• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Lucky's Tale - Switch Gameplay

Andyliini

Gameplay from Nintendo Treehouse. I did not get this for Xbox, but I started wondering if I should consider it for Switch. Seems like a solid 3D platformer, with cute characters and some item collection as well.

Played through this on PC, was a good enough game for what it is. It's heavily geared to kids and the difficulty level is pretty low.

Fox Mulder

Wonder how it does on switch. It was already unfairly compared to Mario Odyssey when it came out on the Xbox. It was also launched alongside the Xbox X for some reason.

Just a simple kids platformer.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I thought both Lucky's Tale and Super Lucky's Tale were nicely done and polished but they kinda needed to be 2x as fast as they were to have any real platforming challenge. I dunno if they changed anything from Super, it looks fun when watching it played like this though.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I thought both Lucky's Tale and Super Lucky's Tale were nicely done and polished but they kinda needed to be 2x as fast as they were to have any real platforming challenge. I dunno if they changed anything from Super, it looks fun when watching it played like this though.
Guess the new trailer comparing the old version with the Switch edition answers my last post.

Looks like it got a good bit of additional polish to it. Hopefully it makes a good bit of difference in the overall feel of the game too. And maybe we could get it as a patch for the other platforms, that would be super nice.

Although I have to say I liked his old running animation, now he looks more conventional standing upright like that and like they're just trying to ape Mario or whatever other mascot.

Last edited:

Mattyp

This, they are good solid done games. I’ve mentioned it several times if this was produced by Nintendo/RARE etc sales and hype would be 10x the amount it received.

The game is very easy to complete but, it’s geared towards kids and great games for kids to get interested in gaming on of either sex but still trouble them enough.

If they had this amount of polish and shine on relaunching an old Rare IP it would sell gangbusters. And would be surprised if they weren’t given the chance.

Yooka is trash, but this from unknown talent makes it look even worse.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jacknapes

Got this game coming on Friday, played it on the Xbox One back at EGX a few years ago. Was decent enough, and believed something like this would be more suited to a Nintendo console.

Top Bottom