• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The NFL draft is kind of a shitty time if you consume any sports media.

It's the only time of year that a vast majority of analysis gets locked behind paywalls.

Jarnet87

When my Bucs draft Cook or Njoku

giphy.gif

When my Bucs trade back and take Ramczyk, Baker or Melifonwu

giphy.gif

When my Bucs take anyone else

NWYn9Of.jpg

Speaking of where is BG? I'm imagining him meditating under a waterfall in preparation for Thursday
Lol, none of this really bothers me. I actually get good Browns info, and not all the random tomfoolery. I would say to Floy and Wes, don't let all these reports drive you crazy. Few ppl actually know what the browns are doing, most are just speculating.

also a lot of these rumors are on the assumption that Trubisky actually is the Browns top ranked qb. Sure they like him, but I'm skeptical if he's actually number 1. If we did the mock again I might place Mahomes at 12.

This is from a day ago, from one of the only ppl who is a Browns insider and knows what's going on. Doesn't spread his stuff on twitter much though, but he can provides sanity amongst all the reports.
LA‏ @TheRealLA__

There are two QBs above all the Browns like in this draft and don’t follow the conventional wisdom or emotion
6:29 PM · Apr 23, 2017

One last thing ppl are assuming all these teams are spreading smoke to try and get the browns to take Trubisky number 1, at the same time have you considered browns are spreading smoke themselves 🤔🤔🤔

We could very well end up with Trubisky, but not at one. Just don't freak out at every report, stop disappointing me Floy boi.

JABEE

Lol, none of this really bothers me. I actually get good Browns info, and not all the random tomfoolery. I would say to Floy and Wes, don't let all these reports drive you crazy. Few ppl actually know what the browns are doing, most are just speculating.

also a lot of these rumors are on the assumption that Trubisky actually is the Browns top ranked qb. Sure they like him, but I'm skeptical if he's actually number 1. If we did the mock again I might place Mahomes at 12.

This is from a day ago, from one of the only ppl who is a Browns insider and knows what's going on. Doesn't spread his stuff on twitter much though, but he can provides sanity amongst all the reports.

One last thing ppl are assuming all these teams are spreading smoke to try and get the browns to take Trubisky number 1, at the same time have you considered browns are spreading smoke themselves 🤔🤔🤔

We could very well end up with Trubisky, but not at one. Just don't freak out at every report, stop disappointing me Floy boi.

BG setting himself up for Watson at 1.

Bread

Banned
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter.com 1m ago
CONFIRMED: Malcolm Butler is staying in #New England on a 4 year 14 million dollar deal. "I'd never leave, this is home." he told reporters
:') thank u malcolm

Each team needs to decide on an official topping though. We'll have a list in the OP.

Hmm that's a good idea,

I'll start the list:

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - Pepperoni-Cilantro-Jalapeno
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots - sausage, peppers, and onions
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

dionysus

Yaldog
There is good incentive for agents/players/teams to use people like Schefter as a back channel for information they shouldn't be privy to. FA CB X wants to know what FA CB Y is negotiating for so they do not undershoot the market, for example. Schefter confirmed that is how he gets most of his information when he was on Mike and Mike, a quid pro quo exchange of information. It works out for Schefter and others like him because he gets to be an ESPN insider and get paid.

What is the incentive for teams to leak their draft boards to the media? Disinformation I can see, but real information is more likely to harm them than help them.

Basically what I am saying is media insiders are way more accurate about free agent signings, players pushing for a trade, etc. than they will be about the draft.

Top Bottom