• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible PS5 leak info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darius87

Wouldn't it be better, cheaper and more convenient to just press L1 and show those maps, items or tracks on your tv?
I don't think it's more convenient you just have to look down with your eyes don't need necessary move your head actually this is preference thing some like it some not personally i'm all in for innovation & changes, also mirror in racing games would be cool feature.
You can't look at the controller and the screen at the same time.
There's no need for that, same as pressing button shows map, meniu etc.. on full screen, unless its minimap...

Last edited:

onQ123

Use of DLSS and raytracing is what gives this fake status.

DLSS is nvidia exclusive technology. Unless they will replace AMD for gpu manufacturer this will not happen.
Secondly current any raytracing requires TOP END not just high end hardware to run games at half the framerate you expect of them to run.

That's only if you're throwing old ideas at new problems. I'm welling to bet that raytracing hardware is going to be cheap & all in phones & tablets in the next few years.

ANIMAL1975

What's the purpose of a screen in the controller? you can only look at one place at a time. Wouldn't it be more convenient to just press a button and see on the screen whatever you were supposed to see on the controller screen?

Also, if they really want a second screen, wouldn't it be better to just use your phone screen as some games are already doing on PS4?
In game selfies 🤳

thelastword

Banned
These popped up on that other forums thought I would bring them here.

daefuievwaaeq8t-jpg-large-jpg.14183

I'm inclined to believe this more than anything else right now......Colors, fonts etc...seem similar to that PRO document that was leaked before PRO went primetime....Looks a bit more authentic overall and specs seems more inline with what I expect from a PS5......The caveat being it's still preliminary, so I expect a boost in TF count from the GPU....

This just seems solid to me, preliminary specs will not be detailed as some of the other rumors show...You realize the specs are just basic, 8 core Ryzen, 32 GB GDDR6, the 14.2TF GPU, It shows that's what they are aiming for and nothing is set in stone, things can definitely change, most probably for the better, but it's their base target... Also, Sony could divulge the TF count of the GPU because this is most probably the spec for the mid-tier Navi GPU, since they are working closely with AMD on it, and could probably flesh out that detail. It could also be Cerny's base target for 4k graphics across the board with next gen visuals. Yes folks, the spec changes the higher the rendering pipeline and with improved graphical fidelity and features....

Based on what I've been hearing, AMD is really going all out with it's next gen CPU and GPU's, things are really coming together, so things bodes extremely well for PS5 on all fronts......I think bandwidth is important, depending on the speed they use, this 32 GB setup can probably hit 1152 GB/s, I think that will be important for the higher end GPU's pushing 4k across the board with advanced graphical techniques, much better CPU's pushing better physics, higher draw distance and better AI, 60fps... The GPU pushing elements of raytracing via compute, you need high bandwidth on a console going forward, especially in an APU setup....This is no longer the Jaguars we're dealing with, they can do much more and so is the GPU, so the higher the bandwidth the better...

Also, I see many people talking about power limits and cooling etc...These consoles will be cooled sufficiently, they are not thin edge laptops...Besides, I have no problem with a console pushing 300-400 watts at max, but we know we won't need all that, yet PSU technology have improved amazingly well for smaller form factors and we will be able to get lots of power-delivery and throughput in SFF's going forward....Node shrinks are a thing, more power with a smaller footprint, less heat, but they can push tech in a console too because cooling for solutions for SFF's like the NUC, that chinese console are pretty stellar on much higher nodes atm...

1TB SSD, I called it, but more importantly, it's what I'd like to see......That's why I'm stoked for 32GB of RAM and SSD's because much better loadtimes with the higher tier visuals at 4k will be a thing......Yes, I want pretty visuals with 4k textures across the board, higher rez effects, better Ai, larger worlds, better physics, but I don't want these things taking a decade to load in.....32Gb, SSD, lots of bandwidth is the way to go...

NO7

Neo Member
with all due respect to this osiris guy but your hunger for ps5 news kinda makes you guys blind.. why should he have some intel on those things and why would he post it here??
i mean we roughly know what its going to look like!

8 Core Ryzen Cpu
Navi Gpu with 10-12TF
most likely 16 gb gddr5x or gddr6

thats mainly it.. maybe a little more here and a little less there but that will be the specs for the ps5 and thats not surprising at all. Like i said with all due respect to him, his "source" will not make it credible for me and wont confirm anything we dont already know.
Sry but i don't get the fuss around this guy and his holy insider info... :)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
with all due respect to this osiris guy but your hunger for ps5 news kinda makes you guys blind.. why should he have some intel on those things and why would he post it here??

8 Core Ryzen Cpu
Navi Gpu with 10-12TF

thats mainly it.. maybe a little more here and a little less there but that will be the specs for the ps5 and thats not surprising at all. Like i said with all due respect to him, his "source" will not make it credible for me and wont confirm anything we dont already know.

Probably because these are some of the most fun times when it comes to speculation, etc.. I remember it was these types of rumors/posts that drew me to GAF as a lurker over 6 years ago, and then the following year I finally created an account.

NO7

Neo Member
Probably because these are some of the most fun times when it comes to speculation, etc.. I remember it was these types of rumors/posts that drew me to GAF as a lurker over 6 years ago, and then the following year I finally created an account.

dont get me wrong! i love to speculate aswell especially when it comes to console specs but i think we're already past that point cause the specs wont surprise anyone and for the most part will be pretty much those we posted in numerous threads.
Osiris doesnt know anything we dont already know and is probably sunbathin in the spotlight and I'm just not bitin..
But hey its all <3

I personally think that he didn't want to give any more info because it might expose his source. He's probably waiting for another leak first imo

Very good possibility but then handled behind the scenes with the Mods.

You simply can't make statements that have been made then not deliver, this is the intra web, we demand instant info ;)

8 Core Ryzen Cpu
Navi Gpu with 10-12TF

He actually had info about the PS4 pro about 2 weeks before it was announced if I can remember

He actually had info about the PS4 pro about 2 weeks before it was announced if I can remember

This has me more interested then his actual info if I am being honest.

He said in one of his posts he is waiting for something else to leak before he posts his stuff.

So I am more hoping we get an actual reveal sooner than later if this trend continues.

Geki-D

Banned
Hold on...

It will have a 4k blu ray player
We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch [...]
Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)
Seems his info isn't always spot on.

NO7

Neo Member

There is absolutely nothing thats "insider worthy". I mean nearly all of those things are so basic to think of and partly just false..
I know you can say like it wasn't finalized and thats the reason why some parts were scrapped out but to me he's just someone whos pretending to know things and when then time comes (like know) hes just droppin some basic stuff and thats it. nothing to it! but thats just me :)

Geki-D

Banned
There is absolutely nothing thats "insider worthy". I mean nearly all of those things are so basic to think of and partly just false..
I know you can say like it wasn't finalized and thats the reason why some parts were scrapped out but to me he's just someone whos pretending to know things and when then time comes (like know) hes just droppin some basic stuff and thats it. nothing to it! but thats just me :)
It really depends on whether it was the very first info we heard of the pro existing. Honestly, if it wasn't then yeah, it really isn't very impressive. Most of what he said there is either wrong or "never came about".

It really depends on whether it was the very first info we heard of the pro existing. Honestly, if it wasn't then yeah, it really isn't very impressive. Most of what he said there is either wrong or "never came about".
I was actually following that thread back then and yeah not all he stated came true but for the most part it was a legit leak . He also actually named two of his sources back then so I dobut he is just guessing IMO. On another note when has a leak ever been 100% spot on ?????.

This comment in the "leak" post from last year struck me as odd...
Price is currently $399.99 they were discussing a better CPU which would raise the price to $499.99 we were guaranteed the price will be no higher than $499.99 (He mentioned the CPU upgrade quite a bit almost as if they haven't really decided on a final spec could be a pricing issue.)
According to Phil Spencer it was basically just a fact of life that they weren't going to get a better CPU into the X1X. It's doubtful that there was any real consideration to get a $100 better Jag alternative CPU into the Pro. If anything that theoretical "Model B" alternate probably had UHD Blu-Ray and a better cooler so they didn't have to drop the clocks so much.

Regardless, that leaked spec post was from March 30, 2016.

There was plenty of info on Polaris 10 by this point and this Kotaku article dates March 18, 2016.

Toe-Knee

This comment in the "leak" post from last year struck me as odd...

According to Phil Spencer it was basically just a fact of life that they weren't going to get a better CPU into the X1X. It's doubtful that there was any real consideration to get a $100 better Jag alternative CPU into the Pro. If anything that theoretical "Model B" alternate probably had UHD Blu-Ray and a better cooler so they didn't have to drop the clocks so much.

Regardless, that leaked spec post was from March 30, 2016.

There was plenty of info on Polaris 10 by this point and this Kotaku article dates March 18, 2016.
But Sony would have had more budget to put towards the cpu due to the gpu & memory differences

Last edited:

joe_zazen

It would be supercool if the controller split apart, and was able to hook onto either side of a mobile device. It would probably have to be android because Apple wont allow anything that might hurt their game sales.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
These popped up on that other forums thought I would bring them here.

daefuievwaaeq8t-jpg-large-jpg.14183
Those text fonts look edited. Look at 1, 2018, it is bolder than everything else in the text, same goes for 14.20, 32 and so on. Might very well be the PS4 Pro pages modified to reflect a PS5.

And Project Epsilon? Usually a codename is leaked far earlier than the actual document. Is any of that true?

But Sony would have had more budget to put towards the cpu due to the gpu & memory differences
Phil wasn't talking about price, it was simply just that there was no other choice. If that was the case, then AMD's semi-custom options wouldn't have included Ryzen for 2016 PS4K launch.

"they were discussing a better CPU which would raise the price to $499.99...He mentioned the CPU upgrade quite a bit"...UHD BD, more RAM, higher memory bandwidth, better/quieter cooler...all these would make considerably more sense than a phantom $100 CPU upgrade for a 30fps system looking to run PS4 games at 4K checkerboard in 2016. That type of CPU upgrade would be aimed at 60fps render target. Sony and MS went "Fat GPU, tiny CPU" route for console oriented 30fps target.

Regardless, the Kotaku article pre-dates his leak by 12 days. Polaris 10 performance was generally known and it was assumed in tech articles pre-dating his "leak" that a Polaris 10 GPU for a PS4K console would be baseline about twice as powerful as the PS4 GPU.

Last edited:
I don't think it's more convenient you just have to look down with your eyes don't need necessary move your head actually this is preference thing some like it some not personally i'm all in for innovation & changes, also mirror in racing games would be cool feature.

There's no need for that, same as pressing button shows map, meniu etc.. on full screen, unless its minimap...
When you look at your TV, the controller is displaying an image for nobody, and when you look at the controller, your tv is displaying an image for nobody.

Whatever you can display on the controller screen, you could just display it on the tv. It will look bigger, better, you don't even have to readjust or move your eyes.

Adding a screen to the controller is going to make it pricier and reduce the battery life. And it will also be the easiest part to break if you happen to drop it.

I also like change and innovation, but just don't see any benefit to adding a screen to the controller.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

When you look at your TV, the controller is displaying an image for nobody, and when you look at the controller, your tv is displaying an image for nobody.

Whatever you can display on the controller screen, you could just display it on the tv. It will look bigger, better, you don't even have to readjust or move your eyes.

Adding a screen to the controller is going to make it pricier and reduce the battery life. And it will also be the easiest part to break if you happen to drop it.

I also like change and innovation, but just don't see any benefit to adding a screen to the controller.
It was great on the dreamcast having health etc displayed on the controller constantly that you could see at a glance faster than going into menu.

Plus huds suck

Geki-D

Banned
I was actually following that thread back then and yeah not all he stated came true but for the most part it was a legit leak . He also actually named two of his sources back then so I dobut he is just guessing IMO. On another note when has a leak ever been 100% spot on ?????.
Sure but then pretty much everything he said was wrong beyond the Pro existing and it wasn't the very first leak either. I could say right now I have the inside info on the PS5 and when it turns out what I said wasn't true, just say "Well they made changes, I was going off old info but the PS5 exists, right?! See I was right!".

In regards to Pro this is pretty much that leak in a nutshell:

-18/3 Kotaku breaks the story.
-30/3 Osiris comes forward with info that turns out to be wrong.

What exactly is meant to be impressive here? The only thing he said that wasn't wrong was that there would be no benefits to already release games... And that was very quickly changed. More than probably guess work.

Last edited:
This will be a chiplet generation.

I don't think you'll see a monolithic die from either console company. The memory bandwidth will have to compensate tho.

Last edited:

NO7

Neo Member
Sure but then pretty much everything he said was wrong beyond the Pro existing and it wasn't the very first leak either. I could say right now I have the inside info on the PS5 and when it turns out what I said wasn't true, just say "Well they made changes, I was going off old info but the PS4 exists, right?! See I was right!".

This!

Darius87

I don't see how that could be a problem for someone.
Personally don't like it hold options in RDR2 or other games to pop up map every minute and minimap doesn't show far enough for me & takes up big chunk screenspace, i don't know how hard could be to look down for someone like you, even though i move my eyes everytime when playing (on 55inch tv).
It will drain more battery, but i guess battery life should increase with hardware, to me touch screen is worth all the risks because it could be used in many creative ways, and what features besides touchscreen sony could add more buttons? touchscreen could have whole keyboard if needed, it's logical upgrade from touchpad.

KingT731

https://wccftech.com/amds-david-wan...-dxr-until-its-offered-in-all-product-ranges/

AMD Won’t Implement DirectX RayTracing (DXR) In Games Until Its Offered In All (Gaming) Product Ranges

The biggest implication I can think of is that future consoles like the PS5, which are always based on AMD tech, will probably not be supporting DXR either.

Basically full scale ray tracing tanks performance so hard there's no point in using it currently. Likely will be some 3rd party solution akin to the limited ray tracing used in Killzone Shadowfall.

RaijinFY

I'm inclined to believe this more than anything else right now......Colors, fonts etc...seem similar to that PRO document that was leaked before PRO went primetime....Looks a bit more authentic overall and specs seems more inline with what I expect from a PS5......The caveat being it's still preliminary, so I expect a boost in TF count from the GPU....

This just seems solid to me, preliminary specs will not be detailed as some of the other rumors show...You realize the specs are just basic, 8 core Ryzen, 32 GB GDDR6, the 14.2TF GPU, It shows that's what they are aiming for and nothing is set in stone, things can definitely change, most probably for the better, but it's their base target... Also, Sony could divulge the TF count of the GPU because this is most probably the spec for the mid-tier Navi GPU, since they are working closely with AMD on it, and could probably flesh out that detail. It could also be Cerny's base target for 4k graphics across the board with next gen visuals. Yes folks, the spec changes the higher the rendering pipeline and with improved graphical fidelity and features....

Based on what I've been hearing, AMD is really going all out with it's next gen CPU and GPU's, things are really coming together, so things bodes extremely well for PS5 on all fronts......I think bandwidth is important, depending on the speed they use, this 32 GB setup can probably hit 1152 GB/s, I think that will be important for the higher end GPU's pushing 4k across the board with advanced graphical techniques, much better CPU's pushing better physics, higher draw distance and better AI, 60fps... The GPU pushing elements of raytracing via compute, you need high bandwidth on a console going forward, especially in an APU setup....This is no longer the Jaguars we're dealing with, they can do much more and so is the GPU, so the higher the bandwidth the better...

Also, I see many people talking about power limits and cooling etc...These consoles will be cooled sufficiently, they are not thin edge laptops...Besides, I have no problem with a console pushing 300-400 watts at max, but we know we won't need all that, yet PSU technology have improved amazingly well for smaller form factors and we will be able to get lots of power-delivery and throughput in SFF's going forward....Node shrinks are a thing, more power with a smaller footprint, less heat, but they can push tech in a console too because cooling for solutions for SFF's like the NUC, that chinese console are pretty stellar on much higher nodes atm...

1TB SSD, I called it, but more importantly, it's what I'd like to see......That's why I'm stoked for 32GB of RAM and SSD's because much better loadtimes with the higher tier visuals at 4k will be a thing......Yes, I want pretty visuals with 4k textures across the board, higher rez effects, better Ai, larger worlds, better physics, but I don't want these things taking a decade to load in.....32Gb, SSD, lots of bandwidth is the way to go...

Reading this post... You're truly living in lalaland. Wish i could go there though.

I don't see how that could be a problem for someone.

Personally don't like it hold options in RDR2 or other games to pop up map every minute and minimap doesn't show far enough for me & takes up big chunk screenspace, i don't know how hard could be to look down for someone like you, even though i move my eyes everytime when playing (on 55inch tv).

It will drain more battery, but i guess battery life should increase with hardware, to me touch screen is worth all the risks because it could be used in many creative ways, and what features besides touchscreen sony could add more buttons? touchscreen could have whole keyboard if needed, it's logical upgrade from touchpad.
This is just a matter of opinion.

I had a dreamcast. Never looked at the VMU while playing. Don't see any advantage to it compared to just pressing a button and/or seeing that information on my tv. It costs money, it makes the controller more fragile, more expensive and drains the battery faster. So, in my opinion, it is not worth it.

That's just my opinion. If you think it is worth it, ok. Agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom