• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscars 2023: Naatu Naatu song from Indian film RRR primed to make history

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Is it just me, or is it an utterly shit and boring song?

And dancing and cinematography isn't even that good for what its supposed to be.

It is a boring song. It's so telling that quality doesn't count anymore, the only thing that's important is ethnicity: "First time oscar for best supporting actor oscar goes to a deaf actor" ... "First oscar for best cinematography won by a disabled Mexican midget" ... "First time a blind seamstress wins the oscar for best costume design" ...

And Hollywood is still wondering why nobody is watching the Oscars anymore ...

Tams

It is a boring song. It's so telling that quality doesn't count anymore, the only thing that's important is ethnicity: "First time oscar for best supporting actor oscar goes to a deaf actor" ... "First oscar for best cinematography won by a disabled Mexican midget" ... "First time a blind seamstress wins the oscar for best costume design" ...

And Hollywood is still wondering why nobody is watching the Oscars anymore ...

Yeah. It isn't catchy and funny, like say Gangnam Style. Or absurd and funny like PPAP. Or fun and energetic like Jai Ho and Paper Planes.

Bragr

I don't think I have ever been able to watch a full music video of either Bollywood or K-pop. Don't they cringe in these countries?

Lasha

Is it just me, or is it an utterly shit and boring song?

And dancing and cinematography isn't even that good for what its supposed to be.

It's just you. The song and video is hype and it was a sensation around south and southeast Asia. The fact that a Telagu film blew up is pretty cool. I would have picked Dholida from gangubai though. RRR really overshadowed a lot of films.

Top Bottom