cha. I equipped the acorn mask and the stun ability. And then when i signal him he never seems to stun the monster. Is it random when he uses it? Or is the stun attack not that reliable? Do i need to signal all the time or just once in an area? And how often can he use his abilites?

And also if i would equip the defense boost ability. does cha-cha get the defense boost ability or does my hunter get it?

I'm just wondering because i don't wanna spam the signal button all the time. Sorry for alot of questions, and sorry for bad english

Anyone later on up for helping me tackle the low-rank missions online on Wii U? Finally got my 3DS save transferred and would like to get stuff done in it.

tuffy

Anyone later on up for helping me tackle the low-rank missions online on Wii U? Finally got my 3DS save transferred and would like to get stuff done in it.
Though I'm a bit rusty, I might be able to help depending on what time you had in mind.
Sorry!

By the way, is there a joke to this thread's subtitle?
It's a play on the ferry cat's subtitle:
xyfg9Lf.gif

No worries! I went and opened my own room "HR1" and some folks joined in and helped me finish HR1 and quite a bit of HR2!

I might go back in a few hours if anyone's up for fighting Diablos and Nibelsnarf in HR2 with me?

Sweet! So many accomplishments yesterday! :D

- Fought lots of monsters and quests and got all the way to HR5!
- Finally got the Rathalos Faulds S, completing the set! Allowing me to get a major defense buff and Fire Atk +1.
- Upgraded my Flamestorm+ into Salamanders!
- A Deviljho popped up and dropped a Deviljho Talon, allowing me to make a Powertalon, and I reacquired a Powercharm to stack with.

Feels good man! :D

forrest

formerly nacire
With all of the Monster Hunter World hype around, I decided to jump back into MH3U and start pushing the multiplayer portion of the game. I tend to play solo and I really wanted to get some online xp under my belt before World launches next year.

I've been ranking up, currently 29 and have created the Myxo Demolisher (highest slime blade) and have crafted my first mixed set of GS Armor (Sharpness +1, Fast Charge, Fast Sheath, Earplugs) and I'm on my way to crafting some other weapons to mix things up.

First thing I've noticed is that multiplayer makes things substantially easier. In the past I have been doing Tavern quest solo and the difference in monster strength compared to village was a bit frustrating. Adding 3 others to the mix, makes things much faster.

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying my time jumping back in and pushing the online portion and I can't wait for World to come out!

Top Bottom