• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MightyHedgehog said:
You forgot this:

It wasn't there when I saw the article! But effectively that makes it standard, no? Whether it comes with the system or not, if it's required, it's required.

Although if it is required, honestly, they'd have to ship with it. You couldn't risk people buying units and not being able to find HDDs or something. Unless there's more to this, a qualification, maybe it's required for online or something..?

Dante

I think this is incorrect. Anyone with a partially functioning brain knew that there was no way they'd let the PS3 launch slip into 2007 in the US, especially after the disappointing PSP launch.

Did you read the first half of this thread?

lunlunqq

h-103_50042_ps3_0315a.jpg.jpg

h-103_50042_pscf0315a.jpg.jpg

h-103_50042_pscf0315b.jpg.jpg

Duderz

Banned
Benadryl Hitman said:
Your sad for it being $400 for all the shit that is included with it when the Xbox360 is $399 with less?

Well, the $350 price point had me going coo-coo for PS3-puffs, but I'm not disappointed in the (likely) $400 price point at all.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mrbob said:
Ahahah. Kuturagi had another wonderful quote at this conference!

Kuturagi-is-not-impressed-by-Xbox-360-2.jpg

"The Cell will be able to realize a 4-dimensional world"

I am going to call it now, this quote is going to be brought up time again after the Playstation 3 fails to make the impact is was hyped up to do and everybody becomes disaffected.

Amir0x

Banned
elostyle said:
Here's the thought, come november, 360 could be 50$ cheaper, have reached 90% backwards compatability and they might make basic online play free. They will also have a good library built up and an existing community. Nobody got beaten at anything yet. It's all in your hype endorphin loaded head so far. Ken is good at that.

Well sure, 360 could be 90% BC by November... and pigs could fly, and dinosaurs will rule the land.

It could be $50 less though, sure. That's plausible, although it doesn't change my point whatsoever.

PS3 will still have 100% BC with PSX and PS2. Soo...

And uh, yeah, if 60GB HDD included with every PS3... that's, uhm, that's called beating Microsoft at their own game. This is the thing I was bitching at Sony for, and previously Microsoft. HDD is essential going forward, how can you not standardize such a thing? Microsoft said they were, but then changed their mind.

This has nothing to do with hype endorphins. Only facts

Sho Nuff

Banned
Borys said:
HOLY FUCK

Doubters owned.
Haters owned.
Microsoft owned.
Xbots owned.

Sony wins the world.

Kutaragi is a mastermind.

And they haven't even showed a single game yet.

Seriously, President Bush should concede the United States to Kutaragi at this point. It should be the United States of SONY.

VALIS

Kleegamefan said:
EU and US get PS3 for Xmax 2006

6M units produced for 2006 is ~ triple the amount there are X360s to date, so supplies should be fairly plentyful unless demand is just crazy (possible)

All games on Blu-ray

PS1 and PS2 games upscaled to 1080p

HDMI 1.3 support (48-bit color)

60Gig HDD + Linux

Free online service

Klee, you were a journalist, right?

#2 is incorrect (they said as many as 1 mil a month, didn't say how many)
#4 is incorrect. They said "legacy" games upscaled. What does that mean? And I don't think they said upscaled to 1080p, either.
#6 I'm not sure. I thought the HD was still speculation. (?)
#7 is not exactly true. Free BASIC online service.

Just trying to keep things straight here based on the info presented so far. I hope the HD is true, though. :)

MrDaravon

Am I the only one not excited about the PS1 emulator? First, it says "1st-Gen emulator," does that mean PS1 first gen games? Aside from that, I'm not exactly excited about buying the game again, having to have a large card just to hold a game or two for something I already have. Also somebody mentioned resolution, how is that going to work?

Aside from that though, great news all around from Sony, color me suprised and impressed.

Shinobi

Shinobi said:
I've made this prediction for a few weeks now, and I'm gonna stick with it: Sony will try as hard as they can to get a simultaneous worldwide launch in November. As much as they won't want MS to have Christmas all to themselves in the west, a release at this time would also be a huge part of getting the Blu-Ray train rolling. And I think Sony will have more then enough time to build up the supply neccessary to facilitate such a launch.

And you bitches thought I wasn't serious? Don't EVER question me again motherfuckers.

VALIS said:
Klee, you were a journalist, right?

#2 is incorrect (they said as many as 1 mil a month, didn't say how many)
#4 is incorrect. They said "legacy" games upscaled. What does that mean? And I don't think they said upscaled to 1080p, either.
#7 I'm not sure. I thought the HD was still speculation. (?)
#8 is not exactly true. Free BASIC online service.

Just trying to keep things straight here based on the info presented so far. I hope the HD is true, though. :)

Well, one thing's for sure. I don't need my PS2 anymore. HiDef Back Compat FTW.

dyls

For the US, a "base unit" release will be priced at $199 and will hit stores at the end of March.

Thank you Sony. That means Nintendo will definitely try to push the DSL out as soon as possible in the US :D

Top Bottom