• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

resident Evil 4 gore is awesome

MarkyG

I love nothing more than a gore-laden game. It adds so much to the feedback. It does look a little comical in parts, IMO. However, Leon's deaths are very grisly. The hatchet head cut off scene had me wincing, but also felt awesome! I probably need some help.

Generic

While still a downgrade from RE2R they hit a good sweet spot taking into account other factors. We see mostly bullet holes likely due to puny start game arsenal, but then parry can blow off limbs and there are clearly multiple dismemberment spots around the torso which should get more visible with firepower upgrades.

No. 1 most pleasant surprise for me was dead ganados don't just vanish after killed, you can really make a mess and shockingly enough they have some collision piling up.
TLOU for example has a limit of 8 or 9 bodies in an encounter (both games, same on PS3 as on PS5...) which totally kills the immersion for me. I'd love to see someone check how long they remain in the scene here.

Yes there is tons of clipping but still no "cloud of dust" cop-outs I expected, at least for now.

EDIT: Nope, they vanish in a fucking cloud of smoke.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

This combat showcase in this video is far less impressive than RE6, a game released 10 years ago.

Really Capcom?

Facism

Gotta say, the detailed gore gets a bit too much when the enemies look more lively than regular zombies. If it was optional I'd turn it off.

There's a dismemberment option in the menu, as well as corpse persistence. I think you can tone the gore down with them if you want to

Top Bottom