• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outer Range Trailer - Josh Brolin, Imogen Poots

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Wow. Haven’t seen Imogen Poots in anything in a while, I like her. My backlog is too long right now for this show though. Will watch it 28 weeks later.

AJUMP23

I'm no poker stud but
didn't his 2 pair beat her hand regardless? Not sure why he had the cheat card. May e she came out with a straight ir something?
HE had a full house which beat her straight flush. but the 2 pair would not have beat the straight. He needed the full house.

daveonezero

I like the show and love Brolin, but I hate the trope that someone discovers something amazing and keeps it for themselves / tries to hide it for whatever bullshit reason.
Yep. Menetioned this earlier. Hate that. The show is only going because he doesn’t tell anyone.

It would be better if he told his family and they were all sort of dealing with it.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Yep. Menetioned this earlier. Hate that. The show is only going because he doesn’t tell anyone.

It would be better if he told his family and they were all sort of dealing with it.
Agreed. But then the show would require a science oriented writer instead of the interpersonal conflict interested one we have. Somehow I'm beginning to doubt that a quantum physics PhD was consulted on this project.

All 8 episodes episodes of S1 are available now for those interested. I enjoyed it. Had a Western Twin Peaks feel.

While there are parts that are extremely slow and not worthwhile, I think the main drama is great, edge of your seat stuff. Basically, whenever Brolin is on screen, it's a great fucking show. Every two episodes gets a new director, which explains the inconsistency. Imo, episodes 5 and 6 are garbage compared to the rest (especially 5). Season finale has one hell of a cliff hanger and a lot of No Country For Old Men vibes.

AJUMP23

There is a great reveal about a Rollins character. But I found the show pretty interesting 75% of the time.

The one guy singing all the time was weird.

he was born in 1886

When Poots and her man are making out. That was a choice. Looks like 2 people that have never kissed.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

While there are parts that are extremely slow and not worthwhile, I think the main drama is great, edge of your seat stuff. Basically, whenever Brolin is on screen, it's a great fucking show. Every two episodes gets a new director, which explains the inconsistency. Imo, episodes 5 and 6 are garbage compared to the rest (especially 5). Season finale has one hell of a cliff hanger and a lot of No Country For Old Men vibes.

Yeah, there were slow aspects, I think especially Rhett and that girl he was crushing on, that whole storyline was a snoozefest and could have been entirely cut. Probably too much time dedicated to Rhett's rodeo shit overall too. But man the good weird stuff just got better as the show went along, this was overall a really fun and unique show. Though, I did see that one finale "reveal" coming a long time ago, so no surprise there - though Royal's reveal about his origin was unexpected. Really hope this gets a second season.

Last edited:
When Poots and her man are making out. That was a choice. Looks like 2 people that have never kissed.

Every time the singing guy and Autumn were on screen together it felt like a completely different show. In a bad way.

Yeah, there were slow aspects, I think especially Rhett and that girl he was crushing on, that whole storyline was a snoozefest and could have been entirely cut. Probably too much time dedicated to Rhett's rodeo shit overall too. But man the good weird stuff just got better as the show went along, this was overall a really fun and unique show. Though, I did see that one finale "reveal" coming a long time ago, so no surprise there - though Royal's reveal about his origin was unexpected. Really hope this gets a second season.

Agreed. A few of the side stories went nowhere and weren't interesting in the least bit. Thankfully, the main story was good enough to make me power through them. Actually, I began to fast forward through most of the side stories and it made little difference in the end. I'm also hoping we get a second season. So many questions left unanswered.

Valonquar

I went into this show suspecting full well it would end without closure, and I wasn't wrong. This better get a 2nd season. The singing was really out of place with the rest of the show, and the gross kissing close-ups too. Everything else was great.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I went into this show suspecting full well it would end without closure, and I wasn't wrong. This better get a 2nd season. The singing was really out of place with the rest of the show, and the gross kissing close-ups too. Everything else was great.
The singing was amazing to me lol

Shows how batshit insane that character is.. the delusions of grandeur stuff fit right in with it to me. Dude is super into himself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom