• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

There goes the streak.

Personally a little surprised to see that Smash Wii U outsold 3DS. Pleasantly surprised, but still surprised. Interested in seeing Nintendo's PR.
With the babbling done, no real surprise Wii U Smash outsold 3DS for November. Not sure why I read that as overall.

TechOne

b0Vh8nz.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Microsoft should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their devices division. Now they go and throw immense deals with bundles like the AC one just to piss off the market. Why pay to force adoption from as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Sony's hands with their November sales lead and Sony only responded with an GTAV + TLOU bundles by way of just decent deals and value. Sony will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some more real megatons of their own.

Uncharted remake collection. A true Crash sequel. New Killzone beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Sony with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

Faustek

A costly victory. Now lets hope the upper management doesn't fuck it up.

ohh just realised that NWU is Nintendo Wii U :D Was wondering why Wii U Smash didn't track...derp :D

Honestly, I would have preferred AC didn't chart in the top ten at all.

But I suppose it's hard for me to say that since one of those sales was mine.

Anth0ny

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has sold nearly 710,000 combined units since launching on Nov. 21.

WiiU up 10%~ YOY = 242k~

vesvci

Banned
Expected MS to win, they pretty much "bought" the November NPD with free games and steep price-cuts.

Questions is...by how much did they win?

Amir0x

Banned
Now the question becomes

1.) Will we get any indications of the size of the gap in unit sales between PS4 and XBO this month? I think if the gap is 350k+ they will likely win December NPD as well.

2.) WIll Xbox One possibly revert to $399 in January? I think no possible way. Consumers have spoken too loudly, and for various other logical, logistical and strategical reasons.

Sony will likely respond with a price cut of their own by mid next-year if XBO starts selling better month-over-month.

Top Bottom