• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2006

360 dominates next-gen, PS2 dominates last-gen. Lower numbers than expected for both the PS3 and Wii, surprised they were only 114K apart.

GhaleonEB

Nintendo DS 1.6 mm 9.2 mm
PS2 1.4 mm 37.1 mm
GBA 850.7 K 35.1 mm
Xbox 360 1.1 mm 4.5 mm
Wii 604.2 K 1.1 mm
PSP 953.2 K 6.7 mm
PS3 490.7 K 687.3 K
Wii: half expectations. Wow. No wonder they're so hard to find.

PS3: right on target with expectations. Nov-Dec total are just above the 360 launch. Come from behind! :lol

360: About the mid-point of GAF projections. Odysseus lives. Above the best month the Xbox ever had. Not as good as it should have done.

jj984jj said:
Wii BOMBA!

I dunno about "bomba" but predicted sales figures were way overblown. Certainly not close to 1.3 million and no where near the industry domination some had us believe was in the cards. In fact, the Wii numbers are not drastically better than the PS3 figures. The 360 handily won December/Christmas it seems. This "month" actually had 5 weeks in it.

Snaku

Banned
msg116352753929wj5.jpg

xaosslug

sonycowboy said:
HW Sales (month and LTD)
Nintendo DS 1.6 mm 9.2 mm
PS2 1.4 mm 37.1 mm
GBA 850.7 K 35.1 mm
Xbox 360 1.1 mm 4.5 mm
Wii 604.2 K 1.1 mm
PSP 953.2 K 6.7 mm
PS3 490.7 K 687.3 K

wow

Branduil

Obviously the DS and Wii were more supply-limited than a lot of people assumed.

PS2 is amazing, PSP hardware did well too.

Zelda sold with over a 90% attach rate. That's freakin' amazing. And the GC version did quite well too.

Wow at nearly 1 million PSP. Big PS2 numbers too yet.

I'm surprised that the Wii sales weren't much larger.

Also, I thought FF XII may of still made the list through Christmas sales. I guess most everyone that wanted it really did get it early.

Odysseus

Banned
D O W N said:
Wait... so does this mean the PSP is relevant again?

psp was never irrelevant

just less relevant lately than ds

what this actually means is december rocks for gaming, psp included

LJ11 said:
:lol

Warlox=Banned for 3 months.

Nice 360 and PSP sales.

er, isn't he saying that the Wii won't outsell the 360...which is what happened?

Although in fairness, sonycowboy's post title, and the fact that the Wii "1.1 million" column was so close to the 360's "1.1 million" made me think for a second they sold the same amount in December. Had to look closer to see what happened :p

Are we thinking Nintendo are intentionally trying to drive up demand with low supply, or are they really releasing fewer units because they're putting new wrist straps on every ****ing Wiimote?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PSP...did anyone expect this? Wow.

PS3 at 500k...700k for America...about what 360 had last year. Not bad. January will see if the stock in the channel is moving or not. Overall not terrible, I guess. Better than the PS2's first two months in America?

DS...great.

PS2...it just keeps going.

360 numbers are really nice. Congrats to Microsoft.

GBA...great numbers.

Wii...supply constrained.

more importantly THREE BALL LOSES HIS BAN BET, ODYSSEUS SURVIVES!

hyp

great numbers by the PSP. Dark Alex must be proud of his work! :D what happened to wii total domination?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Why are the X360 numbers restricted to two significant figures? Did it sell 1.1 million or 1.100 million? Is it rounded up or down?

argon

Top 10 Accessory Items - December 2006 Units
360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER 823.8 k
WII REMOTE CONTROLLER 646.7 k
WII NUNCHUK CONTROLLER 497.1 k
PS2 8 MEG MEMORY CARD 474.8 k
PS3 SIXAXIS WIRELESS CONTROLLER 336.0 k
PS2 MEMORY CARD 8 MEG 286.0 k
PS2/PS DUAL SHOCK2 CONTL 263.4 k
PS2/PS BLUE DL SH2 CNTL 245.2 k
360 PLAY & CHARGE KIT 224.6 k
PS2 CORDLESS ACTION CNTLR 219.9 k

Top 10 Accessories? A nice surprise. Did we ever get these before, even through leaks?

I was pretty close with my 360, PS3, PSP and PS2 predictions.. but got owned by Wii and DS. Totally overestimated things there. What happened to those Wii shipments, Nintendo? No wonder Wiis were completely unobtainable.

The GBA is too a monster! Why is the PS3 selling bad, I don't get it...didn't Sony say they've shipped 1m? The demand is there..it's Playstation for goodness sake.

sonycowboy said:
Top 10 Titles - December 2006 INCLUDES ALL PLATFORMS (consoles and portables)
Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts 1.9 mm
Call Of Duty 3 - Activision 1.1 mm
Cars - THQ 874.0 k
Need for Speed: Carbon - Electronic Arts 871.6 k
360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 815.7 K
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 805.2 K
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - LucasArts 792.3 K
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - THQ 731.6 K
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision 713.9 K
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision 642.9 K

Shouldn't combined Zelda sales be at number 3 here, or am I missing something?

Haunted

TheGreatDave said:
Are we thinking Nintendo are intentionally trying to drive up demand with low supply, or are they really releasing fewer units because they're putting new wrist straps on every ****ing Wiimote?
We are thinking that Nintendo treats the European and Japanese markets more equally that its competitors do
and creates artificial shortages in the US. :p

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
360 owned December.

Gears of War top selling title, even outselling ZELDA! Ntards am cry! :lol :lol :lol

A very decisive holiday victory for Microsoft

GhaleonEB

nicks are so impersonal said:
Xbox 360 owns its competition. It's starting to look like a winner in the west.
The PS3 and Wii are supply constrained. Wait for January. :)
Cerrius said:
360 owned December.

Gears of War top selling title, even outselling ZELDA! Ntards am cry! :lol :lol :lol

A very decisive holiday victory for Microsoft
Combine Wii and CG Zeldas though... :p

Top Bottom