• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cake Boss

Banned
my brother uses unblock-us. Not free either, but unlike a VPN you can easily set it up on consoles or other set top boxes.

I tried this yesterday with the free trial, did the whole DNS thing on the xbox one and it didn't work. I can never get a VPN or DNS switch to work. I hate dealing with network settings :(

I tried this yesterday with the free trial, did the whole DNS thing on the xbox one and it didn't work. I can never get a VPN or DNS switch to work. I hate dealing with network settings :(

Have you tried doing it at the router level?

Edit: Your router might have smartDNS or something enabled, which I think makes it hard for DNS servers to work?

I literally ordered cable yesterday because I'm sick of dealing with this bullshit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have you tried doing it at the router level?

Edit: Your router might have smartDNS or something enabled, which I think makes it hard for DNS servers to work?

I literally ordered cable yesterday because I'm sick of dealing with this bullshit.

Yeah I'll try this tonight. Its such bullshit, I lucked out before with my previous ISP for some reason it wasn't detecting I was in the blackout area for about a year, now that I switched to Rogers, yesterday it gave me the blackout message. I know everyone's pain now :(

I pay for the service, let me fucking use it you dicks.

does your network do IPv6? Have to disable IPv6 to use unblock-us since its IPv4 only. Cant remember how to do that on the xbox, its easy on PS4

Yeah I'll try this tonight. Its such bullshit, I lucked out before with my previous ISP for some reason it wasn't detecting I was in the blackout area for about a year, now that I switched to Rogers, yesterday it gave me the blackout message. I know everyone's pain now :(

I pay for the service, let me fucking use it you dicks.

If you have a Rogers account sign into TSN/SNs app/website (I'm not sure who controls broadcast rights for the SNES). It's a pain in the ass to have to go outside of the NHLs own streaming service, but you can at least access it if you are paying. Took me a while to realize I was automatically enrolled in this shit lol

Cake Boss

Banned
If you have a Rogers account sign into TSN/SNs app/website (I'm not sure who controls broadcast rights for the SNES). It's a pain in the ass to have to go outside of the NHLs own streaming service, but you can at least access it if you are paying. Took me a while to realize I was automatically enrolled in this shit lol

Yeah I tried this but the TSN quality is garbage and so is the frame rate compared to NHL.tv.

Silexx

Yeah I tried this but the TSN quality is garbage and so is the frame rate compared to NHL.tv.

Maybe I'm not super picky, but I've found the TSN feed to be pretty good in quality. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the stream to stabilize but it eventually runs really smooth.

I don't usually deal with NHL.tv so maybe I am missing out though.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I should look into getting NHL.tv this year. Kinda want to see more of the league than Preds and whatever NBC deems worthy of being aired nationally.

Cake Boss

Banned
Maybe I'm not super picky, but I've found the TSN feed to be pretty good in quality. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the stream to stabilize but it eventually runs really smooth.

I don't usually deal with NHL.tv so maybe I am missing out though.

Once you go black...

Quick

Banned
lol Simmons

No one wants to answer his calls, not even Lupul.
Probably made this all up.

uyntn22k0wmz.jpg

It's incredible how Simmons just feeds off all the hate.

Is anyone else a little annoyed already with hockey media's collective decision to freak out about the face-off thing?

Delryk

Oh yes it does, good point, will disable it.

Thanks.

Just have to go to Network setting, change the DNS to whatever ips unblock-us tells you to use, and do a *full* reboot. you can try to refresh MAC address on your xbox one if it still doesn't work.. should do the trick

works really good for me anyway!

Ondor

Banned
Coach Travis Green says some of the kids left behind in Vancouver will be in the opening night line-up. He better be talking about Brock 'the reincarnation of Markus Naslund' Boeser.

Socreges

Banned
Coach Travis Green says some of the kids left behind in Vancouver will be in the opening night line-up. He better be talking about Brock 'the reincarnation of Markus Naslund' Boeser.
Boeser is a no-brainer.

Naslund comparison seems strange, though...

Lupul likes talking out of his ass.

I don't even know my wifes' cell number and she's been using the same number for 12 years.
More likely the guy in his 50s still types in phone numbers every time he calls someone and hasn't realized others don't.

It's incredible how Simmons just feeds off all the hate.

Is anyone else a little annoyed already with hockey media's collective decision to freak out about the face-off thing?
yea its annoying. I hope the NHL doesnt react. Once players start adjusting to it calling these infractions will be better for the game overall. Especially the slashing

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV seems to have changed the lines for tonight pretty dramatically compared to yesterday (the players are the same, the configuration is not).

New lineup for tonight:

Kreider-Chytil-Zuccarello
Vesey-Hayes-Gropp
Puempel-Desharnais-Catenacci
Desjardins-Andersson-Tambellini

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Gilmour
Pedrie-Smith

Lundqvist
Georgiev

Power play unit 1: Shattenkirk, Zuccarello, Desharnais, Chytil, Kreider

Throwing Chytil right into the deep end. Gonna be cool to see him out there. Lias Andersson still getting to go again, but now he's being saddled with sandbags. Let's see if he can still perform.

Merguson

Banned
Well I would have thought that if he was taking a break he would have told everyone via social media which is why I find it strange. Makes me wonder if he had an interview or something with a NHL team for an analytics position and he has to keep quiet? Who knows

Well he just announced the PDOcast is back. I guess he was waiting on a new contract with Sportsnet.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

Megna and Chaput on the opening night roster confirmed.

Boeser is a no-brainer.

Naslund comparison seems strange, though...

They both have a killer wrist shot?

yyzjohn

Banned
lol Simmons

No one wants to answer his calls, not even Lupul.
Probably made this all up.

uyntn22k0wmz.jpg

Simmons is hilarious. Heard him on the radio, he suggested Lupul may have read his "Sunday notes" or whatever he calls them and decided to post on Instagram later that day. So in effect Simmons thinks he cause Lupul to suddenly speak up.

Socreges

Banned
Really? Boeser's a sniper with a scary shot and can make a play happen from out of nowhere. His game isn't exactly like Naslund's but I see him filling much of the same role.
You see him being a 100-point player? Having Naslund's finesse or playmaking ability? He has a similar sniping ability, but that's all we can really say for now. I think his ceiling is someone like Pavelski and that's generous as he's played so few games.

What I do really like about Boeser is he doesn't seem to take shifts off. Always working hard, always playing with confidence. A very good sign for a young player. Will make up for the times when the puck isn't going in the net for him

They both have a killer wrist shot?
Yes. Similar shot does not a reincarnation make.

Ondor

Banned
You see him being a 100-point player? Having Naslund's finesse or playmaking ability? He has a similar sniping ability, but that's all we can really say for now. I think his ceiling is someone like Pavelski and that's generous as he's played so few games.

What I do really like about Boeser is he doesn't seem to take shifts off. Always working hard, always playing with confidence. A very good sign for a young player. Will make up for the times when the puck isn't going in the net for him
I quite like what we've seen of Boeser's playmaking. Lacking Naslund's finesse so far I agree with.

Edit: Boeser and Goldobin on a line will be interesting to watch tonight.

Simmons is hilarious. Heard him on the radio, he suggested Lupul may have read his "Sunday notes" or whatever he calls them and decided to post on Instagram later that day. So in effect Simmons thinks he cause Lupul to suddenly speak up.

I bet Lupul has never read Simmons' "Sunday notes" in his entire life.

calder

rkPUHWm.jpg

Gotdamn Lawless just justified his position. (and if you want to insult the Habs' championship record you can be much, much less polite lol)

Apparently the twitter feed is handled by @DanMarrazza but I prefer to imagine it's all Gary Lawless

Pikma

Banned
rkPUHWm.jpg

Gotdamn Lawless just justified his position. (and if you want to insult the Habs' championship record you can be much, much less polite lol)

Apparently the twitter feed is handled by @DanMarrazza but I prefer to imagine it's all Gary Lawless
I approve of this tweet

Socreges

Banned
rkPUHWm.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Weevilone

Hey if any STL folks are interested in going to a preseason game, or just want to go to check out the arena renovations, drop me a PM and I'll send you my tickets. I don't plan to go to any preseason stuff.

A friend of the family normally takes them and I just found out she's in the hospital. :-(

9/20 CBJ @ 7:00PM
9/23 DAL @ 7PM
9/28 MIN @ 7PM
10/1 WSH @ 2PM

Top Bottom