• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Xenoflare

I honestly am apprehensive about the fate of turn based RPGs on modern consoles. I think it will sell fine, but I kinda doubt it will sell as well as Atlus wants. Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid. Hope I am.

It's slowly becoming one of the most wanted games both in Japan and in the West considering the fact that it's a JRPG. Unless Atlus has SE standards of "high sales" it would probably be one of the highest selling game from them.

Xenoflare

Conception 2 is only an Atlus game in the west. It was funded, developed and published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan. If you include their localizations and western indie games, Atlus' Vita lineup isn't as bad, but not something really worth noting. From Atlus JP, it's still Dragon's Crown and P4G.

I'd be surprised if SMTxFE is mostly developed by Atlus and not Intelligent Systems. If they're so strapped for staff, they shouldn't be devoting them to platforms like Wii U. While I know I'm advocating them making games on a platform no better in sales, at least you'll be able to count the total amount of RPGs on Vita with more than one hand.

While 3DS2 was hilariously delayed, it's not like their lineup on the platform completely fell apart.

If that were true, DAN would've likely already been released by now. There's a reason why Atlus has taken development internal.

I dunno, Atlus in general relies on ports or reused assets to make new games, (not that I hate them).

On the 3DS if you take away the ports and games where Atlus only serves as the publisher you would have SMT IV and EO4 and PQ. As least that's what I can think of. Catherine is the only game I can think of that's made by Atlus JP on ps360, Arena/Ultimax is a joint project where ArcSys does the work.

The vita is in an odd place for ports, since idealistically it should receive a port for Nocturne and the DDS games and PSP ate up all the other ports for older games (and it would require tons of work to make it look nice on the Vita), or the Raidou games, but I don't think they are going to work on them. I would love for a port of Nocturne though, but it's not going to happen.

^This kinda reminds me of the Extra Credits EP on why Vita is struggling, a bit too ahead in terms of power for devs to budget for a handheld game.

What I'm saying is that Atlus relies heavily on ports and publishing to make buff up their line ups, their output reduced drastically since PS3/360 took over, Vita doesn't have as much ports as 3DS did, coupling the fact that Vita is selling like shit outside of Japan it's not going to help.

I do agree with you on DAN though, I think you have a good point now that you mentioned it.

V-Jump Scans reveal other characters in the game.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Kaiba
Joey

GX
Chazz
Zane

5Ds
Jack
Crow

Zexal
Kaito
Shark

Arc-V
Gogenzaka
Sora

Synchron Extreme cards will be in the game and your Tag Force 6 username, deck recipes, and cards can be imported.
Price: 3000 yen tax included

Source

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
V-Jump Scans reveal other characters in the game.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Kaiba
Joey

GX
Chazz
Zane

5Ds
Jack
Crow

Zexal
Kaito
Shark

Arc-V
Gogenzaka
Sora

Synchron Extreme cards will be in the game and your Tag Force 6 username, deck recipes, and cards can be imported.
Price: 3000 yen tax included
It's cheap!
I guess that if they localize it and keep the cheap price i could forgive the apparent lack of 3d models(but i want at least 2d portraits during duels, and apparently they are in)

Sarcasm

Yay

141622534127776288156ioulq.jpg

Do I need to charge this for 24 hours before use or something?

Also: Atlus can we get a Catherine Vita port? Please?

More like a sequel, and tbh I wouldn't care if it wasn't on the Vita. The first game was just way too awesome.

Yay

Do I need to charge this for 24 hours before use or something?

I don't remember bothering myself with that. Tbh I find the battery on the Vita to be awesome. Whenever I am running out, I just plug it in and keep on playing since you are charging it while running on electricity. Battery life doesn't bother me too much anyway since it's very rare for me to actually bring my Vita outside of my house. It is a handheld, but really for me, it's just like any other home console lol.

I've had it since launch, I've done this since then, and the battery life is still the same as it was day 1 pretty much, so I think whatever you do, it'll be fine.

Going with the Final Fantasy route, I see.

Oh fuck. Lightning's gonna be in it?

Edit: On a more serious note, I was thinking whether to get Sengoku Musou 4 or Sengoku Musou Chronicle 3. I guess I'll just sit down and enjoy Highschool DxD New Fight.

@___@

P.S. I should get Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle.

So I've hit an issue with using a US PSN to buy games while being in the EU. You can't play them online...

Anyone know if there's a way around this? I've not bought any online-specific games, so it's not a huge issue, only things like leader boards etc. But if I wanted to get an online game, I'd have to pay the full, EU price unless there's a fix.

daydream

Banned
So I recently bougth the PSP version of Knights in the Nightmare and it came with a PSN code for the PSP version Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone. No idea if it still works but if it does, it must be US PSN only, I reckon. Anyway, seems like there was no interest for it in the B/S/T thread so I'm giving it away.

So, if anyone wants that code, send me a PM. I'll pick someone tomorrow. I guess try and sway me with some sort of reasoning. Can't guarantee that it hasn't expired, though (however, there's no expiration date on the voucher). Also, keep in mind that you'll have to download this on a PSP.

Shinriji

Let's go for it, guys. I can arrange something, if you're all fine with that.

Nice. Just remember to copy word by word the rules of the steam thread. We don't want problems with the mods. If you want help with something, PM me.

EDIT: And include PSTV in the thread as well.

Sarcasm

Thanks! Is the top part of the vita..the cover of the physical cart section I think not suppose to be flush?

It is level..but slightly sticks out.

daydream

Banned
Think my Vita might be dying unless PDF is super buggy. When I started up the game, I got a black screen and exiting out led to the buggy state I've experienced before (can't close any apps, can't shut down the system). Earlier, the music of a song cut out only leaving the sound effects. Now it's stuck on a loading screen.

Exiting out of the loading screen, and yup, back to everything being fucked again. *holds power button* What a quality device..

I dunno, Atlus in general relies on ports or reused assets to make new games, (not that I hate them).

On the 3DS if you take away the ports and games where Atlus only serves as the publisher you would have SMT IV and EO4 and PQ. As least that's what I can think of. Catherine is the only game I can think of that's made by Atlus JP on ps360, Arena/Ultimax is a joint project where ArcSys does the work.

The vita is in an odd place for ports, since idealistically it should receive a port for Nocturne and the DDS games and PSP ate up all the other ports for older games (and it would require tons of work to make it look nice on the Vita), or the Raidou games, but I don't think they are going to work on them. I would love for a port of Nocturne though, but it's not going to happen.

^This kinda reminds me of the Extra Credits EP on why Vita is struggling, a bit too ahead in terms of power for devs to budget for a handheld game.

What I'm saying is that Atlus relies heavily on ports and publishing to make buff up their line ups, their output reduced drastically since PS3/360 took over, Vita doesn't have as much ports as 3DS did, coupling the fact that Vita is selling like shit outside of Japan it's not going to help.

I do agree with you on DAN though, I think you have a good point now that you mentioned it.

Atlus is notoriously known for reusing assests. Just look at their PS2 output, Persona 3/4, the DDS games, and Raidou games.

After Persona 5 I suspect Atlus might increase their output using P 5's assets. Well in the very least I hope. I want a console SMT game.

And a Nocturne port for Vita pls
DDS ports seem more likely though.

The thread seems to go so much slower in the community ghetto :(

Think my Vita might be dying unless PDF is super buggy. When I started up the game, I got a black screen and exiting out led to the buggy state I've experienced before (can't close any apps, can't shut down the system). Earlier, the music of a song cut out only leaving the sound effects. Now it's stuck on a loading screen.

Exiting out of the loading screen, and yup, back to everything being fucked again. *holds power button* What a quality device..

Since the last two firmware updates my Vita has been super buggy.

antibolo

Banned

I've put dozens (if not hundreds) of hours into PDF and PDF 2nd, and never experienced any crash.

Takao

Banned

I honestly figured those Persona 3 movies were coming out in support of a Vita Complete port. There's still like one or two more movies left, but I dunno anymore. They have a load of other PS2 games they could've done proper ports to Vita.

It's cheap!
I guess that if they localize it and keep the cheap price i could forgive the apparent lack of 3d models(but i want at least 2d portraits during duels, and apparently they are in)

c'mon 2+2=5

Samurai Warriors 4-2 coming to PS4/3/Vita (can't post the link because it includes scans).

Announcing this now is only going to hurt Chronicles 3 on Vita, especially when you consider that it's a 3DS port with performance issues.

Slayven

If i get the disc version of minecraft do i get the vita version as well? And If so do i get the digital version of the ps3 minecraft as well?

nampad

I am in a dilemma, GTA 5 arrives a day before release but then I get invited to the Tomorrow Children alpha on the same day.

antibolo

Banned
I am saddened by how Project Diva F 2nd is drowned by all the AAA games releasing on the same day. The Drop didn't even mention it in their opening text.

Top Bottom