• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 Remake demo shadowdropping later on today according to Twitch ad

Excited to try this out.

I'm probably waiting a while before buying this one. Just way too much to play right now, and these RE games drop like a rock in price. If the demo radically exceeds my expectations, then I guess we'll see.

^ This is me :D

This remake was my most anticipated game for '23 but, after watching the latest videos something rubbed me the wrong way, the engine is IMO a little long in the tooth by now, the color gradation they chose is kind of ugly, there's black crush everywhere (with other portions looking washed out) and i just don't know anymore...
Couple that with the fact that i'm actually drowning in games right now (i have FF7Remake/Days Gone/Ghost of Tsushi/Returnal/Stray/TLOU2/Demon's souls etc to play through) and i think that i'll also have to grab this months down the line.

It's kind of a shame but i just don't have the time.

^ This is me :D

This remake was my most anticipated game for '23 but, after watching the latest videos something rubbed me the wrong way, the engine is IMO a little long in the tooth by now, the color gradation they chose is kind of ugly, there's black crush everywhere (with other portions looking washed out) and i just don't know anymore...
Couple that with the fact that i'm actually drowning in games right now (i have FF7Remake/Days Gone/Ghost of Tsushi/Returnal/Stray/TLOU2/Demon's souls etc to play through) and i think that i'll also have to grab this months down the line.

It's kind of a shame but i just don't have the time.
Yeah, I had some issues with the overall look and tonal change. Don't get me wrong, this game is going to be really good I'm sure. It's RE4. But both 2 and 3 are like $10 all the time, and I still never played 3 after buying it. I just don't get that excited for constant remakes, but I intend to get it at some point later.

GymWolf

Exciting

CorruptFarflungIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

GenericUser

For those who avoided all trailers and such, will you play the demo? I've only seen reveal trailer and went on a media blackout after that, but I'm tempted to play the demo. I guess they won't spoil a lot and I can't wait any longer.

For those who avoided all trailers and such, will you play the demo? I've only seen reveal trailer and went on a media blackout after that, but I'm tempted to play the demo. I guess they won't spoil a lot and I can't wait any longer.
I'm assuming you never played the original. So if you've managed to not get it spoiled all these years you might as well play the demo. It's not going to reveal what happens in the game just some section early on.

BlackTron

Capcom really likes their RE demos so no surprise. I didn't expect to buy the game but I haven't played ANY updated version beyond Wii so I'm kinda pumped to try it and judge for myself.

Madflavor

I hope its the starting of the game, wanna see the new intro and night time village infiltration.
I wonder if it will be timed...

I'm thinking it's going to be the very start of the game, all the way up to "Where's everyone going? Bingo?"

It seems like the perfect way to demo the game. That village defense section is basically a big playground to try out the gameplay.

rofif

Just dropping.

Everything has to be so much teased now, that when something just goes live it’s shadow releasing lol

Demo will be probably castle if I had to guess

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’ve played RE4 a lot (despite always quitting before the island).
This demo will be a deciding factor for me.
I have no complaints from what I’ve seen but I just played the Dead Space Remake, and while it was awesome, it was another game I’ve played a lot in the past, and I felt like I was going through the motions.

This demo will have to show me that the remake is a very fresh experience.

MiguelItUp

I kind of figured this was happening if the game is still slated to drop later this month. So sad that this slipped through the cracks though, lol. This happens WAY too often nowadays.

Excited to check it out though! Definitely one of my most anticipated games this year. A second remake at that, lol.

Mr Hyde

I think Capcom spoiled a lot with their recent showcase. Luis for instance, his new fate would've been awesome to find out playing the game.

Question regarding the PlayStation versions :
The PS4 one is almost 10 Eurotrons cheaper than the PS5 one, if I get the PS4 disk will I be able to play the PS5/"next-gen" version on my PS5 or I will have to pay a tenner to Sony for "upgrading" to the PS5 one ?
I know that Re2 and Re3 remake received the next-gen updates for free but, how does it work exactly when it comes to physical releases ?
Shit's confusing and it's one of the things that MS has Sony beat with smart delivery ®

Top Bottom