• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Well done TTP. Sneaky from ND. Love how secret and yet huge this game appears to be.

Also love the paper being a clear reference to The Guardian. It's got the exact same layout but swapped Guardian with Overseer.

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/12/possible-reference-to-last-of-us-found.html

Deadly+Uncharted+Fungus.png

WATCH THE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfF9y_Z6Zvg
Mindblown.jpg

I can't believe this game is such a big deal for Sony.

Shit just got real.

Maybe this a big internal project of SCEA studios. Or at least some level of collaboration. Either way, pretty cool easter egg and nice find!

Something more like the book version of I Am Legend or something where the zombies are actually brain fungus controlled humans doing high functioning stuff like driving vehicles or something might be interesting.

If it's just more "zombiez r kewl, walkin dead's making mint lolz" cash chasing, I'm out.

I get the impression it's the former. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually have to fight the US government/soldiers, hence the unbelievable! shocking! part. The thing about having a clear conscience makes me think it's this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wow! Really cool for you to find that. But it's a really strange easter egg to have on Uncharted 3. If it is indeed an easter egg hinting at this game, it could pass completely unnoticed if it were not for you.

Hmmmm Or did you have any tip? ;)

Sure. Devs called me on the phone and asked to go check that newspaper :D

Seriously, thank the aim patch for this. Have been holding on my Crushing run since now and... boom, look at that! :D

I'm sure many have read that headline previously but couldn't make the connection cos The Last Of Us was still undercover.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit at that newspaper. This game must be pretty huge if it's teased in Uncharted 3 and it's almost definitely from a first party studio then.

Patapwn

Well, I guess the most batshit possibility is that ND is working on this. They certainly fit the bill for 'amazing developer' and Amy Hennig writing this would be something I need into my veins.

KingK

Holy Shit, I love GAF Detectives. Great find.

edit: Isn't Naughty Dog's studio literally right across the street from Sony Santa Monica?

Carl

Well, I guess the most batshit possibility is that ND is working on this. They certainly fit the bill for 'amazing developer' and Amy Hennig writing this would be something I need into my veins.

That would be just

0112_a55e.gif

EDIT: Okay that wasn't the gif i wanted but i'll just leave it there.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

While I'm not willing to believe this yet ND being split up into two teams may explain some of the bugs and how much of a crunch there was to finish Uncharted 3 on time. I'm still thinking it's SSM though. They're the only ones of Sony's studios who have had enough time to work on something and they're tech wizards so the visuals will probably bathe mind blowing part of this.

Clear

Heh, feeling even better about my prediction now :D

I mentioned the rumour about another ND project back in post 782

In all fairness I absolutely WOULDNT be so confident as to bet on it, but I think it seems far and away the most likely candidate now.

Elios83

Great find TTP!
At this point considering the ties that Naughty Dog has with Santa Monica and Guerrilla I guess it's a new IP from one of these studios.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Any chance the Uncharted 3 patch added that newspaper?

I was wondering about that myself. I find it very odd that this has been there all the time and no one noticed. I mean, even if you couldn't make the connection back when The Last Of Us was yet to be announced, such a strange headline would have stuck in memory anyway, so one could definitely recall that now. Like "Aaaah! Now this is what that odd headline was all about!"

Anyone with an unpatched Uncharted 3 here?

KingDizzi

Banned
Man oh man detective Gaf is simply the best.

This has simply got to be SSM next game and I honestly could not be more hyped. It could really work out as well, an amazing developer like them could establish a new IP, possibly test the waters now with MP and leave GOW IV for PS4.

This is a pretty big deal though, putting it in the likes of UC3 screams "not a low budget horror move game".

Loudninja

I was wondering about that myself. I find it very odd that this has been there all the time and no one noticed. I mean, even if you couldn't make the connection back when The Last Of Us was yet to be announced, such a strange headline would have stuck in memory anyway, so one could definitely recall that now. Like "Aaaah! Now this is what that odd headline was all about!"

Anyone with an unpatched Uncharted 3 here?

Just look at an old walk-though on youtube.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Heh, feeling even better about my prediction now :D

I mentioned the rumour about another ND project back in post 782

In all fairness I absolutely WOULDNT be so confident as to bet on it, but I think it seems far and away the most likely candidate now.

If you make enough predictions you're going to be right eventually, Nostradamus. ;)

Personally, I don't think the fact that it's teased in an ND game is strong evidence that ND is involved in the development. It just implies Sony is involved, and is making a big deal of it, and we already knew both of those things.

AAK

TTP, be honest, were you tipped off about this? The timing of this discovery is especially sketchy. Something tells me marketing over at GT.com gave out notices for various outlets to build hype for it.

If not... that's a pretty impressive find :)

Represent.

Banned
Big budget zombie game with a serious tone. Uncharted producrion levels, GoW levels of violence.

Probably way off but FUCKK THIS BETTER BE DAMN GOOD KEIGHLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom