• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear

Most likely bet at this point is a joint effort between SSM and ND.

SSM and specifically the ICE team doing the heavy lifting on the tech, while ND lend their skills and tech at mocap and character-based cinematics.

Shock part is its been an ongoing project for a long, long, time.

Hanmik

I enhanced it even more...

tJ7fc.jpg

Pranay

“This is NOT a “zombie game”. The game is about a new form of “brain disorder” so to speak. Somehow the cordyceps fungus has invaded the human kingdom. Its likely invaded a number of human necessities {water, plant life, food, air, etc}. Now, of course everyone’s seen the “ant teaser” on the Last of Us website right? You’ve seen what the fungus did to it right? Well, the human “infection” doesn’t necessarily make your skin fall off and rot your teeth and what have you {“zombie style”}.

“This brings me to the other trailer on the Last of Us website. The one which shows the wanton violence. The human infection somehow makes humanity less humane. The infection deteriorates certain aspects of the brain making “them” overbearingly violent animals. This isn’t just some random wild spree which dissipates later on. THIS is non-stop physical assaults, murder, brutality, etc. on a worldwide global scale. That’s why the game has been labeled as “shocking” because you have to hurt and harm “regular looking” everyday average joes just to survive (maybe even children).”
“We are the only few decent ones left. This “unseen war” twixt humanity and utmost vileness. Its up to the “Last of Us” to defeat “them” .

The source who shared the above details didn’t say where he/she got the information from so this should be taken with a grain of salt for now. Still, what do you think? Does it sound believable?

http://thesilentchief.com/2011/12/08/rumor-the-last-of-us-is-not-a-zombie-game/#

Even though idont think the source is true or not but makes a lot of sense.

Globox_82

Banned
http://thesilentchief.com/2011/12/08/rumor-the-last-of-us-is-not-a-zombie-game/#

Even though idont think the source is true or not but makes a lot of sense.

Sounds like BS, especially if you listen to that latest updated teaser. That sounds can not be of a regular human, on top of that you can hear creatures foot steps, being heavy steps that make sound that isn't a sound of a human, moving easily and I am guessing by the sound that is has more then two legs.
Just go listen to it again

Pranay

Sounds like BS, especially if you listen to that latest updated teaser. That sounds can not be of a regular human, on top of that you can hear creatures foot steps, being heavy steps that make sound that isn't a sound of a human, moving easily and I am guessing by the sound that is has more then two legs.
Just go listen to it again

Oh , i havnt will check it out.

Hanmik

eoILX.jpg
z7YtF.png

scary stuff.. scary stuff...

The cheif editor at gamereactor.dk hints to the fact that he knows what company is behind the game.. but he isn´t talking..

but if an editor for some danish website knows it, then why would no one in here know it for sure..?

Globox_82

Banned
eoILX.jpg
z7YtF.png

scary stuff.. scary stuff...

The cheif editor at gamereactor.dk hints to the fact that he knows what company is behind the game.. but he isn´t talking..

but if an editor for some danish website knows it, then why would no one in here know it for sure..?

Maybe he knows it, maybe he doesn't but wants to seem "cool". usually sony stuff leaks when people do know.
Gamesblow also "knew" a lot of things, but he was under embargo, sometimes he spewed shit to get attention.

Kyoufu

I've had enough regular ones in the past 5 years to fill that "big budget" void. I'll chill out and see what becomes of this. Not hating on it, just not thrilled.

The reason I'm thrilled (as much as I can be at this point) is because I've ignored the wave of cheap zombie games this gen, and let's be honest, most of the zombie offerings this gen have been pretty passable. Don't think any of them (except maybe RE5) have been serious toned mature titles, so my hopes are high for this.

Itagaki made Ninja Gaiden, his deep fighting system @ 60 fps shits on all third person action slashers including God of War, Devil May Cry, Castlevania... I expect great things from Devil's Third.

I don't consider a good combat system to be the be all and end all of an action game, it's important, sure, but so are the story, presentation and art, these things are what Ninja Gaiden has always failed miserably at compared to other 3rd person action games. He is far from an amazing developer. Those other games may not have the depth of Ninja Gaiden's combat, but their combat systems are also very good, and the art and stories (for the most part) shit on Ninja Gaiden's, so to me they are overall better games.

cornerman

File me under a 1st party developer. Nearly every 1st party studio has an opportunity to make a new franchise save SSM. We've heard tell of their next game having some type of military component...this could fit that as i doubt they're trying to make a modern-day shooter. The quality of the visuals should limit alot of these guesses as well. There aren't too many devs that make strong visuals and aren't first party. All the clues point to an inside job (visuals, exclusive, SCEA). Factor out teams who released games this year, or have one coming out next year that we've already heard of...and it leaves SSM.

Ok now for a bit of daydreaming...it'd be pretty interesting (at least to me) to see humans take on exaggerated symptoms of cordceps. Imagine walking into a forest except the foliage are the corpses of dead infected humans...bodies suspended on plantlike stalks reaching towards heaven...human limbs, like leaves, fall from the "trees" and litter the forest floor. Beautiful sunny day, yet horrific.

yurinka

Whats the possibility of Sony/SSM asking a 3rd party developer to use their IP?

SSM already produced a lot of small games developed by third party studios. Check PSN, it's full of them. The ones from ThatGameCompany are some of them (Flow, Flower, Journey)

delta25

Banned
Please do explain how.

There is no plausible scenario in which the magic of exclusivity would cause a game to sell more on one console than it would have sold on two consoles, especially when the console being left out accounts for more than 50% of multiplatform sales in almost every instance.

Or do you think that by using The Power of the PS3, an exclusive could be created that would be so mind-blowing that it would sell over twice as well than it would have if it was limited by the constraints of multiplatform development?

The consoles aren't that different in terms of potential, sorry.

Wow, I'm not even going to explain myself when you make some half ass comment like "the power of the PS3" comment as if you're trying to imply that my comment has some fanboy undertone to it.

Dunk#7

Please do explain how.

There is no plausible scenario in which the magic of exclusivity would cause a game to sell more on one console than it would have sold on two consoles, especially when the console being left out accounts for more than 50% of multiplatform sales in almost every instance.

Or do you think that by using The Power of the PS3, an exclusive could be created that would be so mind-blowing that it would sell over twice as well than it would have if it was limited by the constraints of multiplatform development?

The consoles aren't that different in terms of potential, sorry.

You also have to take into account that multi-platform development has increased cost over developing for a single system.

Sales do not have to double for an exclusive game to be more profitable than its multi-platform counterpart

delta25

Banned
You also have to take into account that multi-platform development has increased cost over developing for a single system.

Sales do not have to double for an exclusive game to be more profitable than its multi-platform counterpart

That my friend is called hitting the nail on the head.

Boss Man

Dead? Infected? We're set for some originality: a zombie game...
Thank you Junior Member. Now that you mention it, this might be a zombie game. We ought to acknowledge and discuss this possibility in this very thread. In particular, we might consider whether or not there have been many maturely-toned, big-budget games with zombies in them. Next, we might even discuss whether or not zombies will be in this game at all. Finally, we should talk about ants.

Thank you for opening this interesting new topic with your wonderful insight.

sublimit

Banned
Why some people say they are tired of the zombie genre?This is like saying "i'm tired of medieval fantasy" or "i'm tired of science fiction."
The genre it self is not the problem.It's the cliche approaches to those genres that become tiring.Zombies or not if the game has refreshing gameplay concepts and ideas then that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom