• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular Animaniacs series canceled as characters shockingly killed off in final episode

javjtHD.jpg

I was kind of surprised at the low quality animation.

Was Rian Johnson attached to this project?

Even then, this is still more tasteful than the school shooting scene from Ms. Marvel.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It was already fair and necessary.

Even in the "Golden" era of Warner Bros. animation, he was always furious at Disney's success with his parodies.

Warner bros never beat Disney at any time

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
The "reboot" of Animainiacs was fucking terrible. They removed the vast majority of the characters, they made the Warning Siblings reactionary characters instead of characters who cause the mayhem, they were so heavy handed with political and ideological pandering that I wonder who this show was ever for.

Fucking insulting. Good riddance.

I faintly remember the old Fox show back when I was watching Batman the Animated Series. At that time, the only carttons I watched were BTAS and Simpsons.

I always found the tv promos showing Animaniacs really weird and annoying like the characters are all on drugs.

Doom85

The anti super hero task force went in to a school guns blazing and shot up the place. It was fucking crazy. Enough to put holes in walls and blast furniture around but OK for people.

Evil Eye Stare GIF by MOODMAN

You are aware the school was closed, right? And the task force lady who made the order went behind her superior’s back to do this. He told her to stand the fuck down when he found out she was having her team open fire on minors just because they were assisting a suspected terrorist. The entire local police force refused to help her as well. The show made it ridiculously obvious that her actions were way over the line.

This is hardly tasteless if one applies even the bare minimum of context. Christ, if the Sentinels start doing some of the shit they do in the X-men comics, the final Ms. Marvel episode is going to be as lighthearted as an episode of Blue’s Clues.

ManaByte

You are aware the school was closed, right? And the task force lady who made the order went behind her superior’s back to do this. He told her to stand the fuck down when he found out she was having her team open fire on minors just because they were assisting a suspected terrorist. The entire local police force refused to help her as well. The show made it ridiculously obvious that her actions were way over the line.

This is hardly tasteless if one applies even the bare minimum of context. Christ, if the Sentinels start doing some of the shit they do in the X-men comics, the final Ms. Marvel episode is going to be as lighthearted as an episode of Blue’s Clues.
What the fuck is context?

dave_d

The "reboot" of Animainiacs was fucking terrible. They removed the vast majority of the characters, they made the Warning Siblings reactionary characters instead of characters who cause the mayhem, they were so heavy handed with political and ideological pandering that I wonder who this show was ever for.

Fucking insulting. Good riddance.
The removed Hello Nurse and Goodfeathers didn't they? I haven't seen it but if they're gone there's no reason to watch.

Yeah, and less than two months after Uvalde.
Made my skin crawl.

Doom85

Yeah, and less than two months after Uvalde.
Made my skin crawl.

If you didn’t want to watch a show in which teenagers would be in potential mortal peril, why in the world were you watching Ms. Marvel, a show about a teenage superhero? Did you think she’d spend the whole series not fighting bad guys (and bad guys sometimes use guns)?

And I just can’t with the school comparison. There’s a world of difference between these real life students shooting up their own school when it’s open versus a task force hunting a few teens hiding out in a closed school with no one else in it. Not to mention said teens engage in some Home Alone shenanigans in the school, and it’s only outside the school when things get more serious, and the whole thing involves super powers to boot. Comparing this to a legit school shooting tragedy is more of a stretch than Kamala’s stretchy arms could make.

Last edited:
Wacko got whacked?

I need to open my DVD set. I remember the intro vividly from when I was a kid but nothing about the show itself really.

JCK75

While back I came across an interview with the guy that does the voice or Whacko, and it fascinated me what I learned about licensed songs in advertising and his history or being sued by legendary artists for sounding too much like them.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There was no way in today’s society of soft willed adult children that this series was going to be funny again in anyway. It was doomed from the start.

Top Bottom