• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 trailer

intbal

Looks like it was made by an AI that was programmed to write and direct a movie "in the style of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy movies".

Wait...the last one? No more Guardians? Will they no longer appear in the MCU? I know Warlock has a bigger role to play but the rest dont?

Last edited:

Spyxos

Loved the first one. It took me a while to like the second one. The third one looks kind of uninspired. And Starlord doesn't look like he's still up for the whole thing.

Spyxos

Wait...the last one? No more Guardians? Will they no longer appear in the MCU? I know Warlock has a bigger role to play but the rest dont?
As I understand it, Guardians are always different people in the comics. And that's probably going to happen in the movies now, too.

Dr.D00p

The slow, and long overdue, death of the MCU progressing nicely...if the last Thor movie didn't convince people that we are now way past peak MCU, being the self indulgent trash that it was, I don't know what will.

Sybrix

Looks good, but then GOTG2 tralier looked good so.....

The problem with all Marvel films post Endgame is they seem to try hard on the comedy, Thor Love & Thunder was almost unwatchable, every 5 mins it had some goofy comic scene which ruined the film for me.

Comedic naratives in Marvel films have always been in, however in the last few years they feel forced in and it comes across as stupid and wacky.

Hopefully GOTG3 doesnt have many of these but not holding my breath.

Last edited:

jaysius

I LOVED GOTG1 it's still one of my favs of all time. The sequel was just awful, nothing happened, every scene felt forced, it was like a boring TV show that just kept going.

After playing the game though, I realize that James Gunn's treatment is fucking shit, the characters have so much more depth and are just better in the game, you could argue that it's because the game was 40 hours long, but Gunn has reduced all the characters to caricatures.

Marvel has been pure trash since the Avengers 1, when they fully realized the "we're going to edge you in every movie to watch the next movie and never give you and good endings every again". Every Marvel movie has become a terrible layover just for them to get you to the next one.

My thoughts are GoTG1 took a fucking long time to make and perfect, Disney's shitty grind cycle of WE NEED CONTENT CONSTANTLY is impossible to do with any level of creativity, which is why the Marvel movies are all so similar even in action sequences, the scripts are AI generated, or the hacks are so terrible that they don't understand how to make something interesting.

Marvel movies are running on pure hype, and legacy of how they were pretty good before Avengers 1.

Artoris

I understand that most films are shit these days

but why the trailer has to look shit is beyond me, surely they could make it look good just to get us to watch it

OZ9000

I'm sure it will a fantastic watch just like Thor The Dark World, Thor Love and Thunder, and Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness. I can wait.

Looks pretty fun to me, fingers crossed it is good. I haven’t really liked anything marvel since Wanda vision. Dr strange was ok, and so was Shang chi and the Eternals but I sure wouldn’t call them great at all.

Hope they get better

Kilau

Looks good, but then GOTG2 tralier looked good so.....

The problem with all Marvel films post Endgame is they seem to try hard on the comedy, Thor Love & Thunder was almost unwatchable, every 5 mins it had some goofy comic scene which ruined the film for me.

Comedic naratives in Marvel films have always been in, however in the last few years they feel forced in and it comes across as stupid and wacky.

Hopefully GOTG3 doesnt have many of these but not holding my breath.

They have to go heavy on the comedy because you cannot take this stupid shit seriously for even a second.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably the Last Disney MCU film I'll add to my collection.
Spidy is still okay 👍

Last edited:
The first movie was basically Star Wars done right. The second movie was okay but not as good as the first.

I'm really burnt out on the MCU but Guardians of the Galaxy one of my favorite IPs from that so I'd love to see it.

Top Bottom