• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Geoff is a false prophet.
He will bring doom to all of us.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's pretty fuckin' tragic that some people think a new IP can't be surprising or impressive but the 6th sequel in a long running franchise would be.
Seriously, if this would end up being something like RE6 exclusive to PS3, it'd be the most underwhelming news possible to me. It's like, oh great, so I get to play a game I knew was coming, just as I'd get to play it if it wasn't exclusive...

Luckily, this announcement won't be just that.

Feindflug

Sweden dog. *cripsign*

3:00 am is way too late for this old man.

Athens, Greece here (well not the best time to say such a thing but what can I do) technically still Euroland, don't know for how long though.

And about the age thing I'm not the youngest boy around here either, I'm almost 30 but I think I can handle the 3:00a.m. challenge. :p

sleepykyo

5Hgy.gif

You've been spending a lot of time with Capcom's Ono haven't you?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
BELIEVE
neogaf slogan is believe.
' a ps3 exclusve you won't neogaf'.
it's a game no one on gaf will ever come up with. it's like the game , once you realise you're playing the game, you have lost the game.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm going to put my 360 in the other room when the exclusive is announced so it does not feel bad. Also it won't have to look a PS3's gloating.

BELIEVE
neogaf slogan is believe.
' a ps3 exclusve you won't neogaf'.
it's a game no one on gaf will ever come up with. it's like the game , once you realise you're playing the game, you have lost the game.

Myamoto 'retires' and Playstation has a game we'll never guess? I'm thinking it will be a Jump man game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
even if the announcement is underwhelming, Sony has definitely done a good job of hyping this by partnering with Geoff.

Even if it it an ant infection, zombi, apocalypse game, I am now interested in a game I otherwise wouldnt have taken a second look at.

Elginer

I can feel in my bones that this reveal is going to be such a letdown. All this hype and the just a bunch of staring faces and broken hearts tomorrow night.

Dunk#7

I can feel in my bones that this reveal is going to be such a letdown. All this hype and the just a bunch of staring faces and broken hearts tomorrow night.

To be fair, I do not think anything can stand up to this much hype.

I think they should have put the teaser out closer to the show.

They gave GAF too much time to think about it. If they only gave us like 2 days they would have been fine lol

ironcreed

Banned

That is just it. These types of teasers usually end up being let-downs because too many people let the hype inflate their expectations to unrealistic levels. Teasers are their own worst enemy in the end. That said, I am hoping this will be an exception and will be something that justifies all of the excitement... but I am not betting on it. I am just going to keep it real and hope it is something to look forward to, regardless.

Corto

To be fair, I do not think anything can stand up to this much hype.

I think they should have put the teaser out closer to the show.

They gave GAF too much time to think about it. If they only gave us like 2 days they would have been fine lol

The hype is the game.

Dunk#7

Can we work together on bringing the hype level back down prior to the announcement so that we can all be happy?

What are some steps we can take to bring the hype down to reasonable levels?

(I know this is ridiculous because hype is simply fabricated in one's mind, but just go with me on this and let's try to name some tangible things that could be done to reduce hype)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
A new IP can be shocking. If it's a zombie game... uh... that's going to have to work a little harder to be shocking. In fact, short of a modern military FPS, a zombie game is about the least surprising new IP possible currently.

The execution of the game can be novel even if the subject matter is well-worn.

How so?

Sony has already released/announced a bazillion new IP's this gen, so what would be so shocking and "unbelievable" about yet other one?

That's not really what I meant. Obviously new IPs are a constant in the industry. The content/style of the game is what could be surprising in some way.

I'm not saying it actually will be surprising when all is said and done, but I am saying that's the most reasonable interpretation of "surprising," "shocking," or whatever.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
That's a praying mantis, not a grasshopper.

And it doesn't show the rest of the GIF where the mantis bursts out of the lizards chest.

Holy shit! For real? Damn I want to and don't want to see it at the same time. Is it overly gory? How does the Mantis manage that one, sounds unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom