• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Banned
It sounds to me like a third party betrayalton. Sony getting an exclusive new trilogy from Epic or something. Or Half-Life 3 exclusive to PS3 (unlikely).

Dunno. Has to be something really huge to warrant this level of hype. If it's some internal SCE game how would that be shocking at all?

farco1212

Neo Member
When is Sony going to learn to stop giving gamers such a wide variety of quality exclusive content for their console? Can't they see that Microsoft doesn't offer anything in the exclusive department, yet they manage to have a more profitable gaming division.

No publishers is going to be doing any major platform exclusives. So it´s an independent 3rd party or 1st party house. 1st party game is hardly shocking news..

The way he is teasing it and CliffyB claiming that a new IP will be announced at the show it´s pretty obvious.
And the lambent growths in Gears 3 sure are fungus like.

Hmmm.jpg

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Oh boy :)
Bungie then ?

I hope its an epic or santa monica game...

Bungie is published by Activision, so they'll be multiplat. Epic are buddy buddy with Microsoft, so they'd be more likely to create an exclusive for 360.

It's a port of Wii Music for Move.

@0.54 you see master chief, I kid you not..
That was definitely the Chief. WTF? They had to have just put him in there as an additional "fuck with our heads" Easter egg, and it might not even be related to this news, at all. Has that transition(with Master Chief in the reflection) ever been used, before?

Combichristoffersen

lol. I seriously hope it's not anything to do with Move.

At most it'll be a game with Move support. There's no way neither Sony nor Geoff would be hyping some Move-only game this much :p Although I am kind of tempted to pick up a Move and some fitness game

It'll be Resistance 4: Your Resistance only makes my penis harder

Alright so the clues are:

-trees/leaves
-ants
= nature, peace, environment, etc..

-riots/quarantine zones
= humans are bad, destructive force, etc..

-American narrator
= american setting, characters, developer..

post..scratch that, mid-apocalyptic world where a plague made by humans has broken out?

Fallout 4 exclusive to PS3.
I have no fucking clue

milesdm

v3WZT.jpg

Yeah, that does look like Master Chief (54 secs). I'm wondering if it's teasing Bungie's involvement rather than Halo4PS3.

Edit:

Yeah that is definitely Master Chief. So maybe Bungie's next game is PS3 exclusive....wonder what kind of game it is though.

It's probably the Sony Smash bros. I don't trust geoff. Why would he tell us immediatly his big reveal. He'll bluff it till saturday.

he would just not mention it, not outright deny it.

That was definitely the Chief. WTF? They had to have just put him in there as an additional "fuck with our heads" Easter egg, and it might not even be related to this news, at all. Has that transition(with Master Chief in the reflection) ever been used, before?

which video are you guys talking about? I'm getting hyped now, at least I'd love to know what developer it is, Dunno if I'd be excited about Halo though.

edit: nvm, got it.

sublimit

Banned
No publishers is going to be doing any major platform exclusives. So it´s an independent 3rd party or 1st party house. 1st party game is hardly shocking news..

The way he is teasing it and CliffyB claiming that a new IP will be announced at the show it´s pretty obvious.

Yeah i think this it and it makes sense.Anything else would be a big surprise since it's not Sony's style to moneyhat publishers for exclusives and as you say 1st party wouldn't really justify all this "surprising announcement" hype.

Yes, in Epic's and Bioware's announcements, maybe one of the reveals will be Halo 4 related.

But please, people, don't fall for Geoff's hyping again, he's playing you like a violin.

GeoramA

Master Chief is just part of the VGA logo.

This is definitely the most hype I've ever seen for an unnannounced game, though. Could be anything...

Halo 4 isn't being made by Bungie is it? It's probably teasing that it's a Bungie game, not Halo related....

Master Chief is just part of the VGA logo.

This is definitely the most hype I've ever seen for an unnannounced game, though. Could be anything...
could be that too lol.

Combichristoffersen

Why do i see a Halo screen a few posts above? is that from this game? im gonna die

It's a screencap from the latest hype video by Geoff. I reaaaallllyyy doubt Bungie would make an exclusive game for PS3.
I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be a Bungie game, I don't really care for any of their games

Trevelyan

Banned
I'm still calling on Santa Monica's new game. They were hiring for someone with open-world game knowledge a while back. An open world-city game based on trying to survive the government and a viral breakout?

I'm still calling on Santa Monica's new game. They were hiring for someone with open-world game knowledge a while back. An open world-city game based on trying to survive the government and a viral breakout?
I agree with that premise of the game, teasers go with it. Just would be weird seeing SSM make an open world game. By weird I mean amazing.

v3WZT.jpg

Yeah, that does look like Master Chief (54 secs).

And he is talking to Tinker Bell. It's got to be an RPG where you play the role of Master Chief from Halo and your sidekick companions from the world of Peter Pan go to battle against the evil ant people.

Don

Don't believe Keighley's lies.

I'm sure whatever it is will be cool looking as he really does seem genuinely excited about it, but I can't imagine this being some "betrayalton" or third party exclusive like a lot of people seem to be expecting now. I'm still thinking that it will be a first party new IP.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Don't believe Keighley's lies.

I'm sure whatever it is will be cool looking as he really does seem genuinely excited about it, but I can't imagine this being some "betrayalton" or third party exclusive like a lot of people seem to be expecting now. I'm still thinking that it will be a first party new IP.

Same.

Combichristoffersen

I was
half
joking, don't trip over yourself to pick a copy up.

Unless you love Ghost in the Shell "homages!"

I vaguely remember playing Marathon 2 for Windows years ago, wondering what all the hype was about since there were far better FPS games available for Windows at the time. I guess the only reason those games were hyped to high Heaven was due to Mac gamers having more or less nothing else to play at the time :p

That Keighley trailer was hyping like Jesus himself is developing this game.

I swear to science this better be INSANE, Keighley. INSANE.

I vaguely remember playing Marathon 2 for Windows years ago, wondering what all the hype was about since there were far better FPS games available for Windows at the time. I guess the only reason those games were hyped to high Heaven was due to Mac gamers having more or less nothing else to play at the time :p

Agreed - but to be fair, it's the cool cryptic story that makes Marathon interesting, not the shootin'.

Irish

I swear to science this better be INANE, Keighley.

Don't you worry. It will be inane for sure. ;D

Still, everyone (except me and a few others) will be disappointed no matter what is announced. People just love to be disappointed and hate everything.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
:| ...

wtf are some of you smoking ?
Must be dat Jeffery mayn...pass that shit. Don't let Keighley hit another one though; he good for the night cause I see him gigglin' his ass off uncontrollably while humping that fur wall.

The fact that they put it on times square, make promos for it on GameTrailers, makes me believe it is BIG.

The "people will be shocked when they realize what's been going on behind the scenes" is VERY interesting.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom