• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia leak suggests CS:GO Source2 engine update

Holammer

Someone poked around in Nvidia's February drivers and found a profile for what looks like CS:GO's hotly anticipated SauceToo update. Something that's been speculated on for about seven years now. There's plenty of evidence from data-mining CSGO & DOTA2 that development is ongoing and Valve even joke about it.
More importantly for the average gaffer, is there something else waiting to be found in Nvidia's drivers?

Gabefollower investigated older driver and the update is indeed new.

MiguelItUp

Give it to TF2 instead, CSGO is boring as fuck & the former is in more need of an update than the game that's been played to death
both GIF

MiguelItUp

Man, I wish. I'll always wish. But I really don't know. At this point if it were to happen I feel like it wouldn't live up to people's expectations, whatsoever.

But hey, a Source 2 update for TF2 and CSGO? I can see that for sure.

KyoZz

Nvidia, your number one source for video games leaks

image.png

With one of the latest NVIDIA Drivers, a new Game Profile has been added to the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Called "Counter-strike 2", it has 2 executables: - csgos2.exe - cs2.exe

FqJ7E2rXgAIM835
FqJ8JG3XgA4vpnx
FqJ8KpPX0AAjLE4

ESL also twitted

Credit for finding goes to u/DAOWAce
Source

Holammer

Update from Gabefollower.

Left 4 Dead 2 with Source Engine 2 next PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.
Future proofing games like L4D2 or TF2 with a Source2 port would be nice, games that are currently chugging along on a 19 year old engine.
Source2 TF2 with SF2M would save the sanity of many SFM artists.

Fake

Update from Gabefollower.

Future proofing games like L4D2 or TF2 with a Source2 port would be nice, games that are currently chugging along on a 19 year old engine.
Source2 TF2 with SF2M would save the sanity of many SFM artists.

If they want an incentive, Portal 2 on NS did a good reception, so revisite those old games with a updated engine would be a good move.

dorkimoe

As someone who has played counterstrike for literally 20 years, i would LOVE to see them make an actual CS2 with bigger maps, maybe more players, more modes and switch up the gameplay. But i guess they dont really need to with how successful CSGO still is.

Holammer

As someone who has played counterstrike for literally 20 years, i would LOVE to see them make an actual CS2 with bigger maps, maybe more players, more modes and switch up the gameplay. But i guess they dont really need to with how successful CSGO still is.
It's a 'Don't fix it if it ain't broke' situation.
If I had a say in day to day business operations at Valve, I would make a "Counter-strike Legends" spinoff aimed at the console crowd. With ADS, ballistics model and purdier graphics.

Do what CrossfireX failed to achieve.

Rykan

This isn't going to be some huge revelation for CSGO. DotA 2 is using Source 2 as well and the changes really aren't that massive for the end user.

Top Bottom