• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Pan & Wendy | Official Trailer | Disney+

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyoZz

FqBsOdAaYAAL2KB

Peter Pan & Wendy is a live-action reimagining of the J.M. Barrie novel and the 1953 animated classic.
Streaming April 28, 2023 exclusively on Disney+

Directed by David Lowery (The Green Knight)

EwyXPyXXAAA8HIZ.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I was checking for a trailer for this just a day or two ago, I love the director. This trailer though, gee :lollipop_neutral:
Something pretty grim about the director of The Green Knight going from that to this.
Oh shit, did not know this, will definitely give it a watch, then. Still not getting my hopes up too high, though.
He also directed the remake of Pete's Dragon, definitely the best of Disney's slew of remakes. Disney knew the IP wouldn't make for a huge financial hit, so they gave him free reign to make whatever he wanted. He said he wasn't given the same freedom for Peter Pan & Wendy, so I haven't had the highest hopes for it. Still a bit high though. It's David Lowery...

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Thats the name of the novel.
Is this based on the novel or on the earlier Disney version coz most(all?) other Peter Pan movies didn't include it either.

And a quick look up of J.M. Barrie's work, the book is called just Peter Pan also.

Last edited:

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
HOOK is apparently Jude Law? I would have never clocked that. That. . .is some good costume and makeup work.

Aside from the Lion King remake which made shit loads of money, it sure seems like lots of Disney kids flicks do lousy lately in terms of sales or reviews.

DISNEY's live action remakes do solid business. Which is why this and the upcoming LITTLE MERMAID exist. I can't say that this one is going to be successful, but I'm not betting against DISNEY or their properties (there are a ton of billion dollar movies in the live action remake library of the last ten or so years).

Fbh

There's something ironic about Disney banning gingers from their soulless live action movies

Billbofet

No thanks.
They are so creatively bankrupt, you know this got greenlit simply off whoever pitched this saying......"And Wendy" That is the extent of their effort nowadays.
The fact that it is a Disney+ release all but guarantees it will blow.

SJRB

lmao at the pandering. Race-swapping key characters, girls in the Lost Boys because of course.

Can I just say that Peter has the charisma of a sack of potatoes? His line delivery in this trailer is terrible.

I'm glad David Lowery is getting paid and it looks visually quite striking at moments but zero faith in this not being another Disney shitshow.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

After Pinocchio I'm done with Disney's remakes. They fucking suck. Although I love Peter Pan so I'm probably going to see this. God-damned nostalgia.

I never read the book but we’re there girl lost boys? I know there wasn’t in other versions, or at least don’t remember there being any.

It looks kind of interesting to me and I like the focus on Wendy (I always thought pan was a spoiled brat) but I have zero faith in it not being Terribad.

Ulysses 31

The novel was originally titled Peter And Wendy

Then in 1915 the abridged version was published under the name Peter Pan And Wendy.
Well, you learn something everyday but I have a strong suspicion this title isn't there because the movie's aiming to be very accurate to the novel version(being also based on the 53 animation practically makes that a given).

Last edited:

JayK47

Oh god, not again. Why even bother posting Disney woke garbage anymore? They are going to have to insert a bunch of LGBT content in there and have sensitivity readers clean up and sanitize the script. Straight into the dumpster fire with this shit.

Toons

Well, you learn something everyday but I have a strong suspicion this title isn't there because the movie's aiming to be very accurate to the novel version(being also based on the 53 animation practically makes that a given).

You'd be wrong.

Check out the directors other works. This isnt the first time he's adapted a written work.

cormack12

Hmm, some parts looks very strange. But then there are scenes direct from the book as well.

I am interested so far.

Toons

Tyrone magnus reviewing a Peter Pan trailer is kinda telling on his own what kind of content creator he is lol

Before this thread goes south because of course it will,

Peter Pan was not originally a ginger, that was an adaptation. Tinker bell wss not originally blonde, that was an adaptation. The original book was titled the same as this movie is.

The only real tangible explicit change is with the lost boys group, which i really am not bothered by. This movies director is very very good, so I'm pretty much gonna give it a shot off of that alone .

Have fun in here yall!

Last edited:

Bragr

Culturally diverse lost boys with girls who break social norms and free women from the patriarchy!

I want some fucking native americans and sumo wrestlers in there too, and we need some midgets and fat wheelchair twinks to spice things up.

Bragr

Peter Pan was not originally a ginger, that was an adaptation. Tinker bell wss not originally blonde, that was an adaptation. The original book was titled the same as this movie is.
But this is a story about English kids in the nineteen hundreds.

Do black people really give a fuck if this would stay a classic English novel with white folks? do women think it's an affront that the lost boys are boys?

Tyrone magnus reviewing a Peter Pan trailer is kinda telling on his own what kind of content creator he is lol

Before this thread goes south because of course it will,

The only real tangible explicit change is with the lost boys group, which i really am not bothered by. This movies director is very very good, so I'm pretty much gonna give it a shot off of that alone .

Have fun in here yall!
I expected shit tbh. It really doesn't look that bad. I'm excited. I just hope it doesn't focus too much on wendy. I also wanted to be a permanent boy who fought pirates so I'm really there for Pan.

Toons

But this is a story about English kids in the nineteen hundreds.

Do black people really give a fuck if this would stay a classic English novel with white folks? do women think it's an affront that the lost boys are boys?
If you're referring to tinker bell, she isn't an English kid.

There were not white English kids in the 1900s anyway.

Instead of asking if black people give af, ask if white people give af about Tinker bell being another color because its a whire person making this movie lol

Fraludio

Neo Member
If you're referring to tinker bell, she isn't an English kid.

There were not white English kids in the 1900s anyway.

Instead of asking if black people give af, ask if white people give af about Tinker bell being another color because its a whire person making this movie lol
Yes we do. The backlash of this black washed tinkerbell in on full force across the internet.

Vestal

Why the fuck do people give a shit about some fictional characters skin color?(unless its some integral part of the story)

It's being outraged for outrage sake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom