• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oprah Winfrey episode with Wakeem Pheonix?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Did anyone catch the interview with Wakeem Pheonix(Walk my Line, Gladioter, Village) and Opra Winfrey? I heard he was so nervous he threw up and they had to end the interview or some shit like that.

I really really want to see it. Are any sites I can go to that have back episodes of Oprah?

Megat0n

No, but I saw the Extra (celeb news show) episode where they interviewed her and she mentioned that he was nervous in the dressing room, but was fine on stage.

Dilbert

30hak.jpg

"English, motherfucker...do you speak it?"

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Megat0n said:
No, but I saw the Extra (celeb news show) episode where they interviewed her and she mentioned that he was nervous in the dressing room, but was fine on stage.

Yeah me too. That's exactly Y I am interested in seeing it :)

isamu

the year 20XX said:
Walk my Line?

edit: is Joaquin Phoenix semi-retarded, or is he just really good at playing semi-retarded guys?

Are you saying Johnny Cash was retarded?

Bring the Oprah interview please.

isamu said:
Are you saying Johnny Cash was retarded?

Bring the Oprah interview please.

No. I'm definitely not saying that at all. I guess it's just that the strongest impression I have of him is from To Die For, and that sticks with me through all of his performances.

Although it remains to be seen if Joaquin plays Cash as retarded.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
he was on oprah before for the Ladder 49 episode with ugly-cry Travolta.

ever see travolta cry? His lips suck in and his face looks like a shiny Odo.

He really doesn't like talking about his personal life and focuses a lot on strictly being a good, serious actor. I love him, he's one of my favortites.

the year 20XX said:
edit: is Joaquin Phoenix semi-retarded, or is he just really good at playing semi-retarded guys?
You need an acid bath.

Wakeem is funny, but considering I only heard it pronounced that way within the last few months and had been assuming it was something closer to "Joe-quinn" for a couple years, I'm in no position to throw a stone.

bud

isamu said:
Oprah Winfrey episode with Wakeem Pheonix?

Did anyone catch the interview with Wakeem Pheonix(Walk my Line, Gladioter, Village) and Opra Winfrey? I heard he was so nervous he threw up and they had to end the interview or some shit like that.

I really really want to see it. Are any sites I can go to that have back episodes of Oprah?

:lol :lol :lol

What u been smokin' dog?

:lol

isamu

Megat0n said:
Since it happened in the dressing room, there wouldn't be footage of it.

how do you know it happened in the dressing room?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Bataman said:
He really doesn't like talking about his personal life and focuses a lot on strictly being a good, serious actor. I love him, he's one of my favortites.

Me too, I love him to bits. One of best things about Gladiator, for me, was his Commodus.

Ripclawe

Banned
Joaquin Phoenix was so nervous about promoting his new movie Walk The Line on the Oprah Winfrey Show that the talk show queen had to coax him onto the stage.

The actor - who plays Johnny Cash in the new biopic - tried to back out of the chat, because he feared vomitting on TV.

Oprah, who is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the show, tells Us Tv show Extra, "Nervous is not the word. He was a wreck. I've never seen nervous like that before.

"I had to go in the green room, and literally said to him, 'You don't have to put yourself through this.' He said, 'I think I'm going to throw up.'

http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-igwnwvexges8nov11,0,5859292.story?coll=sfe-news-wire

Triumph

Banned
Ha! I think I remember reading somewhere that he developed some sort of pill addiction during filming Walk the Line.

Willco

Hollywood Square
This goes hand in hand with what he said at the Walk the Line premiere last week. He's officially lost his goddamn mind.

Joaquin Phoenix said:
Do I have a large frog in my hair? Something’s crawling out of my scalp.… I’m not worried about looks. I feel it! I’m worried about the sensation of my brain being eaten.

WTF, dude? Crack? Speed? WHAT IS IT THAT YOU'RE ON?

Triumph

Banned
Willco said:
This goes hand in hand with what he said at the Walk the Line premiere last week. He's officially lost his goddamn mind.

Dianetics, bro. You'll know all about it if you stay in Hollyweird long enough.

Hitokage said:
Hey, whatever happened to the Duke?

I'm back in my old tax bracket and safe from those who sought vengeance upon me. I am Triumph once again, as it was foretold(or something). Time for more booze!

hXc_thugg

Willco said:

If I was a celebrity I would only say weird stuff like that in interviews. Some reporter would ask me a question and I would just say something to the effect of "Your face looks like colon cancer." Then maybe I would do a jig.

hXc_thugg said:
If I was a celebrity I would only say weird stuff like that in interviews. Some reporter would ask me a question and I would just say something to the effect of "Your face looks like colon cancer." Then maybe I would do a jig.

:lol :lol :lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
:lol Isamu is a riot. His stupidity...or ignorance, I guess...knows no boundries.

Top Bottom