• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Noi

What's that music that plays when you're
traveling up in the clouds to fight that boss that looks like she has the same body type as the Amazon from Dragon's Crown?
Probably one of my favorite songs in the game.

& looks like I've done everything I can with Momohime for the time being, at least until I can break white barriers.

You get the sword that breaks white barriers once you clear ending A~

JokerAceX

Note to self, don't attempt Cave of Evil challenges if you're 5 levels below the recommended level.
Forgot how much I hated Tengu until now.

Most of the Cave of Evil challenges are pretty easy just get three swords with useful spammable skills, and carry plenty of whetstones.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You get the sword that breaks white barriers once you clear ending A~
I assume for both characters? I haven't even touched Kisuke's story yet, so maybe that's why.

Should try to attempt to beat his story under 3 hours while I'm at it. Just annoying to be traveling to your next destination only to find out you went the wrong way when you haven't bought a map to reveal the whole area.

Noi

I assume for both characters? I haven't even touched Kisuke's story yet, so maybe that's why.

Should try to attempt to beat his story under 3 hours while I'm at it. Just annoying to be traveling to your next destination only to find out you went the wrong way when you haven't bought a map to reveal the whole area.

Haha, the 3 hour Kisuke playthrough was my very first run in the game, and I even made quick pit stops at hot springs to not miss those events. My final time was cutting it super close at 2:59. I'm sure I could do a better run now that I'm more familiar with the game.

How do you use smoke bombs? They are in my item list, but it seems like I am not able to use them during battle because they look like they are blacked out.

Noi

How do you use smoke bombs? They are in my item list, but it seems like I am not able to use them during battle because they look like they are blacked out.

If you have them on the item shortcut, you need to be standing on the ground to use them, otherwise they're greyed out.

9177462147_bd80578e9b_z.jpg

Edit: Kisuke's creeper eyes make for some amusing screenshots.

Ennoia

Banned
IMGP3114.JPG

IMGP3221.JPG

IMGP3241.JPG

Official Kongiku figure made by Alter, released in May 2013, Momohime released about three years ago. Her lantern could be lighted up.

naib

Damn it. Been trying to fight it but I just caved.

I really liked Odin's Sphere and have a Wii, but never nabbed it.

Sweet parallax.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Official Kongiku figure made by Alter, released in May 2013, Momohime released about three years ago. Her lantern could be lighted up.

Man its too bad that theres that joint mark looking area on her sleeve or it would be an awesome figure.

Noi

It can be done, guys!

9133376447_a7f5e8d810_z.jpg

Surprisingly, not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The hardest boss took 5 tries at the most, and I even did a lot of them in one attempt.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there any way to turn off the map on the play screen?

So many lovely places to snap a screenshot and the map interface interferes with that loveliness.

CrovaxPSO

What's this I hear about amazon pulling the LE due to people receiving crushed boxes? Anybody hear this?

I haven't heard anything about it being pulled, but my LE box was pretty smashed up (nothing damaged, so I didn't return it) and a couple other people got damaged ones as well. Seems like luck of the draw if you get it shipped in a bubble envelope or a box.

Edit: Select to toggle map.

Started it last night, played for a couple of hours and couldn't put it down. No doubt echoing previous comments, but oh man... dat OLED. I used to be wowed by the Wii version, but the Vita is Muramasa's true celestial home. Also, as is the case with most Vita games, if you're not playing this with your earphones in, you're doing it very very wrong.

Not great hearing of damaged CE copies. I knew the box would be flimsy in a similar style as the P4G CE so did fear that my import copy would be crushed into oblivion. Thankfully, VG+ had the fantastic good sense to ship it in a sturdy box and mine survived completely intact.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It can be done, guys!

Surprisingly, not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The hardest boss took 5 tries at the most, and I even did a lot of them in one attempt.

Congrats! Any tips to get the finish the game in 3 hours trophy?

Giolon

What's this I hear about amazon pulling the LE due to people receiving crushed boxes? Anybody hear this?

I don't know about them pulling it, but mine arrived crushed b/c they shipped the damn thing in a padded envelope instead of a box. I contacted CS and asked them to ship me another one in a box. They did overnight, free. :)

Also, Momohime & Kongiku!

Skyzard

Banned
It seems less good than Dragon's Crown, but a lot of people are excited for it, more than I expected anyway. Get both? Although it's not even confirmed for EU, but I'm still curious.

DC is confirmed for EU right? Just no release date yet?

Parakeetman

It seems less good than Dragon's Crown, but a lot of people are excited for it, more than I expected anyway. Get both? Although it's not even confirmed for EU, but I'm still curious.

How can it be less good than a game that hasnt even been released yet?

QaaQer

gaaahhh! Looks like Canadian amazon orders are still in limbo: order cancelled...really wanted this for my vacation which starts tomorrow.

Anyone know what the original translation was here? lol

57NQkUp.jpg

The line in the Wii Release is just "Yoshiwara? That pathetic Monk..." which I guess could replace the first line... that second line is completely left off.

So yeah, completely different tone (unless you already knew the Yoshiwara reference)

Grisby

Finished Momohime's story after 9 hours. Going to do some of the demon caves I skipped.

I actually think I might wait a while on Kisuke's playthrough and then when I finish that I'll try and go after the second endings.

I had a good time with Muramasa. I feel there were too many empty screens and not enough variety in well, everything. The game needed some more enemy types and less reused areas toward the end of the game. While it was neat to get a high combo and fighting guys looked cool there still wasn't a whole lot of depth to the mechanics.

What Muramasa has though is still pretty fun and it's cool to know that when I do play through the game again I've got a whole set of new bosses to fight as Kisuke.

On a final note the music was pretty cool and dem graphics.

It can be done, guys!

I was considering going for this, but I didn't realize what the other two Gold trophies were or what you needed to be doing to get them. Augh. I don't think I could handle that level of frustration!

kick51

Banned
The line in the Wii Release is just "Yoshiwara? That pathetic Monk..." which I guess could replace the first line... that second line is completely left off.

So yeah, completely different tone (unless you already knew the Yoshiwara reference)

Cool. The longer translation seems to make more sense, given how much dialogue there seems to be in these scenes. I've been enjoying it a lot. Of what I saw in the Wii version, that translation is very truncated.

JokerAceX

It can be done, guys!

Which cave of evil where you able to get through without taking damage this one seems to be very hard for me at least :(

Skyzard

Banned
How can it be less good than a game that hasnt even been released yet?

Forgive me, I'm not familiar with either very much, just been watching youtube videos but the action in Dragon's Crown looked more varied to me?

It's heavy on the action though right? The platforming looked just like collecting from what I saw but I haven't seen that much of it yet.

Not trying to annoy any fans of the game on purpose, I'm speaking from having simply watched a few clips- although that is basically how I make most of my gaming purchase decisions, but I might not have watched the best footage.

Just popping out now, will watch some more of it.

See, this is a bit worrying:
Finished Momohime's story after 9 hours. Going to do some of the demon caves I skipped.

I actually think I might wait a while on Kisuke's playthrough and then when I finish that I'll try and go after the second endings.

I had a good time with Muramasa. I feel there were too many empty screens and not enough variety in well, everything. The game needed some more enemy types and less reused areas toward the end of the game. While it was neat to get a high combo and fighting guys looked cool there still wasn't a whole lot of depth to the mechanics.

What Muramasa has though is still pretty fun and it's cool to know that when I do play through the game again I've got a whole set of new bosses to fight as Kisuke.

On a final note the music was pretty cool and dem graphics.

But if there are some gem moments in the game etc, it might be worth putting up with. And I like to take breaks from games so I won't be playing from start to finish without playing other games.

so I just saw this
Muramasa Rebirth – Hailed as “hands-down PlayStation Vita’s prettiest game” by IGN, you’ll be able to play this amazing game in our booth’s playables section, then head right over and purchase the awesome limited Collector’s Edition! Did we mention we’re giving out an exclusive Muramasa Rebirth gift with every purchase (while supplies last)?

on aksys page and I just literally got the LE today...

Volcynika

As far as I know, DC has not been announced for EU. Maybe I missed news of it.

Noi

The hardest part of Fury mode was having to sit through the credits 6 more times.
KuGsj.gif

Congrats! Any tips to get the finish the game in 3 hours trophy?

Skip everything, essentially. I did the 3 hour run as my first playthrough with Kisuke, and I only barely made it in under a minute while mashing away at all the text, never dying to a boss and forgoing all exploration to just head straight from boss fight to boss fight, with the only "side" thing I'd do being stopping by hot springs in between chapters to get the hot spring events. I got enough experience from fighting out every random encounter along the way to places to beat the game. Also did it in Legend mode, of course.

A general tip though, is to not hoard up bronze mirrors. You can shave a few minutes by fighting an area boss, then using a mirror to warp back to the main area's shrine instead of walking back to it, which won't have any enemies to fight anyway.

I was considering going for this, but I didn't realize what the other two Gold trophies were or what you needed to be doing to get them. Augh. I don't think I could handle that level of frustration!

To be honest, if you know what you're doing, you can literally turn yourself into an invulnerable ball of death for the course of whole boss fights. Fighting with only 1 health also added a nice dynamic that I felt was missing during my normal run, that being the incentive to not get hit.

Also, a general pro-tip for both Fury AND normal runs: You can't get killed during a dash attack. I actually tested it out multiple times in Fury, and I dashed towards enemies that were attacking, got hit, saw my health drop to 0 but then go back to 1 when I flipped out of the dash attack and started falling. It counts as getting hit for "no hit" stuff purposes, but otherwise it's a pretty cheap exploit!

Which cave of evil where you able to get through without taking damage this one seems to be very hard for me at least :(

The God of Pestilence cave in Owari is by far the easiest. Boss has a never-changing pattern, easy to dodge attacks and is relatively weak compared to everything else in the game.

JokerAceX

KuGsj.gif

The God of Pestilence cave in Owari is by far the easiest. Boss has a never-changing pattern, easy to dodge attacks and is relatively weak compared to everything else in the game.

Thanks for the response but i was able to get the trophy from the cave of evil in hida found it easier to beat the ice maiden ghosts spamming tempest

Noi

Thanks for the response but i was able to get the trophy from the cave of evil in hida found it easier to beat the ice maiden ghosts spamming tempest

Oh yeah, that's another easy one. They're pretty non-threatening unless you let too many of them alive at once to start pelting ice bolts.

Parakeetman

Hey Noi question. Generally what lv can you be to beat the game quickly. Not sure if it matters or anything but am using momohime currently lv 45.

Top Bottom