• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official May 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Parl

bmf said:
Seperate, seprate, definately, and my personal favorate proabally, are all dialect/accent problems. :p Even worse, I sometimes wonder how how non-rhotic dialects like Bostonian or Austrailian (spelled how someone with a Midland accent, also known as American Broadcast, would think it might be spelled) manage to spell words like card, bird, and juggernaut.

I hope the previous paragraph didn't hurt anyone.

Well, I'm not Nottinghamshire, UK, from a town that's full of chavs and used to make the best tights in the world.

Parl

bmf said:
I think that's it. Cut off. End of the line. Hope you weren't too late Sphinx.

Well, his numbers are exactly the same/very similar to the few others who made the same calculations. Not that that makes them invalid as such, just cheeky.

Sule

Could somebody please confirm if it's 2 and a half hours from now (different timezone, conflicting reports about EDT on the internet)?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sule said:
Could somebody please confirm if it's 2 and a half hours from now (different timezone, conflicting reports about EDT on the internet)?

Yes. It's 4:11 in NY right now.

YYZ

I know it's cut off, but I'll do it for fun since I'm waiting for May numbers.

Nintendo DS - 480k
Wii - 330k
PlayStation 2 - 160k
PlayStation Portable - 175k
Xbox 360 - 165k
Game Boy Advance - 60k
PlayStation 3 - 70k
GameCube - 8k
Xbox - Unlisted

I didn't put too much thought into those :lol

Gio_CoD

Banned
I know it's closed, but these are my "for fun" guesses:

1.) NDS - 410K
2.) Wii - 270k
3.) PS2 - 200K
4.) PSP - 190K
5.) 360 - 175K
6.) PS3 - 100K

I missed the deadline too but here are my guesses:
[NDS] 430k - Continuing to show Pokemons
[WII] 370k - Just selling everything they ship.
[PSP] 169k - Price drop effect over already.
[360] 185k -Maybe will be the month where it beats the PS2
[PS2] 180k - The energizer bunny of consoles.
[GBA] 82k - Barely wins the grudge match over the
[PS3] 80k - Oh Sony!
[GCN] 11k - Just die already.

sonycowboy said:
It'll be awhile before the official results are posted, but SW sales are spectacular.

FFFFFFFORRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(?)

No wonder Che hasn't posted in a while. He's probably schlitzed.

GhaleonEB

DSWii60 said:
:lol I'll try to stay awake but are you sure the news will be posted on the internet at that time or is there a delay?
First line of the post:

NPD Release: June 14th @ 4:30 p.m. EDT (thread posted around 6:30 p.m. EDT)

There can be some variability because SC has to get home to post it, and his commute isn't always smooth. But it should go up around that time, give or take fifteen minutes.

DSWii60

GhaleonEB said:
First line of the post:

NPD Release: June 14th @ 4:30 p.m. EDT (thread posted around 6:30 p.m. EDT)

There can be some variability because SC has to get home to post it, and his commute isn't always smooth. But it should go up around that time, give or take fifteen minutes.

Ah yes, I really should've read the OP again (I read it a few days ago, didn't absorb all the info).

Parl

Dirtbag 504 said:
Nah, I think under 100k would be enough to bring Gaf down, as the whole ubisoft 3 strikes thing will start coming full circle.
What Ubisoft 3 strikes thing?

szaromir

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
Nah, I think under 100k would be enough to bring Gaf down, as the whole ubisoft 3 strikes thing will start coming full circle.
Was it Ubisoft? I thought it was anonymous source. Anyway, it should be funny. Especially when you think of the fact, that is sales didn't raise after Sony Gamer's Day, they won't be higher in June. But shhh, let's wait and see what happens.

DSWii60

How come sonycowboy gets the numbers on the net before anyone else? Even the big 3 media sites don't get the numbers up as quick as he does.

Parl

DSWii60 said:
How come sonycowboy gets the numbers on the net before anyone else? Even the big 3 media sites don't get the numbers up as quick as he does.

NeoGAF is the best gaming website on the net, and will remain that way for months to come.

Chiggs said:
It's not worth it, dude. Get a good night's rest, then enjoy the inevitable shitfest tomorrow.

Have you ever tried to read an NPD thread 12 or more hours after it hit? It's 30 pages of madness that'd grow to 50 pages by the time you get your first set read.

FrankT

DSWii60 said:

Not always the case. As we saw last month.

GhaleonEB

DSWii60 said:
They probably do - but they are not allowed to post it until a set time. NPD provides the data an hour or so in advance so the press can prepare their articles for when the NDA expires.

sonycowboy said:
It'll be awhile before the official results are posted, but SW sales are spectacular.

Will Forza 2 hit 250 or 300k in a week? Same for Mario Party 8? How many more copies did Pokemon and Guitar Hero 2 sell? Is Wii Play still going strong? Did any of the licensed movie games on the PS2 or 360 make the top ten?

Software > Hardware

Tobor

dammitmattt said:
Will Forza 2 hit 250 or 300k in a week? Same for Mario Party 8? How many more copies did Pokemon and Guitar Hero 2 sell? Is Wii Play still going strong? Did any of the licensed movie games on the PS2 or 360 make the top ten?

Software > Hardware

I don't know, that's compelling. But the "How low can PS3 go" limbo is amusing as well.

pswii60 said:
Was ist das?

N'gai (or the person he was corresponding to?) implied that third parties would start stopping production on PS3 multiplatform SKUs if the console sold under a hundo three months in a row.

The other person doubted they had the stones, as do I.

Would this be the third month though? What was betwixt here and 82k?

Top Bottom