• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2007

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't know what kind of reaction to have seeing people glad PS3 is outselling the GBA so I'm just laughing. :lol

titiklabingapat said:
One question. Is Mario Party a hardcore franchise(blowing it's load in one sitting) or a more casual franchise? Cause it it's the latter, we could see some mighty fine legs on the thing and an almost guaranteed million seller for the Wii....but it's such a relatively a crappy game.

1. Its a million seller confirmed. Its only a matter of time.

2. At this point, with those numbers in such a short period of time, it doesn't really matter if its casual or hardcore. I'd have to lean more towards casual. The wide userbase of Wii is gonna drive this game into the stratosphere. It will be fun to watch. :)

aztrex said:
Holy shit at GBA missing PS3 by a SMIDGEN!!!! :lol :lol

What are you talking about Mario Party is a game. Wii Degree is the non-game.

i'm just really surprised a universally accepted crappy Wii game is beating a relatively hyped 360 game. Even as a Nintendo fan, I'm shocked it is beating it by that much.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The DS is finally having healthy numbers in the US every month and the PSP itself is selling freaking well too.

Saitou

Banned
**** YEAH BITCHES
home02_small.jpg

OMG.gif

hfs.gif

1174342441616.jpg

thumb.jpg

Go PSP go!

Xavien

Pokemon is a fad amirite? :D

Like i said in the other thread:

Xavien said:
Do they really need PR at this point? The Numbers speak for themselves.

The Numbers say, Wii will be this generations market leader.

Nintendo has truly grown the videogame business by attracting new buyers.

Nintendo deserves a hearty thanks for that.

Hopefully third party developers will eventually be able to tap into that market and make some decent sales on those Nintendo platforms. So far, they have not had much success. :-/

5x4c38y.gif

She's a very kinky girl
The kind you don't take home to mother
She will never let your spirits down
Once you get her off the street, ow girl

She likes the boys in the band
She says that I'm her all-time favorite
When I make my move to her room
It's the right time
She's never hard to please
ReggieCantTouchThis.gif
"Nintendo"
Oh, no
That girl is pretty wild now
(The girl's a super freak)
The kind of girl you read about
(In new-wave magazines)
That girl is pretty kinky
I really love to taste her
(Every time we meet)
She's all right, she's all right
That girl's all right
With me, yeah
Hey, hey, hey-heeeey

She's a super freak, super freak
She's super-freaky, yow
4kkswuw.jpg
"Microsoft"
Everybody sing
Super freak, super freak

She's a very special girl
(The kind of girl you want to know)
From her head down to her toenails
(Down to her feet, yeah)
And she'll wait for me at backstage
With her girlfriends
In a limousine
(Going back in Chinatown)

Three's not a crowd to her, she says
(Manaja trois)
Room 714, I'll be waiting
When I get there she's got incense
Wine and candles
It's such a freaky scene
6h76u74.gif
"Playstation 3 vs GBA"
That girl is pretty kinky
I really love to taste her
(Every time we meet)
She's all right, she's all right
That girl's all right
With me, yeah
Hey, hey, hey-heeeey

She's a super freak, super freak
She's super-freaky, yow
4vrekj9.gif
"Sony"
Temptations sing
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oooooh
Super freak, super freak
That girl's a super freak
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oooooh

She's a very kinky girl
The kind you don't take home to mother
She will never let your spirits down
Once you get her off the street

5x8jn21.gif
"NeoGaf"

Nice Forza 2 start. Pokeymans is a fad. Just you wait. Same thing with that Wii thing. Die Ninty!1 Activision must be happy with X360.

Seriously, software land is definitely DSWii60 country.

Odysseus

Banned
attn: microsoft

1) increase the hdd size on the premium to 60gb in order to get the value ratio on the core->premium->elite in proper alignment. as it is, the increased capacity more than overcomes the dollar difference on the skus, which totally makes the elite the de facto standard in terms of which 360 to buy. not bad if you want to sell elites, terrible if you want to actually sell 360s.

2) de-tard the tard pack. make the only difference between skus the hdd and nothing else. the core will never sell as gimped as it is. it doesn't matter how much it costs.

3) drop the prices on consoles and accessories. $199 core. $299 premium. $379 elite. $40 wireless controllers.

4) ???

5) lose by a lesser amount to the wii.

Nick

This is getting very un-interesting. You can predict the numbers within a 10% clip each month for free.

speculawyer said:

Hopefully third party developers will eventually be able to tap into that market and make some decent sales on those Nintendo platforms. So far, they have not had much success. :-/

I wanna quote this just in case you change your mind :D

speculawyer said:

RE4 to save the day!:D

michaeld

Banned
Gawd I just pray Nin's domination doesn't change video games into what people get on the Wii or I will be done with gaming. I pray we have the choice of 360/PS3 style gaming and Nin gaming.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
For next month, I believe June is a 5 week period.

GreekWolf

If Sony has one more sub 90k month, I really think the system is dead. At this stage, it'll take a $250 price drop for them to recover.

Microsoft is just waddling along and apparently not giving a flip that the 360 is circling dangerously close to the drain. They finally have the software lineup but they've also run out of potential buyers for a four hundred dollar video game console.

Avrum

You know what actually bothers me? Wii's guns aren't even out yet (for the most part) and it's pulling crazy numbers like this. Nintendo has got to ramp up production when those big hits this fall comes. At this rate, you can cut Europe out of the loop entiretly and Wii will likely hit ten million by October (if not sooner, on North America and Japan alone) I shudder to think how much that could change with plenty of hardware in stock and plenty of great games peppered throughout the latter half of 2007.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Next Month Wiisoftware sales should be very interesting- Mario Party and Wii Play should be strong holdovers, BBA and Pokemon should do well, plus from 3rd parties you have RE4, The Bigs, and Harry Potter.

arne

Agent Icebeezy said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5928582&postcount=590

I'm not trying to call Arne out with this, I'm just frustrated to no end. You know, this isn't really about just Microsoft to me, there are a lot of people that depend on high userbases to make ends meet. You want to grow your profit margin, fine, but you do have an obligation to the ones that make your console desirable in the first place. They need to drop the price

http://i19.tinypic.com/4yp36n8.jpg

Oh snapz!

We were talking about competing against Sony though, no problems with my statements only on that... :p

Can't say the same vs. Wii obviously.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nick said:
This is getting very un-interesting. You can predict the numbers within a 10% clip each month for free.
You expected PSP to sell over 200k?

Xavien

GreekWolf said:
If Sony has one more sub 90k month, I really think the system is dead. At this stage, it'll take a $250 price drop for them to recover.

Microsoft is just waddling along and apparently not giving a flip that the 360 is circling dangerously close to the drain. They finally have the software lineup but they've also run out of potential buyers for a four hundred dollar video game console.

The PS3 is already dead, it was dead last month and the month before that, now we are just waiting for some kind soul to put it out of its misery.

Microsoft doesn't care about the 360 as long as it does as much damage to Sony as possible, Microsoft laid the HD/Next-Gen trap and Sony fell straight into it.

lexi

Banned
michaeld said:
Gawd I just pray Nin's domination doesn't change video games into what people get on the Wii or I will be done with gaming. I pray we have the choice of 360/PS3 style gaming and Nin gaming.

Yes, it will also stunt medical research and transform your PC into a 486. I'm so sick of this bullshit fear mongering.

Jirotrom

titiklabingapat said:
i'm just really surprised a universally accepted crappy Wii game is beating a relatively hyped 360 game. Even as a Nintendo fan, I'm shocked it is beating it by that much.
It really hammers the nail in proving that the casual market is just simply much larger than the hardcore crowd...and as I get older and increasingly have less time to play games, I see why.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Well, I do have a bet, but i'm well on my way to winning that anyway.

Restraint Mr DeaconKnowledge, self restraint. You don't want to fall flat on your face once things suddenly turn around
lol

chriskzoo

Banned
I'll have to put this up there with MySpace, Facebook, and Text messaging as things that are wildly popular that I have zero interest in. :lol

Amen

titiklabingapat said:
So Wii third parties...where's the games?

Well NiGHTS 2, Rygar, SC Legends, Boogie, Manhunt 2, a EA/Spielberg exclusive, Oponi, Dewy, Zak & Wiki, etc. have all come to light during the past few months and we're not even at E3 yet.

The whole "you need all the third parties to have success!!" thing is so overblown anyway. Positive mindshare + 1 or 2 system moving killer apps + a reasonable steady flow of content are more important than having what some 30-year-old hardcore gamer on the internet thinks is a good lineup in a list wars debate.

Jiggy

Saitou said:
I actually worked through a whole system of logic about which pictures was supposed to represent which system (fourth must be DS since it's from Pokemon, third would be either Wii or DS but DS is accounted for so it must be Wii, first must then be PSP...) until I realized they're probably not representing anything except general excitement. >_>

Top Bottom