• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

injurai

Banned
well it's hard to work in beauty when you have froakie to work with, though they could do mystic/sagely .

I will be disappointed if it isn't that. If it is it has a chance to turn out the best.

I think fennekin will become generic and chespin will lose is glorious basic pokemon superiority.

Stage On

No, and at this point, I probably never will.

:(

1010519_681478621878109_1511080990_n.png

HenryGale

So I'm sitting on the train playing Dungeon Village and I have a thought.

ci1l76Zl.jpg

Similar to other Kariosoft games Pokemon would make an amazing simulator.

Imagine Gym Leader Story. Similar to the popular GameDev game.

PPW5YFu.png

Instead of a pokemon game where you gain badges, you start out as a new gym leader. You have to train and level up your pokemon. Build a gym type, which you could possibly change over time.

Gain enough respect to hire people to work in your gym, making it harder for trainers who would act as events to challenge you. Possibly gain notoriety by teaching a certain move to trainers who can beat you, making your gym popular.,

As well as competing in the league. You can also go as far as setting up the design of the gym, adding traps, mazes ect.

This would be an awesome sim game.

Wiseblade

So I'm sitting on the train playing Dungeon Village and I have a thought.

http://i.imgur.com/ci1l76Zl.jpg[IMG]

Similar to other Kariosoft games Pokemon would make an amazing simulator.

Imagine Gym Leader Story. Similar to the popular GameDev game.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PPW5YFu.png[IMG]

Instead of a pokemon game where you gain badges, you start out as a new gym leader. You have to train and level up your pokemon. Build a gym type, which you could possibly change over time.

Gain enough respect to hire people to work in your gym, making it harder for trainers who would act as events to challenge you. Possibly gain notoriety by teaching a certain move to trainers who can beat you, making your gym popular.,

As well as competing in the league. You can also go as far as setting up the design of the gym, adding traps, mazes ect.

This would be an awesome sim game.[/QUOTE]

As a standalone game, that sounds pretty shallow. And as a side feature in a mainline game, it could work as a souped up version of secret bases. Just turn the Badges into ribbons and make defeated leaders double as one-time move tutors.

HenryGale

As a standalone game, that sounds pretty shallow. And as a side feature in a mainline game, it could work as a souped up version of secret bases. Just turn the Badges into ribbons and make defeated leaders double as one-time move tutors.

I suppose.

I don't see why it couldn't work as a stand alone eshop styled game. Like the mobile games I was comparing it too. I know I won't ever get something like that on my phone, but a .99 game like that could be cool.

I think your side feature is a good idea too. I've often wished in the post game that you had to return every so often to face new challengers as the champion. It would be cool if you could build a gym and continue to level up your mons, so when you periodically get challenges you have to win.

I suppose.

I don't see why it couldn't work as a stand alone eshop styled game. Like the mobile games I was comparing it too. I know I won't ever get something like that on my phone, but a .99 game like that could be cool.

I think your side feature is a good idea too. I've often wished in the post game that you had to return every so often to face new challengers as the champion. It would be cool if you could build a gym and continue to level up your mons, so when you periodically get challenges you have to win.

It might not sell as a standalone, even as download-only. I think it would have better luck as a side feature, too. However... can we even make it have proper depth?

It'll probably get sidelined.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Let teamfennekin and teamforakie fight, since we all know teamchespin is on top.

GO GO TEAM CHESPIN!

Wiseblade

I suppose.

Because as an eShop game it ONLY going to sell to people who already have X/Y and at that prime you might as well just bundle it with the full price game that make it a worthwhile purchase so that people actually use it.

Oh man, a section on the Pokemon manga. I wish that got more exposure over here, the Pokemanga is its own special brand of insanity. And apparently it's much closer to the actual world Tajiri has in his head for Pokemon!

Oh man, a section on the Pokemon manga. I wish that got more exposure over here, the Pokemanga is its own special brand of insanity. And apparently it's much closer to the actual world Tajiri has in his head for Pokemon!

In the beginning, at the very least.

I wonder whether that still holds up in 2013, as opposed to late 90s.

Refyref

I'm sure no one in his right mind would imagine a world, story, or the basic idea of that fake manga up there, which I shall not name.

He was talking about Pokemon Special with that comment, and like CO said, not sure how it holds up today. That manga is the example of "trying too hard".

If this is true, I'm glad the games didn't turn out to be closer to what was in his head.

If this is true, I'm glad the games didn't turn out to be closer to what was in his head.

Yeah. I think it's probably way off right now - and being way off sometimes is the right way. You just can't be too sure with what you're doing when you're doing it for the first time.

I think he's probably looking at it again, and thinking strange things to himself.

JoeM86

Only the Pokémon Special manga was, somewhat. It was closer than the anime, sure, but the games are the core.

Top Bottom