• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

XShagrath

I have no problems with Youth Gone Wild and 18 to Life (assuredly another song in the pack). I don't know any other songs off the top of my head, but may recognize them after listening.

Apologies If I seemed a bit too touchy over Skid Row, I'm in the 'final straight' of buying a house and the seller has gone AWOL causing me all kinds of undesirable stress.

I Remember You was the Prom song thing when I graduated High School in '97.

Hope that's in.

I'm so old.

Friday confessions -

Just because i've been anti-Skid Row doesn't mean I didn't love I Remember You when I was 12. I also loved Alice Cooper's 'Poison' album and all things Def Leppard.

Maybe it will sell well and Sebastian Bach can talk his good pal Waxl Rose into allowing us some G n' R.

III-V

Well, I am not a fan of Skid Row either, so 1k was a bit of a bummer for me at least.

Was hoping for maybe: The Band, Cream, or The Grateful Dead

Anyway, purchased SRV DLC. Really good and diverse choice material.

Skid Row – $11.99

* Skid Row ”18 and Life" - Alt. Lead / Alt. Rhythm
* Skid Row ”I Remember You" (Song #1000)
* Skid Row ”Monkey Business"
* Skid Row ”Slave to the Grind" – Drop D
* Skid Row ”Youth Gone Wild"

Well, I am not a fan of Skid Row either, so 1k was a bit of a bummer for me at least.

Was hoping for maybe: The Band, Cream, or The Grateful Dead

Anyway, purchased SRV DLC. Really good and diverse choice material.

Annoyingly, Cream's Sunshine of your Love was in OG Rocksmith, but it was one of the few tracks that won't work with the import tool (I think it's to do with Clapton licensing, as his other song in the game won't transfer either).

I miss Sunshine. Would love some Strange Brew as well.

In other news that's exactly the Skid Row pack I predicted. Might by 18 & Life if I get really drunk and think it'll be a funny idea.

III-V

Annoyingly, Cream's Sunshine of your Love was in OG Rocksmith, but it was one of the few tracks that won't work with the import tool (I think it's to do with Clapton licensing, as his other song in the game won't transfer either).

I miss Sunshine. Would love some Strange Brew as well.

In other news that's exactly the Skid Row pack I predicted. Might by 18 & Life if I get really drunk and think it'll be a funny idea.

Sunshine rocks really hard. Would also love some White Room. Would like any Clapton/Winwood material at this rate. Also The Talking Heads and Little Feat.

Here's the infographic featuring the updated Top 40 list. How Dream Theater is the artist with the most requested (released) song in the game is beyond me...

wvnqcOT.jpg

Much respect, he's going to need ice packs for his hands by the time he's done.

Edit:

Skater Rock Pack

• Goldfinger - "Superman"
• ???
• ???
• ???
• ???

Looking forward to this. I predict some NOFX, didn't someone involved with the band directly contact Ubi about adding music recently?

Here's an article talking about the best songs from THPS, wonder if any more will show up (Guerilla Radio and Bring the Noise please...) http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...k-and-rock-songs-from-its-soundtracks-1188362

Crossing my fingers for The Suicide Machines and Dead Kennedys

Oooh, I watched the (Biafra-free) Dead Kennedys a couple of years ago at a festival, around 10pm just after Snoop Dogg played. The audience was school disco-sized but an awesome time was had. Would welcome some DK into the game for sure.

III-V

I am looking forward to this one as well. I was a skate machine once upon a time. It was my life, live breathe dream think skateboarding was all I could ever do. I remember the park would play the bands you guys have been mentioning nonstop along with some actual hip-hop and ska just on occasion.

great times and some good memories.

Just realized that Rocksmith would do well with some black crows as well.

I was listening to some Goldfinger recently. If we get "Superman" then we gotta get "No Cigar" from Millencolin. Keep up with that THPS soundtrack.

and lagwagon "may 16th"

Uh...

Skater Rock Pack

Bad Religion - You
Goldfinger - Superman
Lagwagon - May 16
Millencolin - No Cigar
Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide

Could do without Powerman, we always used to hate that song coming on in THPS2 in all its Marilyn Manson wannabe glory back in the day. Isn't it Rob Zombie's brother?

I'll add You to my Bad Religion collection for sure.

Not a complaint, but very weird to see Ubisoft making a song pack out of an Activision game's soundtrack...

and lagwagon "may 16th"

I just listened to this song and do not recognize it at all. Now, I played a lot of THPS on my friends PSX, but I was an N64 owner myself, so I played all my THPS2 on the N64. I can't seem to confirm it online, but I think some songs got cut because of cartridge space limitations.

Uh...

Skater Rock Pack

Bad Religion - You
Goldfinger - Superman
Lagwagon - May 16
Millencolin - No Cigar

Could do without Powerman, we always used to hate that song coming on in THPS2 in all its Marilyn Manson wannabe glory back in the day. Isn't it Rob Zombie's brother?

I'll add You to my Bad Religion collection for sure.

Not a complaint, but very weird to see Ubisoft making a song pack out of an Activision game's soundtrack...

Yeah, I love that they are just pulling songs from the first two THPS sound tracks, but you could have gotten Guerrilla Radio instead of When Worlds Collide and that would be an astounding improvement. Still, this pack is a nostalgia-must-buy.

Skater Rock Pack

Bad Religion - You
Goldfinger - Superman
Lagwagon - May 16
Millencolin - No Cigar
Now this would've been a much better 1000th song pack than Skid Row...

Edit: Rocksmith needs to allow uncensored songs. I would pay like $1 more for it.

Now this would've been a much better 1000th song pack than Skid Row...

Edit: Rocksmith needs to allow uncensored songs. I would pay like $1 more for it.

Let me guess - "most beautiful place in the whole F_____ world?" I haven't bought it yet as I haven't had the time this week.

"You you I won't do what you tell me" is my favourite censored RS moment.

I would agree with you apart from the fact that the songs are bloody expensive (over here at least) already. It wouldn't hurt them to put two packs up at a time, one censored and one not. Or they could add an in-game option to block saucy language?

All of this will no doubt be coming in RS3... if they ever finish that bloody South Park game.

This week's clue over on the Ubi forum still isn't solved...

OQwXdSr.jpg

Controversial opinion time - these obtuse puzzles jumped the shark a long time ago, just give us a monthly schedule of upcoming packs and reveal the contents of each the weekend before they're released. They've long-ceased being a fun community activity and now seem to exist to appease a small handful of forum posters who somehow have all the time in the world at the weekend.

XShagrath

Controversial opinion time - these obtuse puzzles jumped the shark a long time ago, just give us a monthly schedule of upcoming packs and reveal the contents of each the weekend before they're released. They've long-ceased being a fun community activity and now seem to exist to appease a small handful of forum posters who somehow have all the time in the world at the weekend.
I agree. I really liked HMX's method of announcing their content back in the RB1/2/3 days. If I remember correctly, they would announce the artists on Thursday/Friday, and then on Monday would actually announce the songs before releasing on Tuesday. This gave enough community involvement to try to figure out what the songs were without being frustrating.

I mean you still find out the content on Sunday now, so it's just two days if the puzzle is hard.

<a href="http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1619528-Clue-for-4-04-DLC?p=12512571&viewfull=1#post12512571">Another hint</a>

looking like Pearl Jam II

or at the very least "Evenflow"

I mean you still find out the content on Sunday now, so it's just two days if the puzzle is hard.

<a href="http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1619528-Clue-for-4-04-DLC?p=12512571&viewfull=1#post12512571">Another hint</a>

I'm in for Even Flow, fingers crossed for a pack. Corduroy and Go would be great...

Edit:

Yep! Five as well, i'll buy them all. Even if they transcribe Bugs for guitar. (They won't). Curious to see what will be in this pack? There's a metric fuck ton of material for them to draw from. State of Love & Trust would be nice. Please don't waste one of these tracks on Last Kiss, Rocksmith...

Pearl Jam Pack 2

Even Flow
???
???
???
???

jumper

When the teaser said 'Hall of Famer' (singular, not plural), I was guessing maybe it was Steve Miller, and that 'The joker' would be in the first pack after April 1st.

But I'm psyched for Pearl Jam, especially Even Flow. Also hoping for Once, Corduroy, and Hail, Hail.

Pearl Jam Pack 2

Even Flow
Do the Evolution
Last Exit
Rearviewmirror
Yellow Ledbetter

First time a b-side has made it into an artist pack maybe? Interesting selection, looking forward to it...

Pearl Jam Pack 2

Even Flow
Do the Evolution
Last Exit
Rearviewmirror
Yellow Ledbetter

First time a b-side has made it into an artist pack maybe? Interesting selection, looking forward to it...

* Pearl Jam “Even Flow” – Drop D [Rhythm/Bass] / Alt. Rhythm [Open D]

XShagrath

Looks like two tracks have leaked on reddit.

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
311 (or The Cars or Tom Petty) - All Mixed Up

III-V

It it OK to talk shop in this OT? or is there another place... Just wanted to chat about gear, tone achieved, etc. - related to playing in game and not thru your rig

EDIT: If I am missing DLC that I paid for what do I do? I have restarted several time. How do I check 'integrity' provide a link if possible peeps.

Looks like two tracks have leaked on reddit.

311 again? I suppose they need to get paid somehow in 2017.

Variety Pack IX

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
311 - All Mixed Up
???
???

It it OK to talk shop in this OT?

Fine by me!

EDIT: If I am missing DLC that I paid for what do I do? I have restarted several time. How do I check 'integrity' provide a link if possible peeps.

Verifying is system level, not part of RS -

Restore Licenses. Select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses]. If content you've downloaded from PlayStation®Store or add-on content fails to start, this might fix the problem.

They were fairly big in Canada.

I don't think a lot of the frat boy reggae rock made an impact in the UK it seems...

All Mixed Up is going to be a must buy for bassists

Top Bottom