• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 Remake demo shadowdropping later on today according to Twitch ad

You pop the disc in and just download the PS5 version from the menu screen. It's not that difficult.

I get that, it's that I don't know if Re4Remake's upgrade is gonna be free or not , besides, I never understood when that's the case and when it's not - does it depend on Sony OR the publisher ? Apparently it's not the same for every game since some have paid upgrades while others not.
I took a look online for the physical version and I found the PS4 one for as low as 50 Eurotrons, i mean, 50 is still better than 70 😉

Excited to try this out.

I'm probably waiting a while before buying this one. Just way too much to play right now, and these RE games drop like a rock in price. If the demo radically exceeds my expectations, then I guess we'll see.
Bought RE8 Village for 20 bucks or something a few months after release. I love RE games but they're hardly ever worth buying on launch knowing they'll be discounted in 2 to 3 months.

I never bought the remake of 2 on pc, got it on PS4 originally, so I've no idea if Capcom has a DLSS option?

I know their pc ports aren't always the most complete in terms of settings, so does anyone know if it was available in 2 and 3, as it'll probably be a good indicator of whether it'll be in 4.

Mr Hyde

I get that, it's that I don't know if Re4Remake's upgrade is gonna be free or not , besides, I never understood when that's the case and when it's not - does it depend on Sony OR the publisher ? Apparently it's not the same for every game since some have paid upgrades while others not.
I took a look online for the physical version and I found the PS4 one for as low as 50 Eurotrons, i mean, 50 is still better than 70 😉

The PS5 upgrade for RE4 is free. When the upgrade path is not free it's the publisher of the game who makes that decision, not Sony. Sony only charged 10 bucks for their own first party cross gen games.

What do you mean "if RE4 remake upgrade is gonna be free or not"?

It's not an upgrade to the existing title, it's a complete overhaul of the original 20 year old game, and as such would never be free.

Or, am I misunderstanding you?

Last edited:

I never bought the remake of 2 on pc, got it on PS4 originally, so I've no idea if Capcom has a DLSS option?

I know their pc ports aren't always the most complete in terms of settings, so does anyone know if it was available in 2 and 3, as it'll probably be a good indicator of whether it'll be in 4.

Capcom usually has a checkerboard option (called interlacing by them) on PC, which isn't terrible but noticeably more blocky at times... but no other good options...
they did add FSR1 to RE8 and the remakes, but FSR1 is useless nonsense so not worth even mentioning tbh.

did they ever patch the remakes btw? the raytracing update broke the checkerboarding if I remember correctly and it completely tanked the framerate even when RT was off

Last edited:

Bartski

I wonder if it will be timed...
Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

killatopak

Question regarding the PlayStation versions :
The PS4 one is almost 10 Eurotrons cheaper than the PS5 one, if I get the PS4 disk will I be able to play the PS5/"next-gen" version on my PS5 or I will have to pay a tenner to Sony for "upgrading" to the PS5 one ?
I know that Re2 and Re3 remake received the next-gen updates for free but, how does it work exactly when it comes to physical releases ?
Shit's confusing and it's one of the things that MS has Sony beat with smart delivery ®
It is. Bought the Digital Deluxe and the other PS5 version became unavailable.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is this one of those stupid "one shot" demos?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
We already very close to release and I'm already sold on the game, at this point I'm just gonna skip the demo and wait for the full game to come out.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Probably free like every Capcom game. Upgrade is 10$ for only Sony studios games cause Jimbo need his golden toilet
i Don’t get how people don’t know this yet with capcom

Last edited:

SSfox

i Don’t get how people don’t know this yet with capcom
Yeah, but it's fine people just want confirmation

I've already clarified the upgrade for RE4 is free just one post above the one you quoted. And there are more publishers than just Sony who are charging 10 dollar for a next gen upgrade.
Oh yeah, i forgot also about Scamstar that don't even give option of upgrade and just force their Shee... heu fanbase to rebuy the entire game again for 7124th time

Well, I am downloading the demo now. It has been ages since I played any RE game, and this game still looks really dark, like their other RE Engine remakes with the bleached out colouring. You can hardly see a thing.

I feel knackered, though. The demo is taking a while to install because my internet speed is terribly slow. It's nearly 1 AM in Edinburgh.

Top Bottom