• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

Piper Az

1. Either Rare truly sucks balls and the folks at MS are completelt blind

or

2. PS3 will kick Xbox360's ass when it launches with its awesome graphics

please_end_yourself.jpg

Gek54

Piper Az said:
1. Either Rare truly sucks balls and the folks at MS are completelt blind

or

2. PS3 will kick Xbox360's ass when it launches with its awesome graphics

Probably 1 but 2 wouldnt be a bad deal.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously, tears are laughter are running down my cheeks right now. WTF is this shit. Someone scraped their ass across the screen. This is Halo quality at BEST, except Halo...looked better.

This is the day God died.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it possible for a competition to end before it has even begun?

Nintendo knew what they were doing. I think all RARE has done in the past 4 years is sit around thinking what cool things should be in a game... without doing anything to improve the actual game. The game still looks like an incomplete Gamecube game.

More brilliant damage control from the TeamXbox boards:
IT IS IN ALL POSSIBILITY THAT THIS GAME WILL LOOK BETTER (even if just a little) AND RUN AT A FULL 60 FPS 1080i, FULL ANTI-ALIAS, WITH ALMOST NO LOAD TIMES, AND A SINGLE PLAYER THAT KICKS HALO 2's SINGLE PLAYERS A**!!!!

THE FACT THAT YOU JUDGE IT ON WHAT HAS BEEN RELEASED SHOWS HOW VAIN ALL YOU HATERS ARE!!!!

Oh, and it's fun seeing people diss the game in French:
[51Love] [Niv: 239 Exp: 23689 Evo: 3] [Envoyer un message privé] [Mon Blog]
Posté le 13/05/2005 à 05:48 [Hors Ligne]

Et dire que le dernier artwork laissait présager que du bon............ J'espere vraiment que tout ça va évoluer .... c'est la tristesse sinon

[Nekosan] [Niv: 10 Exp: 952 Evo: 1] [Envoyer un message privé] [Mon Blog]
Posté le 13/05/2005 à 05:52 [Hors Ligne]

c'est pas terrible pour un tel devellopement

[51Love] [Niv: 239 Exp: 23689 Evo: 3] [Envoyer un message privé] [Mon Blog]
Posté le 13/05/2005 à 05:56 [Hors Ligne]

C'est le moins qu'on puisse dire...... Rareware va pas tarder à être innonder de mail de fans pas, mais pas du tout contents!!

Unison

Father_Brain said:
Oh, and it's fun seeing people diss the game in French:

Indeed:

Non, c'est bien sur Xbox 360.

Fuck la 360 la :'(

5000 polygones pour chaque personnage??? Mais... Leon, du Resident Evil 4 a 15000, non? et les zombies 5000 chaque, 10 zombies ... pas impresionant...

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Since it looks like what my source told me is correct, you guys don't really have that much to worry about in regards to how PD0 turns out. The graphics might not be up to par (it was only very recently moved over to the 360), but some of the gameplay inovation sounds sick. It was definately a mistake for Microsoft to show PD0 at this early stage, but when it releases, it will exceed everyone's (now much lower) expectaions.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
No way this game makes it for the November launch.

You'll probably be playing Halo 3 before PD:Zero.

Ramirez

Yea,this is really confusing,is that model from the MTV show the most current one or what?These 1Up screens are just pathetic,but the stuff shown in the MTV show didn't look terrible,still far from what I expected though.

Prine

Banned
yeah, watched that vid and it looks nowhere near as bad as the screens posted. Some of the stuff they were doing did look cool, some real nice gameplay tweaks, I can see that roll coming in handy.

Feel much better about it now, gameplay should rock, and graphics will obviously be recieving some major attention.

Cant wait to see more of PDZ, hopefully its playable at e3

m0dus

Banned
Fear not: A team has been dispatched from Redmond to deal with this thread.

Barricade.jpg

Fireteam3.jpg

:lol Gears of war to the rescue, eh? Some of the trolls can crawl back into your holes now.

I think all these PD0 shots were just tooooo damn early. Jeers to MS for rushing out incomplete work.

(btw, thanks again, thorns)

quetz67

Banned
I think all these PD0 shots were just tooooo damn early.

Sure, a game 5 years in development and 6 month from release couldnt look as good as a game engine 1 year in development and still 2 years from release.

Endymion

Can someone please rehost the 1up pictures somewhere? It's been an hour now, but I can't get access to the damn site (seems down for me).

Thanks.

m0dus

Banned
quetz67 said:
I think all these PD0 shots were just tooooo damn early.

Sure, a game 5 years in development and 6 month from release couldnt look as good as a game engine 1 year in development and still 2 years from release.[/QUOTE]

5 years in development, and switching platform/visual assets twice (GC to Xbox, Xbox to X360)?? it might as well have started development a year ago. Either way, I don't think those PD0 screens are by any means defendable--it looks like crap, plain and simple. But those people assuming that is the highwatermark for X360 visuals, I'd say they're sadly mistaken (especially considering the nature of the specs). Either way, I expect the game to improve vastly before lauch.

AniHawk

m0dus said:
Fear not: A team has been dispatched from Redmond to deal with this thread.

Barricade.jpg

Fireteam3.jpg

:lol Gears of war to the rescue, eh? Some of the trolls can crawl back into your holes now.

I think all these PD0 shots were just tooooo damn early. Jeers to MS for rushing out incomplete work.

Now that looks pretty good.

Ramirez

I wonder what the odds are that the Joanna shown in the MTV special is the single player model?It looks really good,IMO,but it sure as hell doesn't line up with that crap pic of her from 1UP :|

wldrhino

I'm not a Perfect Dark fan but to me what they showed on the MTV thing, the Game looked to be at the Alpha Stage of development.

About like 400 posts back someone said it right. "my xbox 360 woody is going limp". This was one of my main reasons for buying an Xbox 360 at launch. To make matters worse, I skipped out going to E3 to save money for all three next generation consoles. It's not to late though, AMN can still register me day off. I'm going to have to seriously consider this. Is E3 > Xbox 360? Keep in mind that I will be going in subsequent years for sure. I just can't stop ranting, sorry, but this game looks terrible. Killzowned look almost as good as this.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OK, I've just woken up, and in my bleary-eyed state of semi-sleep, i literally feel like this is a bad dream.

Top Bottom