• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
LTD

Yoshi ~ 287k
BD ~ 277k
Kirby ~ 196k
Golf ~ 58k

FFHD ~ 82k
B2 ~ 39k
GOWC ~ 25kk

June sales

Yoshi's New Island - 31,000
Bravely Default - 19,000
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - 58,000
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita) - 7,000
Borderlands 2 (no bundle) - 12,000

Thanks cream!

Mpl90

Ah, right, if we include first month's digital sales, we have

Bravely Default retail LTD + February digital sales - 312,000 / 317,000

It seems it's still selling well enough for being a brand new RPG that came out at the beginning of February

mo60

It definitely has a chance.

We calculated some time ago that it should be around 8.6-9 million right now. 1 million in 6 weeks is the challenge.

Hasn't the ps4's worldwide selling rate drop from like a million per month to like 400K-500K per month in the last couple of months(even less than this at times). It won't sell 10 million until at least late august and/or september.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't the ps4's worldwide selling rate drop from like a million per month to like 400K-500K per month in the last couple of months(even less than this at times). It won't sell 10 million until at least late august and/or september.

Combined outside of the United States, doesn't it sell more? So if the PS4 is selling 250+ on the US, shouldn't it be more than 500-600 worldwide every month?

SeanR1221

I figured Watch_Dogs would sell more on PS4, but I didn't expect THAT big of a split.

Now I'm really curious what the Destiny spread will look like.

And really really curious on the CoD:AW spread.

Key2001

Where are you getting the 400k-500k per month from?

The US only accounted for ~32.5% of worldwide PS4 sales from January to March. Since then sales in the US have only dropped by 26.9% for the months of April to June compared to the months of January to March. If the PS4 only managed to average 400k to 500k worldwide for April to June, the rest of the world PS4 sales would had dropped by ~55.8% to ~71.7%.

If the PS4 has managed at least around 600k/month for April to June, sales for the rest of the world still have dropped by 40% (which would put the PS4 at ~8.8m).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, god of war is kind of a big franchise. 25k for that port on that console seems like an incredible event, lol.

FF vita is Pretty sad.

how is 80k for FF Vita bad? it's an HD remaster of a ps2 game that couldn't have cost that much to get onto the vita. Combined with the JP sales, it has easily eclipsed 250k on just the vita.

There's no way that SE didn't make a stupid amount of money on that port given the cost. Hopefully, they see those sales and support the damn thing a bit more. It can't cost that much to port DDQVIII from mobile, dammit.

how is 80k for FF Vita bad? it's an HD remaster of a ps2 game that couldn't have cost that much to get onto the vita. Combined with the JP sales, it has easily eclipsed 250k on just the vita.

There's no way that SE didn't make a stupid amount of money on that port given the cost. Hopefully, they see those sales and support the damn thing a bit more. It can't cost that much to port DDQVIII from mobile, dammit.

wait is that the LTD?

LTD
BD ~ 277k

Hey the margin between BD and LR keeps getting bigger and bigger here.

USA USA USA

Probably a reasonable one. The PS4 was hard to find in France and Germany at lthe very least until ISS hit the shelves.

From the SELL data, Gen 8 consoles sold 0.69M in the first 5 months of 2014 vs 0.37M PS4+XB1 in Novermber/December. Not sure about the WiiU but it sold 176k in the whole of 2013, so even if it sold half of that in the holiday season, this likely indicates that sales haven't dropped as much as they have in the US for instance.

edit: the Gen 8 install base is 1M in France as of May 2014. At the beginning of the year, it was at 0.3 for the WiiU, 0.24 PS4 and 0.13 XB1. That makes 0.33M consoles sold in Jan-May.

Similar situation in Germany, where 0.62M Gen 8 consoles were sold in Jan-May, and PS4+XB1 had sold 0.35M together in Nov-Dec.
Spain, 0.39M in 2014, vs 0.19 PS4+XB1 in 2013.
Again, likely more stable sales than in the US. I'm presuming a significant part of this is increased availability of the PS4.

wait where is all this data from?

sörine

Banned
Bravely Default's doing great. I think it's going to clear a million worldwide in the end.

Nice also to see FFX/2 Vita outsell LR 360. Winning on both the high and low ends.

Mpl90

Hey the margin between BD and LR keeps getting bigger and bigger here.

USA USA USA

Including digital sales just from the first month, the game is at 312,000 - 317,000 units sold.

USA USA USA xd

and Fire Emblem: Awakening, stop forgetting it!

Fire Emblem: Awakening might get a boost now with the Smash reveal.

Still. While Awakening is probably over a million world wide. Lack of official numbers (mostly of Europe) and outdated numbers makes it difficult to prove.

sörine;121984609 said:
It outsold Lightning Returns 360 at least.

I still think 3DS & Vita multi would've worked better for Type-0 worldwide.

- It's outselling LR on 360.
- Half of the game package is a voucher with a digital download
- Didn't have a special edition like the PS3 did

I think it's doing okay.

Yikes at LR 360 numbers.

I wonder if Square expected Final Fantasy numbers on 360 to be better.

Thanks... good numbers.

So that's what, approximately 110k for BL2 on Vita without including digital? Digital is what anywhere from nothing to roughly 30k as well (assuming that 30% digital number). Is this good or bad? Will this mean more support for the game and maybe console?

I assume these are Vita sales. FF sold kinda bad and Borderlands 2 (?) is a disappointment. Considering the quality of the GoW Collection I say 25k is bit excessive.

IIRC NPD only tracks retail, so I'd take any Vita software sales numbers from them with a grain of salt. I'd imagine Vita games have a significantly higher digital:physical sales ratio than other platforms.

Shantom

So that's what, approximately 110k for BL2 on Vita without including digital? Digital is what anywhere from nothing to roughly 30k as well (assuming that 30% digital number). Is this good or bad? Will this mean more support for the game and maybe console?

I wouldn't use the figures which include bundles to try and calculate digital sales. BL2 sold 39K standalone, so I doubt its digital sales are anywhere near 30K.

IIRC NPD only tracks retail, so I'd take any Vita software sales numbers from them with a grain of salt. I'd imagine Vita games have a significantly higher digital:physical sales ratio than other platforms.

Well, it depends.

NPD tracks retail with an incredible 90-95% accuracy. They're trying to track digital as well, but their estimates have much, much lower accuracy because their system isn't as well-developed.

For niche games I'd agree with you on that digital / physical ratio claim. But more mainstream games like Borderlands 2? I wouldn't be so sure.

I wouldn't use the figures which include bundles to try and calculate digital sales. BL2 sold 39K standalone, so I doubt its digital sales are anywhere near 30K.

Ah I did the total "sales" including standalone and bundle and then the 30% on that. Eh, either way, is at least 110k in the US good enough?

sörine

Banned
One would assume so but sales of Vita memory cards above 4GB were significantly below a 1:1 installed base ratio last we saw. It'd be nice to get an update on that though.

I assume these are Vita sales. FF sold kinda bad and Borderlands 2 (?) is a disappointment. Considering the quality of the GoW Collection I say 25k is bit excessive.

See, this here is where I get confused with Sony and the Vita. I wonder how much these items cost and what the expected LTD is for Sony. Like Freedom Wars had an expected LTD of 200k and I think I read Oreshieka has an expected LTD of 100k. Is the 110k in the US for the BL2 physical and bundle sales in line with expectations or did it miss the mark.

I understand why Sony doesnt care to invest more in the Vita, but from what I understand May and June saw the bundles sell out with little to no restocking, so there is "demand" there. Further, if 3rd parties are able to develop titles that are deemed successful and warrant sequels at anywhere from 100k to 200k LTD sales, why cant Sony? Honestly, if Sony can do that and get the price of the Vita and memory down further, they can keep the same device and have it compete against the next Nintendo handheld.

Mory Dunz

Just caught up. Ugh, some of the posters in the past 10-15 pages set Nintendo fans back 15 years. Back to "delusional" status.

Thanks a lot, guys...

Top Bottom