• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Wind Waker HD videos

Riki

I don't know how anyone can dislike the new look. It's simply gorgeous. Makes the original look almost ugly.

Fou-Lu

Bloom makes it feel so tropical, it's perfect. Love everything about the new look, nothing but an improvement.

cafemomo

ZERUDA NO DENSETSU: BLOOM KAHZED NO TACOTOO HD

seriously though, game looks great. I really might jump for that wii u bundle

linko9

Looks good, but honestly doesn't even look cel-shaded anymore. I guess if you're going to re-release a game it's nice to have a new artstyle, seeing as the original is always there, but I definitely do prefer the original style. Nice to see some of the improved textures though, like on the outside of the tower of the gods.

hwy_61

Banned
My god, is all that music in the game? I've gotta buy the soundtrack now. I can't wait for this to come out!

Vire

W9CmLpG.png

Why Nintendo?

Why?...

:(

Metaroo

So gorgeous. I just wish I didn't have to buy a new console to play it.

GOD. Some of those shots in the introduction video beat things I've seen on both the Xbone and PS4. The art style of this game is flawless.

Exile20

It honestly looks like I am squinting with goggle on looking though some out of focus binoculars when looking at the GC version then no more squinting, goggles or binoculars looking at the Wii U version.

Game looks gorgeous.

Man, the game is gorgeous. It still looked good on the GC, but the art REALLY lends itself to this HD upgrade. It's just timeless. This is one of those rare game that will never look ugly.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Woa keeps looking better and better.

As much as I want to be frustrated, they really deliver on all things console Zelda every time

Riki

Woa keeps looking better and better.

As much as I want to be frustrated, they really deliver on all things console Zelda every time

Has there ever been an ugly console Zelda game?
Heck, even most of the handheld ones were good looking.

Effect

Gorgeous!!! I honestly can't decide right now if I want to buy this digitally so I can play early or wait for the boxed version. Even then do I want to spend the extra five dollars at GameStop and get the figure as well? Decisions.

tauke

The bloom is excessive to my liking but in motion it still looks ok. They should have an option to switch off the bloom to mimic the GC version look.

Darryl

Banned
Each time they show this game off again it just looks even better. These colors pop. It looks stunning. I think this was the first time I've been sold on a game entirely on the graphics since FF X.

this looks beautiful ! anybody trashing this is a piece of shit
Heh

Seriously though, this really does look amazing. I have a lot of fond memories of playing the first version on the GC, this looks incredible, especially seeing the direct comparison between the two versions.

Jamix012

Oh. They didn't fix the water clipping the bottom of the boat. That's kind of disappointing. It looks great generally and it may be a nitpicky thing but it should have easily been fixed.

Pyrokai

I think the bloom looks nice. Wouldn't think twice about if I were never on GAF.

Can't wait!

The problem here is that it is severely over used and looks terrible.

Except no. Honestly, this is a purely subjective thing and obviously more people at Nintendo thought it looked better this way. Why don't we wait until we play it on our own TVs in motion before passing judgement?

Top Bottom