• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden (Possible) Season 4 Thread: Wish you were here ladies!

Fifty

What's that supposed to mean?

Personally, I think that while you say you haven't made any mistakes, the amount of big plays a user can make increases when you play a high risk position like the secondary or a LB in coverage. I'm not knocking DL, but I think that there's a point where expanding from there is the logical thing to do. You can only do so much rushing the QB, and being able to flow from position to position is what I'm most proud of. I may make mistakes (I basically lost the season because I overpursued on the second last play) but in the end it's a lot more involving, and maybe you should force yourself to try that before you call it quits.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Put it this way, I know I lost to, I'm thinking it might have been DSkillz, FOR SURE, because I went to pick another defender in rushing the QB and instead, it chose the CB covering the right side WR, turning him into WIDE THE $@#% Open ;) Both times = 2 TD's. I have alot more confidence in my defensive playcalling/adjustments, than my actual defensive play. I still think I did pretty damn well on Defense througout the year, for a 1st year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Er, I said blitzing from the outside is bullshit, and it is against our rules (with a DB, LB, or by moving a DL outside of 'the box").

He asked if he was that one player.

I said no, he plays DL legitly.

I've given you all the props in the world for being able to play CB competently, you know this.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think I can play safety or LB properly. I just feel more comfortable at the line, is all.

Lonestar

"I just feel more comfortable at the line, is all."

That's pretty much how I feel about my play as well. I've gotten a bit better at manual pass rush, and kept user error on IMPORTANT ONE ON ONE situations to a minimum.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
What's that supposed to mean?

Personally, I think that while you say you haven't made any mistakes, the amount of big plays a user can make increases when you play a high risk position like the secondary or a LB in coverage. I'm not knocking DL, but I think that there's a point where expanding from there is the logical thing to do. You can only do so much rushing the QB, and being able to flow from position to position is what I'm most proud of. I may make mistakes (I basically lost the season because I overpursued on the second last play) but in the end it's a lot more involving, and maybe you should force yourself to try that before you call it quits.

One reason I never have used the LB is that I particularly don't think it is fair. I mean, you have a team of AI offensive players running routes, then you throw in the mix a human controlled LB. We don't rush with the LBs because the AI can't react fast enough, yet we will allow the LB to do whatever he wants in the secondary? So the only thing that needs to be protected is the blitzing?

I have seen a human controlling a LB and he is shadowing my TE towards the right side of the field, yet, when I put the ball up, he turbos all the way to where the pass is going, whether it be on the left side of middle of the field. That is horse bleep, IMO. One player cannot patrol an entire field in real life, yet that is what happens in Madden. My favorite is to just sit in the middle of the field with the LB and just wait, because of the super turbo speed, the MLB can make a play pretty much on any play that is called.

But no one in the league really saw that as a problem before season 3 started, but now it appears many people are using the same tactic and that makes the offensive play calling really boring. Nothing but P-A passes, and long bombs. In other words, not that much fun. It becomes less about playcalling and more about trying to beat the uber-LB in the middle of the field. That is definitely not fun.

But I am not whining, just putting my .02 in the discussion. If you enjoy the game as it is, by all means keep playing. But at the same time, don't try to minimize someone's concerns or reasons why he chooses not to. It is all about opinions and choice.

Fifty

Sign up for premium pass on EA's site. I don't have the link. But going to EAsports.com or googling EA premium pass should get you there. It's free, you just need a CC. Then just follow the link you're sent.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
french bread gave me a link and I THINK I signed up for the pass, now it just takes me to the leauge page

Fifty

Why do you "THINK" you signed up for the pass? It was quite clear when I did it. Anyway, once you're done that, the league page has a join link on it.

jobber

DON'T YELL AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but I digress....It didn't ask for CC info so I wasn't sure. I was also using Opera which is why I didn't see a join now link. I signed up using IE.

jobber

I suck at this game online. Knowing my luck Chad gets hurt in the first game. In a random game online he broke his jaw. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, if Jobber plays I may have to reconsider, but I would request to be in his division and play him three times. (and play no other games!)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So it's illegal to have an outside LB blitz??? Or just illegal to manually control an outside LB and blitz with him?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
So it's illegal to have an outside LB blitz??? Or just illegal to manually control an outside LB and blitz with him?

Control him and blitz outside. I see no problem with running through the line of scrimmage if your an LB, 'cause if you're that good you deserve the sack.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I will be in season 4... I am already signed in as the Chiefs.... they will be back to defend their Conference 2 Name Championship...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
In with the Colts,lets see what I can do with Manning.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
In with the Colts,lets see what I can do with Manning.

After the long ball exhibition you put up last season you should have to play with the worst QB in the league. :D Just to make things fair. How about when you play me you use your second string QB? Yeah that works.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
After the long ball exhibition you put up last season you should have to play with the worst QB in the league. :D Just to make things fair. How about when you play me you use your second string QB? Yeah that works.

:lol

Lonestar

well, if CK's considering again, and jobber's in...should I??? And will I take back the Seahawk Mantle!

EH?

jobber is already in.

ck/lonestar if you guys want in you have to let me know for sure because the league i created is a 10 man league. i would have to recreate a 12 man league

Lonestar

If it's stuck on 11 now, I guess I'll be in too.

CK, do we dare go for the same division???

Top Bottom