• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

Talking about presents today, me and my g/f decided that for Valentine's Day that I wanted the top half of my sleeve colored and she wants her old tattoo covered up(she has a hideous looking Tinkerbell on her right shoulder blade..it seriously looks like a prison tat lol). I'm so excited. I haven't gotten ink since April :)

Camp Lo

Banned
iIkxR5xmtFMWM.jpg

Took this while I was sitting down in the shop. Just the basic outline, no shading whatsoever. I've been waiting to get this done forever though.

CPCunha

Gonna bump my question cus time is running out.

I'm in Boston right now and i'd love to get my first tattoo while in the city.
It'll be one color, kinda like line art drawing...

anyone knows what's a good tattoo shop in Boston?

Thanks in advance.

Magilla

Banned
Gonna bump my question cus time is running out.

I'm in Boston right now and i'd love to get my first tattoo while in the city.
It'll be one color, kinda like line art drawing...

anyone knows what's a good tattoo shop in Boston?

Thanks in advance.

In Cambridge, but I got my stuff done at Pino Bros. My artist isn't there anymore,but the rest are pretty good. I would probably go with Matt first then Ben from the dudes that are still there. Call ahead though. They are usually booked pretty solid, but might be on walk-ins or have free time.

I could suggest some other shops, but it would only be based on word of mouth and no personal experience. Just let me know.

NinjaBoiX

Greetings tattoo-GAF! Long time lurker first time poster.

I recently got a pixellated heart tattoo and I really LOVE IT. I didn't even realize the 'dead pixel' on the 3 until I was looking at the picture when I got home. I told my friends about this and they told me I should keep it as is because the imperfection gives it more of a 8-bit quality. I'm not OCD or anything so it doesn't bother me TOO much. What do you guys think?

And since this is a tattoo thread, here are my others. Nothing special:

Thanks for the opinions in advance!
I like all those srenity, really cool. The flowers are classy, and are in a sexy place, the 8 bit heart is cute, and the roman numerals are intruiging.

And they look really hot, it has to be said! I like simple, small, well placed tattoos rather than big art pieces.

NinjaBoiX

I dunno, dragon tattoos are just cheesy to me. They remind me of those horrible silk shirts with the dragon embroidered on it. I just can't get away with them.

Nice guns though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Flex harder :p

I've been thinking a lot about getting a new tattoo done. I want a lower arm sleeve probably with some comic book imagery but I'm finding it so hard. I don't really want a straight up character peice, I think it's a bit cheesy. I love Batman, Grant Morrison and weird indie artists but the sheer volume of possibilities is paralysing. Sandman is awesome, do I do that? I really collected with Starman and have a star tattoo already on the arm I'm thinking of but still... gah!!

One day people, one day!

Flex harder :p

I've been thinking a lot about getting a new tattoo done. I want a lower arm sleeve probably with some comic book imagery but I'm finding it so hard. I don't really want a straight up character peice, I think it's a bit cheesy. I love Batman, Grant Morrison and weird indie artists but the sheer volume of possibilities is paralysing. Sandman is awesome, do I do that? I really collected with Starman and have a star tattoo already on the arm I'm thinking of but still... gah!!

One day people, one day!

Did I tell you I'm getting a comic sleeve of Sandman, Preacher, The Crow and Lobo?

mooooose

How do I find a good artist? I'm looking to get my first tattoo (and then more), and I have a piece of art in mind already (not complex) but I don't want it to look shitty, infact I will spend whatever I have to to make sure it is literally perfect, but I don't know where to find the right artist.

RTEmagicC_futuralaboratories_leather_1.jpg.jpg

I want a single atomic ring like this on my upper back/shoulder area.

I live in LI, outside of NYC, so there are plenty of good artists (always loved the fuck out of Scott Campbell) but I don't want to insult/waste the time of a REALLY good artist with something like this.

Help me GAF. The idea of getting a tattoo is scary to me and I really don't want this to look like shit, if its anything less than perfect I will probably regret it.

Drazgul

but I don't want to insult/waste the time of a REALLY good artist with something like this.

How is it wasting their time when they're getting paid for it? Go with the best artist you can find, just be prepared to wait on a list for quite some time.

Bossun

First tattoo, an arrow.

RDOk9.jpg

I like simplicity and basic shapes, I plan to add to eat in the futur.

Getting my second one soon, though still hesitating between shoulder/upper arm or spine.

Drain You

Got the outline of the rest of my chest done on Saturday. Didn't feel too bad, oddly enough there were two spots on each of my sides that brought pain immediately to the elbow on that side, weird. Happy with how it came out now I just have to wait for my artist to come back in March to do all the shading.

Hackbert

mhh nice tattoos in here. still in drawing mode at the moment. thinking about the bebop swordfish fighter with an soundwave coming out of the exhaust. "bang".... so many memories to it. but a bit cheesy.. still thinking about it ^^

My first tattoo under a thick coat of grease and pomade. It hurt like a motherfucker, respect to all those that have huge pieces done.

wipe that stuff off, you only want a VERY thin layer at most, when you wake up and before going to bed. don't drown it!

Iph

Banned
I used unscented sensitive skin moisturizer (e.g. lubriderm) on it throughout the day, but never too much. And washed twice a day with spectro gel or any similar, mild, unscented sensitive skin liquid facial soap (cetaphil is another good one).

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I use butt cream.

Preperation H is a favourite, as is Bepanthen.

Mrs Sniv uses bepanthen, I remember back in the day smearing Savlon over them, it's funny how much aftercare advice has changed over the past decade. Speaking of which, she just had her sleeve finished 99% yesterday. Still healing but once it goes down a bit I'll post a pic. It looks totally badass, girliest tattoo ever.

ana

Whoo... Started my first tattoo today.. :)
Tribal sleeve from the wrist to the neck..
7,5 hours first session.. next tuesday again...

EYEL1NER

When I am back in states on vacation next month, I plan on going and checking a couple shops out in the city. That way when I am done here at the end of the year I can go and immediately get my Iron Maiden half sleeve.
<--- That guy over there.
I know of one shop that is supposed to be pretty decent; my buddy got his pin-up girl there. So I plan on stopping in, having them take a look at my arm (and the horrendous stretch marks on the back of my arm), and stuff. If I don't get a good feeling, I'll just go back to KC and get it done at the place that did both of my other ones (and where my parents get all of their ink at).

I have had the bug for years, so I really want to get it done while I am there, but I can't afford to drop the cash or time on it. And the main reason is because I will then have to come back up here to Greenland, where it is dry as fuck. It would be very difficult to care for a tattoo up here.

This is my new tattoo I got last night, its a charactercher of my wife. Funny part is it was her idea, I think this is her way of branding me lol

Outline
20130112_121216_zps2f804351.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished and slightly inflamed
luck_zps11dad209.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a stack of two blue puyos on my butt. They jiggle when I werk. But ya know, a little nsfw and nobody came in here looking for man ass.

Before
KQ9yp2A.jpg

After: Going the Halloween route with a spooky tree, cats, spiders, and mist (in progress)
ojmreK0.jpg

self explanatory
XmNu36e.jpg

I also have one on the inside of my lip "FTW," and a little intricate design on my back which will one day be embellished.

Jzero

I don't understand why people go to ghetto 'Tattoo artists'. if you're going to get something permanently sketched on your body, it might as well be high quality.

Top Bottom