• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie appreciation thread.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Pewds is great. I like his pew news segments.

It's hilarious to still see people get butt hurt about the "Death to Jews" thing. Wall Street manufactured that controversy by taking stuff out of context. As far as the actual comment, dark humor is still humor, and I love me some dark humor. If you are too thinned skinned to handle it then boy do I have a forum for you!

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I don't watch his videos often but he has some good Let's Plays. The Last of Us, Fahrenheit and Beyond Two Souls were good if I remember right.

Last edited:

TheContact

What don't you like about him? Like I said I never watched him until about two years ago, his older stuff is pretty average. But in his 'newer' videos he is hilarious, gives me a nice little boost every day.

if he was a better role model and wasn't a racist piece of shit I would probably be OK with him

TheContact

Lol what a hot take! You are clearly trolling. Not gonna take that lazy ass bait.

how is it a hot take? he has millions of viewers, most of them children, and most of them look up to him as a role model and emulate him. This is how children behave in case you didn't realize this. To deny that he's racist is....racist. Too many incidents with black people and Jewish people to pass off as a joke at this point. Unless you're racist yourself, then I can see why you don't think he's racist.

TrainedRage

Banned
how is it a hot take? he has millions of viewers, most of them children, and most of them look up to him as a role model and emulate him. This is how children behave in case you didn't realize this. To deny that he's racist is....racist. Too many incidents with black people and Jewish people to pass off as a joke at this point. Unless you're racist yourself, then I can see why you don't think he's racist.
Clearly you don't know very much about Felix or his demographic. It's fine if you think he is a racist, you just seem uninformed. Did you watch any of those videos where he was "being racist"? Because it's pretty clear that's not the case. If you could point out to me something he did that had clear racist intent and was not a joke I would consider changing my opinion. But yeah you seem like a troll bud.

TheContact

Clearly you don't know very much about Felix or his demographic. It's fine if you think he is a racist, you just seem uninformed. Did you watch any of those videos where he was "being racist"? Because it's pretty clear that's not the case. If you could point out to me something he did that had clear racist intent and was not a joke I would consider changing my opinion. But yeah you seem like a troll bud.

Just because you like someone doesn't mean your cognitive dissonance can kick in and erase all

I did. I saw him say N****R on stream.
I saw a video of his with the ending credits being prominent people in the Nazi party
I saw him play Conan Exiles and made himself look as much like Hitler and killings mobs he calls "Jews"
I saw the video where he paid some people to hold signs that said Death to Jews
I saw him tell jokes about "smashing", selling, or passing on people he would sell into slavery.
The Daily Stormer (racist nazi website) is a HUGE fan of PewDiePie. Wonder why...
I saw him face swap the Harambe gorilla with Leslie Jone's face

There's probably more too, I gave up on this asshole.
You can like him all you want it's a free country but open your eyes and don't ignore people's incredible faults just because you find them entertaining

to be fair he said he wasn't going to do any more Nazi jokes after Charlottesville, maybe that was sincere since he played ignorant and said he didn't know Nazis existed still...this is a man that runs the most popular youtube channel in existence, is very smart, yet says he didn't know Nazis were real. The dude lives in Sweden. It has one of the worst Nazis groups in existence! Just admit the man you like to watch is racist because to say otherwise given his history doesn't make his defenders look all that great.

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit

"He is just a racist and you can't argue it. If you disagree, then YOU are a racist!"

TrainedRage

Banned
Just because you like someone doesn't mean your cognitive dissonance can kick in and erase all

I saw a video of his with the ending credits being prominent people in the Nazi party
I saw him play Conan Exiles and made himself look as much like Hitler and killings mobs he calls "Jews"
I saw him tell jokes about "smashing", selling, or passing on people he would sell into slavery.
The Daily Stormer (racist nazi website) is a HUGE fan of PewDiePie. Wonder why...

You can like him all you want it's a free country but open your eyes and don't ignore people's incredible faults just because you find them entertaining

to be fair he said he wasn't going to do any more Nazi jokes after Charlottesville, maybe that was sincere since he played ignorant and said he didn't know Nazis existed still...this is a man that runs the most popular youtube channel in existence, is very smart, yet says he didn't know Nazis were real. The dude lives in Sweden. It has one of the worst Nazis groups in existence! Just admit the man you like to watch is racist because to say otherwise given his history doesn't make his defenders look all that great.
Lol so much wrong information. Just as expected. You know he lives in Brighton England right? You know one of his best friends Ethan (h3h3 a Jew) laughed at people calling him an antisemite. Whatever, he makes jokes if you can't handle those jokes thats on you. Don't watch. I meanwhile will enjoy the fuck out of his "Nazi bigot racist childish non comedy" God what a terrible person he is. Making jokes and such. I can't stand jokes REERRRReERrEEE!!!1

Dunki

Except the nigga part on stream everything else was to counter these ridiculous articles at that time. He played with all these people. As for the sign part. He told a lot of people doing stupid shit and he wanted to find something they would not do. HE also messaged one of these guys to paint a picture of him and send him a Himmler picture I think. But he did not do it. He was also surprised that these guys would do that.

I watched him a while and you can clearly see his views and also times when he jokes and trolls around. And people around him understand it. IF you can not differentiate between satire and real opinions I can not help you.

Harlock

3 years ago was never in my mind that I would be watching pewdiepie videos. But yeah, some are funny and I watch regularly. Is going to be even more crazy with the guy becoming older.

Only started getting into his channel when he got all that flack last year. I get a chuckle out of a lot of his stuff. He's got a good mind for memetics.

I've heard a lot of thise guy, of course, but I'm always underwhelmed every time I watch one of his videos. He sounds exactly like every other video blog guy...mumbling through commentary, throwing out an occasional bad joke, skipping a lot of the content he's playing, doesn't seem that good at the game he's playing, etc, etc.

Then I realized he's really famous because he was just at the apex of this video blog thing when it got big and it was less about him being really good at it.

I see no reason why we can't ignore these things. If he entertains someone, then his politics shouldn't matter one bit. It's very easy to separate someone's art from the person themselves...a lot of musicians work the same way. It's not like those watching him will ever meet or hang out with him.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Wow, I still can't believe that TesUsa was saying anti-semitic crap like "Death to Jews" and advertising neonazi sites like "The Daily Stormer". Despicable shit. And please don't start with this bullshit about context, context is just another excuse Nazis like PewDiePie use to explain their horrible actions.

Last edited:

TheContact

Lol so much wrong information. Just as expected. You know he lives in Brighton England right? You know one of his best friends Ethan (h3h3 a Jew) laughed at people calling him an antisemite. Whatever, he makes jokes if you can't handle those jokes thats on you. Don't watch. I meanwhile will enjoy the fuck out of his "Nazi bigot racist childish non comedy" God what a terrible person he is. Making jokes and such. I can't stand jokes REERRRReERrEEE!!!1

k i got one thing wrong even if you assume he isn't keeping up with swedish politics. saying his best friend is jewish is not any different than when racists say they have black friends. look at mel gibson, he said he had jewish friends but the dude's clearly an anti semite. you still think it's ok he said the N word on stream then tried to back out of it after he realized what he said? When people blurt shit like that out it's because they're used to saying it

Last edited:

TheContact

It's really hard to take any of the examples seriously when considering context (and his apologies for his mistakes), but to make a point...

WTH man? Why are you saying stuff like that? Bigot! Boooo!

Really, you're going for that fallacy?

more specifically Andrew Anglin the founder of the site writes articles like this:

and on January 22 he changed the page's logo to “The world’s #1 PewDiePie fansite” so your fallacy argument is completely oblierated

MR. GRUMPY - I've removed the site that you linked to after inspecting it, simply because of the bigoted, prejudicial "articles" found on it. I know that you weren't condoning what was on there but we'd really rather not be encouraging people to benefit that site by visiting it. I understand the reason for linking to it but lets try an be more careful about the types of sites that we link to from here.

Thanks you.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The world’s #1 PewDiePie fansite” so your fallacy argument is completely oblierated

Wow mate, seriously? As far as I know that website also endorsed the Wall Street Journal with that exact same slogan. By your ridiculous metric, WSJ is now a Nazi outlet... Get a grip, you're embarrassing yourself!

P.S.: Also I really really REALLY don't appreciate (to put it mildly) you linking that website. I clicked on it and I don't particularly feel like giving that website any traffic.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Wow, I've been reading on this Andrew Anglin. Did you know he really, really likes the white race? God, whites are fucking disgusting, how can they sit there and be supported by fucking neonazis? What a horrible race.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Goddamnit, in his bio it says he likes cookies. No more cookies for me, cookies are neonazi now. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I like him. I HATED him years ago when my kid would watch his screaming screeching videos tho l

I dont think hes a racist or a bigot. I think he just enjoys "shock/naughty" humor.
I dont think any color, sexual preference, religion, etc. should be in some "things we dont joke about box"

TrainedRage

Banned
I think this video is a very good commentary. I like when he does stuff like this. He is the most subscribed to creator but watching this make him seem so real. For lack of a better word. Clearly you can tell when he is making joke videos and making videos where he is talking about a more serious subject.

And one for fun.
"if Issac Newton is so smart then why is he dead!!!!"

Dunki

more specifically Andrew Anglin the founder of the site writes articles like this:

and on January 22 he changed the page's logo to “The world’s #1 PewDiePie fansite” so your fallacy argument is completely oblierated

MR. GRUMPY - I've removed the site that you linked to after inspecting it, simply because of the bigoted, prejudicial "articles" found on it. I know that you weren't condoning what was on there but we'd really rather not be encouraging people to benefit that site by visiting it. I understand the reason for linking to it but lets try an be more careful about the types of sites that we link to from here.

Thanks you.
I am pretty sure he condemned the site and its political voices. He can not chose who uses him and who not.

Orpheum

I don't watch as many youtubers as i did when i was like 18. Right now it boils down to H3H3, Jim Sterling, Chris Smoove (NBA recaps), IDubbbz and a few other ones. Most of these don't upload that frequently. Ever since Pewdiepie pretty much switched from gaming to pure Entertainment he has been much more enjoyable, his content definitely suits me.

TheContact

Wow mate, seriously? As far as I know that website also endorsed the Wall Street Journal with that exact same slogan. By your ridiculous metric, WSJ is now a Nazi outlet... Get a grip, you're embarrassing yourself!

P.S.: Also I really really REALLY don't appreciate (to put it mildly) you linking that website. I clicked on it and I don't particularly feel like giving that website any traffic.

no, saying wsj is a nazi outlet because they said the same thing about them doesn't make the wsj nazis, that is a fallacy. and i linked an onion article so you would have had to opened tor and copy and paste the link in there, and by reading the url you would have known what to click on. I won't link their site again though as I'm really not trying to promote traffic there

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
no, saying wsj is a nazi outlet because they said the same thing about them doesn't make the wsj nazis, that is a fallacy. and i linked an onion article so you would have had to opened tor and copy and paste the link in there, and by reading the url you would have known what to click on. I won't link their site again though as I'm really not trying to promote traffic there

For future reference, there is this wonderful site called Archive where you can post archived links that won't allow the site-in-question to gain traffic through clicks. This way you can use someone as evidence, but won't promote their site through clicks/views.

I don't watch as many youtubers as i did when i was like 18. Right now it boils down to H3H3, Jim Sterling, Chris Smoove (NBA recaps), IDubbbz and a few other ones. Most of these don't upload that frequently. Ever since Pewdiepie pretty much switched from gaming to pure Entertainment he has been much more enjoyable, his content definitely suits me.

This is pretty much me. I never really cared for PewDiePie, but his recent videos have had a lot more... entertainment value to them. If he continues to post funny vids, I will continue to watch.

I guess I'm a racist, then. I never knew. Thanks for letting me know!

You don't know what a fallacy is, apparently. Perhaps you should click the link that was provided. Here ya go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

no, saying wsj is a nazi outlet because they said the same thing about them doesn't make the wsj nazis, that is a fallacy.

You should read that post again. You are repeating exactly the point of the post to which you are replying.

The entire point being made was that just as you cannot say that the WSJ is a Nazi publication because it was "endorsed" by The Daily Stormer, you cannot say that PewDiePie is a Nazi because he was "endorsed" by The Daily Stormer, either. This isn't a falsehood or a lie. It is a fallacy; a failure in reasoning.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Pewds Monthly Book Review (22min)

-The Old Man In The Sea
-Moby Dick
-Man's Search For Meaning
-Toni Takitani

I hope you plebs read your books this month! :p

TrainedRage

Banned
Christ look what I have done....................... Article just came out basically trying to throw Felix under the PC culture bus and ya know, getting those views with clickbait =/

What’s up PewdiePie? The troubling content of YouTube’s biggest star
Childish, offensive and immensely popular, the YouTube star – whose real name is Felix Kjellberg – continues to command a huge audience. But what is he really saying?
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...he-troubling-content-of-youtubes-biggest-star

- "Pepe the Frog will also make appearances. As for Book Review, the final item on last month’s edition was Jordan B Peterson’s 12 Rules for Life. Kjellberg gave it a rave review. “I really enjoyed this book,” he said, “it made me understand people around me better.”

- "To call him an alt-right agitator would perhaps be unfair as he has never publicly identified with the proto-fascist movement. But he shares much of their culture and amplifies it across the world. People should pay PewdiePie more attention."

- "Data provided to Kjellberg by the company, which he screenshotted and posted during a 2017 video, suggested his largest demographic was among the 18-24 age group, followed by 25-34."

Its one of those articles that shows "how great he is" by insinuating he is a bigot, alt-right, Nazi.

Last edited:

Typhares

"Calling him alt-right would be unfair. But....", that doesn't show an incredible bias at all!

Philip DeFranco made a segment about it:

Last edited:

Mahadev

Modern "journalists" doing great research as per usual. And they wonder why people don't take them seriously anymore and trust bloggers and youtubers even more than them.

Pepe is now evidence of signs of proto-fascism. Fucking hacks...

Last edited:

camelCase

Dude needs to get rid of the beard, though. No one likes that half-irish early bloomer beard crap. Shave for a few months and come back when your face is an oily pool of brown and black and not shirley temple's scalp.

Grinchy

Banned
I was annoyed with him when his videos were just overreacting and pretending to be scared while playing shitty horror games like other youtubers. His recent content is pretty damn funny, though.

Mahadev

I was annoyed with him when his videos were just overreacting and pretending to be scared while playing shitty horror games like other youtubers. His recent content is pretty damn funny, though.

He actually made a video recently mocking his old vids by sarcastically overreacting to a shitty horror game.

Thanks you.

If I make a thread on /pol/ praising ResetEra, does that suddenly mean ResetEra and /pol/ share the same values?

Anyone can say they support anything, especially to troll and stir shit. Anglin routinely "endorses" Democrats just to stir shit. It's not evidence of anything.

Kenpachii

Dunno, maybe its because i grew up in the Netherlands ( different culture then US ). Where N word got used even on packages for food, people curse 24/7 on TV, gay people kissing each other in commercials already for decades. And people ridicule everybody to ridiculous levels from transgender towards jews, towards muslims. And have blackface every year as national holiday.

I would honestly want to see some US faces when they get presented with media like this:

e3491274-cf9d-43c4-bd20-f3bd213e007a

We Dutch people must be some special breed of everythingist then i guess.

I couldn't see how anybody is racist when they say the N word when they are mad, the american logic behind the N word and being a utter racist is just beyond comical to me. And those internet terrorists that haunt after people to get there life destroyed fighting the good cause is just beyond messed up.

If you want to label people you can pretty much put a label on every single person in the world for something. Beyond pointless and eventually completely meaningless.

Anyway, i personally dislike pewdiepie. It's your typical youtuber that is full of himself with endless cuts and weird voices to get the kids hooked. However business wise dude is a genius. He makes hella bank with his video's and therefore i can respect him.

Last edited:
Dunno, maybe its because i grew up in the Netherlands ( different culture then US ). Where N word got used even on packages for food, people curse 24/7 on TV, gay people kissing each other in commercials already for decades. And people ridicule everybody to ridiculous levels from transgender towards jews, towards muslims. And have blackface every year as national holiday.

I would honestly want to see some US faces when they get presented with media like this:

e3491274-cf9d-43c4-bd20-f3bd213e007a

We Dutch people must be some special breed of everythingist then i guess.

I couldn't see how anybody is racist when they say the N word when they are mad, the american logic behind the N word and being a utter racist is just beyond comical to me. And those internet terrorists that haunt after people to get there life destroyed fighting the good cause is just beyond messed up.

If you want to label people you can pretty much put a label on every single person in the world for something. Beyond pointless and eventually completely meaningless.

Anyway, i personally dislike pewdiepie. It's your typical youtuber that is full of himself with endless cuts and weird voices to get the kids hooked. However business wise dude is a genius. He makes hella bank with his video's and therefore i can respect him.

There was always a ton of reeeeing over Zwarte Piet on GAF - I remember it from the lurking I did during the dark times:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mean...tion-returns-for-another-celebration.1313190/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-...mas-it-isnt-christmas-is-about-jesus.1321374/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...r-tradition-of-zwarte-piet-is-racist.1288286/

If the dark times hadn't passed last year, I guarantee there would be topics from 2017 on this.

Forsete

Skrattar du, förlorar du!

I know he doesn't live in Sweden anymore, but I'd like to hear what he thinks of the current state of his homeland. Hopefully someone does an interview.

Top Bottom