• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Piecake

Drop the original once it gets too the GI arc. Start watching the new series then. Might be a bit weird with the change in style and tone, but the original changes in style and tone in that arc as well, from awesome to crap

wonzo

Banned
Episode 54
hxhr54.jpg
hxhr54a.jpg

This episode was awesome. They handled everything from the reunion to
Hisoka's bastardry
and the predictions perfectly. The scene with
the text message
was simply sublime in its execution and even surpassed one of my all-time favourite moments in the original adaptation. Even the animation stood out as the most mundane things like the talking heads, eating food, and even handing pieces of paper to each other were animated incredibly lively throughout the entire episode. Great stuff.

upandaway

Episode 54

This episode was awesome. They handled everything from the reunion to
Hisoka's bastardry
and the predictions perfectly. The scene with
the text message
was simply sublime in its execution and even surpassed one of my all-time favourite moments in the original adaptation. Even the animation stood out as the most mundane things like the talking heads, eating food, and even handing pieces of paper to each other were animated incredibly lively throughout the entire episode. Great stuff.
It was really awesome. Really feels like they got it locked and it'll stay in this quality the whole way.

I'm a bit worried about next week's explanation (
there are important things that are easy to miss/gloss over, like the fact Machi is the only one who knows about Hisoka's texture, and she thinks he uses it to protect himself and treat injuries
). I really hope they pull it off well, I love that scene.

Uchip

Banned
You could probably look at the episode lists and at least see which moments you want to experience again in the newer updated animation and music. Eventually you'd have to watch this one since it seems set at passing whereever the original series stopped. Of the numerous moments Ive seen of the old one after watching it in the new version, I like the new one more.

If you don't know this guy yet, don't listen to him
the old series does most of it better in the early episodes
tone, music, character designs are all better, and only recently the new one has been up to par

smurfx

get some go again
Hisoka's original voice was perfect, and i seriously do mean perfect. He sounded like a deranged, ominous perv. This guy just sounds like a Japanese dude with a mariachi band

I havent had an issue with the rest of the music, just Hisoka's so far, though it really hasnt set the tone and atmosphere of the original
i agree 100%. hisoka's original voice was perfect.

Episode 54
tumblr_mcy8dwIgLC1qa3bqpo1_500.gif

Well the whole first part of the episode was so awesome. Kurapika just smiling all huge and stuff after being all depressed at the hilarious antics of Killua/Gon. I had to rewatch that part as it was just so good seeing them all happy like throwing pies, too bad Gon never got one in. Should have made it longer. They do them so well animated. And for Gon and Killua the Hunterpedia was hilarious.

The rest of the episode wasnt as lighthearted funny, though because of it it made the ending revelations all that more powerful.
Ultimately this wasnt what I had expected the reveal of the spiders still being there would be like. I thought Hisoka would have cut contact and the main crew under the belief that the leader is gone for good. Didnt think he would leak it out immediately. Like what even happened there, fortunes change when exchanged to other peoples hands? It didnt happen with the others, or at least in any noticeable way I think (though Chrollo never read his own or even Nobunaga, so maybe they do in fact change, he just wouldnt know? Hisoka should have kept it to his own but then that would be odd in the context of the troupe. Regardless, I hope he wont be outed.

Rather scared for the possibility of whom will die. I dont want Shalnark to die, he was my second favorite Troupe member (Feitan for favorite) whom, Feitan seemed to be spared or not mentioned in the fortunes revealed. So thats a bit of relief. But Shalnark, gah, hope he actually returns to Meteor City or what not.

Cwarrior

Hunter x Hunter R ep49

mmmph.gif

Dat tailing scene it's as tense & amazing as I remember it, what makes it even more beautiful is when the event takes place
(before kon & killua know who the chain user is, so there legitimately clueless )
when the series of intense mind game questions follow.

Both 99 and 2011 interpretation of the scene were incredible but I like 99verison better.

99 scene

Piecake

Just finished watching the episode that had my favorite scene back in the original anime (When Gon steals Hisoka's plate), and while it was not as good as the original (the original is absolute perfection), it was very good. Im warming up to Hisoka's new voice. While its not as good as the original, its still very good. I am definitely hoping that they get rid of Hisoka's mariachi music soon though. that does not fit at all

Radec

Episode 54
tumblr_mcy8dwIgLC1qa3bqpo1_500.gif

Well the whole first part of the episode was so awesome. Kurapika just smiling all huge and stuff after being all depressed at the hilarious antics of Killua/Gon. I had to rewatch that part as it was just so good seeing them all happy like throwing pies, too bad Gon never got one in. Should have made it longer. They do them so well animated. And for Gon and Killua the Hunterpedia was hilarious.

The rest of the episode wasnt as lighthearted funny, though because of it it made the ending revelations all that more powerful.
Ultimately this wasnt what I had expected the reveal of the spiders still being there would be like. I thought Hisoka would have cut contact and the main crew under the belief that the leader is gone for good. Didnt think he would leak it out immediately. Like what even happened there, fortunes change when exchanged to other peoples hands? It didnt happen with the others, or at least in any noticeable way I think (though Chrollo never read his own or even Nobunaga, so maybe they do in fact change, he just wouldnt know? Hisoka should have kept it to his own but then that would be odd in the context of the troupe. Regardless, I hope he wont be outed.

Rather scared for the possibility of whom will die. I dont want Shalnark to die, he was my second favorite Troupe member (Feitan for favorite) whom, Feitan seemed to be spared or not mentioned in the fortunes revealed. So thats a bit of relief. But Shalnark, gah, hope he actually returns to Meteor City or what not.

Hisoka changed whats written in his paper. 2011 HXH didnt showed it though.

upandaway

Hisoka changed whats written in his paper.
2011 HXH didnt showed it though.
It wasn't shown during that scene in any form of HxH, they explain everything afterwards (the manga chapter ended in the same spot as the episode, I think). So I guess that could be considered spoiler somehow if DTL wants it clean.

Kazerei

Banned
Recently the new anime has been very thorough about explaining what happened, so I think the details will be revealed in the next episode.

upandaway

Here at 14:41 mark
I remembered that, but didn't consider it as showing what exactly transpired, just that it "changed" (like the announcer says in the new anime).. but I get what you're saying. Manga:
(the explanation that follows is more thorough than in the video because of the square-bubble togashi bubbles, the new anime will hopefully adapt those)

(by the way, that made me remember how good the old anime was, with Hisoka's voice and the joker card and all)

Piecake

the quality of the anime has definitely improved in the Yorkshin arc, and Uvogin is just as awesome as I remember. Hopefully they can keep this up.

Radec

They did showed it in the next episode huh. :D

Man.. Kuroro vs Hisoka needs to happen.

Damn you Kurapika.

Silh

Episode 56

dat Kurapika crossdress tho

Liking the new tracks I've been hearing these past couple of episodes. OST 3 will be great.

ep 56
tumblr_mdoofuDKqd1r8g55fo1_250.png
tumblr_mdoofuDKqd1r8g55fo2_250.png

They had really nice outfits, well Killuas, could do with smaller megane for Kurapika but otherwise sold. Really suspenseful episode.

Chrolle is so smart to figure out and finally connect all the dots like that. Though fortunately Shalnark and Feitan got to stay at base but I had to question why he left the base, some of them are definitely probably in line to now die definitely :( Did get mad at Kurapika though, rushing recklessly putting Killua and Gon in harms way, good thing Machi doesnt think they are that dangerous, gah.

I really liked how they had the lightning and then the power out and it got all dark while Chrollo was talking really made the scene stick out well.

bigkrev

Episode 56

The build up is almost at the breaking point. I'm interested to see how the final battle is going to play out,
considering that its been established that Gon and Killua have no chance against any of the troupe members, and Kurupika seems like he can only fight them 1 on 1

Kazerei

Banned
Just got caught up. The OVA kind of stretched out this part of the story, so I'm glad the new anime seems to be moving at a faster pace.
I just wish there was more action :p

Hunter x Hunter 58
tumblr_merf2e9pMS1rgfxjbo1_500.jpg

Well that was a fantastic arc and one that is definitely up there for one of the better arcs in the genre. So many shocking unexpected moments and so many things I predicted that never ceased to exist. So glad at the conclusion
no death of Shalnark or even Feitan. Was crying over Pakunoda though and Chrollo's lost nen abilities, but at least Phantom Troupe still hanging on. I wonder if this means they will stick around, or maybe a future plot point will be they help the main protagonists. That would be good. I loved how this arc went from one of revenge to now an underlying theme of friendship and trust for both sides, Pakunoda following orders cause she trust and wanted to protect all of her partners, Gon and Killua trusting Kurapika, and Kurapika putting his friends safety and such first above his revenge (though he was the cause of the whole situation anyway). I wonder if there were more fights what would have happened and who would prevail. Gon and Killua though do need to train some more since they were bested by a few members.

They were awesome in suits, reminds me of when in Reborn the Vongola had to wear theirs for choice, shonen characters must at least wear suits at least some time in their anime, should be a requirement.

Excited for the new theme next week and the website updated with a new visual for Greed Island I guess.

upandaway

Yesssss greed island now. Gonna be amazing.
Hell yes. With how it's been lately, Greed Island should be a lot better than in the OVAs.

I'm really bummed out they tamed Hisoka's "fight" with Chrollo, though. What was that all about. There's no way they'll show that
Hisoka lake scene
now :(

The Boat

Hmm I have to be honest... I don't remember if I watched the OVAs in the original series. Will wait it out to see if it's worth it to watch them or go for this new series.

bigkrev

They need to change the OP song. Its been 60 episodes, i'm sick of it already!

Knowing nothing of what is to come, based on the new animation in the OP, this arc is going to have a very different tone from the last one. Can't wait to see how it gets handled!

bigkrev

HxH 60

tumblr_mfhro0AdLA1qeyd42o1_500.png

Looks like we are getting right into it starting next episode. I'm really curious to learn more about the young girl in the dress- she has been all over the OP, so i'm pretty sure she will be playing a major role. As the first female character of note in the series so far, i'm excited to see how they treat her.

Also, Ging is a total dick to leave a message like that XD

HxH 60

tumblr_mfhro0AdLA1qeyd42o1_500.png

Looks like we are getting right into it starting next episode. I'm really curious to learn more about the young girl in the dress- she has been all over the OP, so i'm pretty sure she will be playing a major role. As the first female character of note in the series so far, i'm excited to see how they treat her.

Also, Ging is a total dick to leave a message like that XD

Her name is Biscuit, she's pretty fucking awesome.

tumblr_mg79d34pJQ1rxfdc5o1_500.png
tumblr_mg6vuoUPJ81qzk4cro1_500.png

Greed Island seems fun in concept
no rule against player killing in towns?
, loved the action and
dark serious mode killua
there.

Probably is like their best friendship moment of the arcs that had them since 50+ weeks ago, I think. Really touching how they have he same thoughts though if Killua would tell Gon.

bigkrev

Episode 62 and 63

Well, I wasn't expecting Biscuit to be what she is. Love that Gon and Killua were going "Osu" like dorks again with her. Earlier in this arc, I was afraid that the super dense rules of the world were going to effect my enjoyment, and that the week long breaks meant my rule retention was going to be nil. Hopefully, this training arc does a good job drilling rules into our heads!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been skimming through this series after ignoring to watch it and man, it's REALLY good. I loved the original one, but this new one does Hunter x Hunter justice, IMO. Love the music and animation, especially when it comes to the fight scenes. I'm also happy they haven't been holding back in terms of the 'gore' especially in the York Shin arc. Best arc ever.

I finally snapped and ended up reading every single volume that's been released.
People getting fucked to exhaustion, vibrators and lube, people talking about fapping etc
... Shūeisha is pretty tolerant I guess.

I finally snapped and ended up reading every single volume that's been released.
People getting fucked to exhaustion, vibrators and lube, people talking about fapping etc
... Shūeisha is pretty tolerant I guess.

What are you talking about...? None of that is in HxH...

bigkrev

HxH 65

"You can check my binder out any time Killua" made me laugh harder than it should have

Hunter exam seems really below Killua's skill level at this point, he would have passed last time if his brother didn't coerce him into killing that guy, and he now knows about Nen.

Piecake

HxH 65

"You can check my binder out any time Killua" made me laugh harder than it should have

Hunter exam seems really below Killua's skill level at this point, he would have passed last time if his brother didn't coerce him into killing that guy, and he now knows about Nen.

Binders full of women

tumblr_mhmto6chnM1qlp4x9o2_500.gif
tumblr_mhmr55VedL1rgwn8ho1_500.jpg

Nen is getting more and more awesome especially how it can be combined for upclose and then these long range skills combined with elements. Electric eel Killua ftw and whatever Gons skill will evolve into in a few days. Plot
was sad that Killua left the island. I thought he'd get less screentime but they still gave him lots and by the preview guess even more time at the exam. I thought he didnt want to become a hunter and would just rely on Gon so that was surprising. Even more the Phantom Troupe just vanishing easily, thought they'd put up more of a fight there. Hoping the guy with the creature can avenge the others that died from the bomber squad

Great hunterpedia as usual, really like the song there, feels like an rpg.

Top Bottom