• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

skynidas

Banned
giphy.gif

congratulations guys! this is awesome.

Loudninja

PlayStation Store: April 2016’s Top Downloads
1 DARK SOULS III
2 Ratchet & Clank
3 Rocket League
4 MLB The Show 16
5 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
6 Tom Clancy’s The Division
7 Grand Theft Auto V
8 Enter the Gungeon
9 BEYOND: Two Souls
10 The Order: 1886
11 Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
12 LittleBigPlanet 3
13 Alienation
14 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
15 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
16 Resident Evil 6
17 Salt and Sanctuary
18 EA SPORTS UFC 2
19 Firewatch
20 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/11/playstation-store-april-2016s-top-downloads/

Shin-chan

I think a lack of any global market presence is really hurting Microsoft exclusives. It isn't about raw install base but a solid base of engaged customers that buy games regularly and keep up to date with your platform and it's releases.

They basically have such an insignificant share of these customers outside of the US that their exclusives sell bugger all and their performance in their home territory has to be disproportionately good to offset this (which isn't happening).

Like, The Order was a bomb at NPD. But it was bought across the world in presumably meager amounts. QB is a bomb at NPD but hasn't been bought anywhere else at all.

rpg_fan

After all this time, I wonder just how many versions of Minecraft does the average owner have? It just keeps going and going and going.

Elandyll

Banned
Wait--people thought Quantum Break was going to be a big seller? Why?

So ... that's the new revisionist history?

Exclusive AAA TPS, on Xbox One, by Remedy, with major marketing push, and put at the forefront of press presentations since E3 2013...

HORRORSHØW;203430060 said:
But it was #7

#7 probably isn't a lot of sales in a traditionally slow sales month that didn't have a lot of competition in new releases. The raw numbers from the UK charts had it doing worse sales than Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Order: 1866 at launch.

Elios83

Big disappointment for Microsoft and Quantum Break.
It has always been treated like a major exclusive by them since 2013 with a big marketing push. It also appeared to be their biggest exclusive this year after Gears of War 4. It also had a full month of presence in the charts.
Those numbers can't be spinned in any positive way.

AmyS

It got bopped by a much cheaper (great) game in an established franchise on a larger install base that had a MOVIE release with it.

Come on now. Let's be realistic yeah?

Quantum Break had a much more vigorous marketing campaign. Prior to the reboot's release, the R&C series has been in a decline and the movie flopped.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm glad enough adults and others came of age and got Ratchet & Clank. It was really really fun.

cordy

Banned
PlayStation Store: April 2016’s Top Downloads

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/11/playstation-store-april-2016s-top-downloads/

1 DARK SOULS III
2 Ratchet & Clank
3 Rocket League
4 MLB The Show 16
5 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
6 Tom Clancy’s The Division
7 Grand Theft Auto V
8 Enter the Gungeon
9 BEYOND: Two Souls
10 The Order: 1886
11 Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
12 LittleBigPlanet 3
13 Alienation
14 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
15 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
16 Resident Evil 6
17 Salt and Sanctuary
18 EA SPORTS UFC 2
19 Firewatch
20 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE

Man,

Am I the only one who looks for Street Fighter V every time an NPD sales result comes up?

farisr

Retail murmuring says no
Yeah, I wouldn't know, I don't keep up with that stuff. Just wondering about the no comment thing happening regarding console sales performance. I thought it was only Sony who declined to comment or something but now I see that it was all three.

Top Bottom