• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2014 [Up2: PS4/XB1/Wii U/360 Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

we-did-something-bad_original.gif

My heart just melted

RE_Player

Wonder if inFamous will provide a bump up in PS4's sold and where it will chart on NPD considering it's releasing late in the month.

Squalor

The Xbox One might actually have a better March than the PS4, but if so it will more than likely go down again in April.
Not with the releases of Infamous: Second Son and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (MGS always sells significantly more on Sony consoles).

Owzers

I think the streams will cross in march, but i also want to know if this is xbox family and not just xbox one....258k seems high for xbox one.

Mikey Jr.

Said it once and I'll say it again. Xbone will win March.

Say what you will about TF, the marketing on that game alone has been through the fucking roof.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So these are ordered by sales ranking, right? It's interesting how the Wii U SKU outsold the Xbox One and PS4 SKUs.

It seems like Lego games are one third party franchise that have been doing well on both the 3DS and Wii U. Thus I think it's a lock to continue getting Lego games in the future on both consoles as long as that continues.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, nice to see some good sales for Bravely Default! I was kinda hoping it would beat Lightning Returns, alas... still surprised both BD and LR charted. Probably the first time I recall 2 RPGs making it into the NPD top 10 in a single month.

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation 1m
NPD Group: PS4 is #1 again for the month, and cumulative sales, in the United States. Thanks for your support!

gonna need that for next month.

I have no desire to own a Xbone right now but its closer they it should be in NA.

So happy for Bravely Default!

For a month where it seemed like Sony didn't ship any, doing 286k is really friggen good imo. Imagine if they actually had suitable stock.

March is going to be extremely interesting. I know of stores that are getting a huge shipment of PS4s, like double the Titanfall bundle, in preparation for next week, and Amazon seemed to get a huge shipment last week.

iori9999

Banned
Then you were crazy. Consumers are fickle as fuck. Hell, I'm surprised it's selling as well as it is so I guess that's something.

What's crazy is that even late in the life of both PS3 and Xbox 360, that the 360 was still winning.. I'm sorry but the PS3 dominated the Xbox's Library from 2010 on..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If that headline software list is multi format, why does it show minecraft as 360 only, when it's on PS3 as well? Is minecraft not available as a download card in retail stores in the US yet?

Yaoibot

Great numbers for the new HD twins. X1 did far, far better than anyone expected. Guess the real fireworks are in March. If they can't take that with TF, could be a bit grim. Was this a four week or five week period of tracking?

Xbox One to be #1 in March

Gaf server crash incoming

Nah, I think most people are expecting it to come out on top. It'll have the Titanfall boost and the PS4 will likely still be having supply issues (Sony says it won't be fixed till April). It'd be more of an upset if the PS4 came on top, imo.

Spiegel

Great numbers for Xbox One.

MS/Sony home consoles are doing great. The sky isn't falling and we can continue having a hobby.

zroid

Banned
Amazing sales for BD. Super happy.

Bet Square Enix just made the call to start localizing Bravely Second today, haha.

How do these console numbers track with previous generations. Are these healthy unit sales 3 months into the market? I need to know before I start serving "console market is dying" crow.

Top Bottom