• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 10: The End of Stupid Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

TheDuce22 said:
I havent seen it yet this year and he has taken some hits. The only thing that has slowed down Owens so far has been Mcnabbs erratic passing at times.

Did you already forget the Steelers defense? They seemed to shut both Owens and Mcnabb all day long. :D

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
TheDuce22 said:
I havent seen it yet this year and he has taken some hits. The only thing that has slowed down Owens so far has been Mcnabbs erratic passing at times.

You've forgotten last weeks game already? The Steelers shut your boys down. My grandparents live in NJ and my grandfather is a huge Eagles fan.... even he doesn't wear glasses as thick and slanted as yours....

bionic77

TheDuce22 said:
Owens was the only player on the team who did anything. Mcnabb was horrible, that limited him.

McNabb had no time to do anything and the Steelers had great coverage on Owens. I think he had like 56 yards total. Please give SOME credit to the Steelers, they just beat your team into the ground, it happens sometimes and damage control won't change that.

TheDuce22

Banned
About the only thing Philadelphia did wrong was call a timeout in the closing seconds of the first half, when the Cowboys had taken a knee and were walking to the locker room. Parcells doubled back and returned to the 50-yard line, staring across the field.

ABC didnt show this. I thought I saw Parcells snub Reid after the game, maybe this was why.

McNabb had no time to do anything and the Steelers had great coverage on Owens. I think he had like 56 yards total. Please give SOME credit to the Steelers, they just beat your team into the ground, it happens sometimes and damage control won't change that.

They beat the hell out of us, I never said they didnt. I dont even dislike the Steelers and reserve the right to root for them if they are in the superbowl and we arent. Duce is the man.

bionic77

TheDuce22 said:
They beat the hell out of us, I never said they didnt. I dont even dislike the Steelers and reserve the right to root for them if they are in the superbowl and we arent. Duce is the man.

I guess I just misread what you wrote, because I thought it was some kind of insane damage control. My bad.

TheDuce22

Banned
I guess I just misread what you wrote, because I thought it was some kind of insane damage control. My bad.

I know you dont want to hear that Philly isnt as bad and you arent as good as you looked against us. That doesnt change the fact that we were dominated and both teams are very good.

bionic77

TheDuce22 said:
I know you dont want to hear that Philly isnt as bad and you arent as good as you looked against us. That doesnt change the fact that we were dominated and both teams are very good.

I think Philly is a great team, where I disagree is the part where Pittsburgh wasn't as good as they looked. Honestly, you should get used to seeing this because we are only going to get better as the season goes along. Just imagine where we will be when Duce comes back. :D

Anyways, even though the Steelers are the better team imho, anyone with any Football IQ would admit that the Eagles have a better chance of reaching the Superbowl then the Steelers or New England, just because the NFC blows.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wellington said:
I don't think Matlock can be allowed to cheer for both the Browns and the Steelers. It's like me cheering for the Eagles.

I don't think I'm alone here, but I don't think YOU should pull for the Giants AND Jets. It's like me pulling for Duke and UNC in college basketball.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'm gonna have to agree with FMT on the Falcons D.

I've only seen one Falcons game in its entirety, but I've seen parts of three others. Much like the Packers did to us in week 1, the Falcons got ALL their pressure against us via the blitz. I think they DO have a good D line however, and their number 6 ranking vs the run (even giving up 8 rushing TDs vs the Chiefs) is legit. However, their sacks come via the blitz, not a 3-4 man rush like the Panthers had last year.

The Falcons biggest change has been their change from 3-4 to 4-3 in the off-season. It's freed some linemen that were too small for their positions the past couple of years to go into their natural positions. Their D is merely adequate, and their failure against the pass both necessitates their blitzing and is exposed by their blitzing. They are 30th vs the pass btw.

TheDuce22 said:

I saw TO drop a handful of easy passes in that baltimore game.

firex

after last week's game, even more panthers are injured:
Jake Delhomme (still able to play but apparently broke a bone in his thumb)
John Kasay (the kicker, out with a hamstring injury)
and someone else on the defense

Carolina's team photos now would probably look more like a hospital ward.

Matlock

Banned
Wellington said:
I don't think Matlock can be allowed to cheer for both the Browns and the Steelers. It's like me cheering for the Eagles.

:lol

For the time that I was really interested in football (high school), I was a huge Steelers fan. I just kinda got hyped on the Browns because of:

a) The area I moved to
b) The hope that jGar would pull some magic out of his ass

Of course, now that the afterglow has faded, and I found out I got fucked, I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong. And don't get me started on the Bengals, jesus christ. If either the Browns or the Bengals are good in a given year, I'll gladly hype 'em up, but man oh man does Ohio football suck ass this year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Browns aren't that bad though. The combination of Lee Suggs and Willie Green is awesome. It's just that... their defense... :lol

:p

tmdorsey

Our defense blitzes sure, but it's not as much as people on here are making it out to be and being someone who has watched every game we have played in there entirety, I know for a fact our pressure mostly comes from the middle.

Eagles are #3 in the NFL (First in the NFC) in points allowed and the Pats are #5. Where have you been?

Ok let me restate, I think we have enough offense to keep pace with both the Eagles and Pats based on some of the games they have played so far.

The argument really ain't about if our defense as whole is one of the top defenses, it's about our D-Line and I think they have shown they are among the best in the league.

i think there are only 3 legitimately dangerous players on the falcons offense: vick, crumpler and dunn. everyone else basically falls into one of the following categories:

1. average
2. inconsistent
3. terrible

hate to rain on your parade TM, but time will prove me right. falcons will likely be one and done this year in the playoffs (depending on the matchup, they will get to the divisional at best) YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS LADIES! and bring up the thread come playoff time so i can savor my psychic abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom