• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't think I've ever had a day while living here in the Bay Area where I had to keep my window closed cause it was so hot outside that keeping the windows closed helped keep me cooler. Till this weekend. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If I were a praying man I would be down on my hands and knees begging for fall to kick in.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was playing my switch and had to stop after about 40 minutes because it's so hot in my room it started sounding like a jet engine.
Watched wind river and strolled around the great mall now I'm out here eating pizza lol but I really came for the beer.
Ma man

PsychBat!

Banned
It just won't stop! I just checked the forecast and it won't drop below 80 until 4 AM. I went to the movies to kill time and it backfired.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I was in Monterey all day. It was quite nice. Still warm, but not too bad.

Was thinking of going to Santa Cruz, but that place was at like 95F. Nope.

Rootbeer

Banned
Night Bay Area... I have to turn off my computer to help cool the room. It's one of the only measures I have at my disposal... lol

hot outside... no wind... fan just blowing hot air... at least I work tomorrow where we have AC. Never been so excited to return to work.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Yesterday was too much with no AC. Was taking cold showers and wearing nothing but ice packs. I've now escaped to Japan.

Any souvineer requests for baygaf?

v1lla21

Damn I gotta wash my car but I don't want to be outside. Think ima go to one of em chevron car washes. Lol.

I'd appreciate a Katana so I can practice my teleportation.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's some cloud coverage here so now it just feels like being in Hawaii today which is better than the hellscape of the last two days.

Does anyone here play board or card games or the like? I'm thinking about dipping back into Magic the Gathering after not playing for over a decade. I'm sure there's some cool shops around, curious if anyone has any recommendations. I live in Walnut Creek and I wouldn't really want to go all the way into the city unless there's some truly amazing place, I'm guessing there's some cool spots in Berkeley though.

v1lla21

There's one by the great mall so I'll check it out. Forgot all about those.

Does anyone here play board or card games or the like? I'm thinking about dipping back into Magic the Gathering after not playing for over a decade. I'm sure there's some cool shops around, curious if anyone has any recommendations. I live in Walnut Creek and I wouldn't really want to go all the way into the city unless there's some truly amazing place, I'm guessing there's some cool spots in Berkeley though.
Damn, the only place I went for magic related stuff was channel fireball. But that's all the way in Santa Clara.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Closest place to you is Black Diamond Games in Concord, it's near the Fry's:

http://www.blackdiamondgames.com/

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
All those things do is wipe the dirt around.
I've had good results with the one near me. My car stayed clean for about a month -- probably because I don't drive too much and I park under an awning.

There's a gamer lounge in downtown SJ called AFK, saw someone play SMW2: Yoshi's Island. GAF meet up?
I usually go there for a few minutes and leave. Their drinks are overpriced.

I do like the Irish pub, because they had a wide selection of beers, including like a few stouts, which are my jam.

DTSJ would be an okay place to have a meet up, but I think all public transit out of there stops at around 10:30 or so?

AcridMeat

Banned
Berkeley has a pretty good local spot, Games of Berkeley on Shattuck. There's also a board game cafe not too far from it called Victory Point Cafe.

If you're into Comics Fantastic Comics is close by also on Shattuck.

PsychBat!

Banned
What about the tips, bro?! I'll just hold out till tomorrow morning.

The car wash by the Bass Pro Shop in San Jose has a monthly car wash plan for 40 bucks I believe.
The one on Almaden Expressway?
Been there a couple of times when they had the Rocket League tourneys earlier this year. I'm down to go again.

I usually go there for a few minutes and leave. Their drinks are overpriced.
They got Switches now ;)

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Berkeley has a pretty good local spot, Games of Berkeley on Shattuck. There's also a board game cafe not too far from it called Victory Point Cafe.

Comics near walnut creek you've also got rainbow comics. The originator of free comic book day. Don't tell them I sent ya though...

A cooler.

The ones here are both expensive and not very strong :(

Damn I gotta wash my car but I don't want to be outside. Think ima go to one of em chevron car washes. Lol.

I'd appreciate a Katana so I can practice my teleportation.

Funny enough those are easier to find in China town than here. Kinda got outlawed...

Closest place to you is Black Diamond Games in Concord, it's near the Fry's:

http://www.blackdiamondgames.com/

Have you been there? I don't mind driving a bit.

Might check this one out thanks. I could be wrong but I'm just assuming shops near Berkeley will be nicer and have more people since there's probably students who play.

Miletius

Have you been there? I don't mind driving a bit.

Might check this one out thanks. I could be wrong but I'm just assuming shops near Berkeley will be nicer and have more people since there's probably students who play.

Nicer is kind of a loose term. I'd probably sub in more crowded as an appropriate term for Games of Berkeley. Don't get me wrong, it's a great shop, but yeah, there are a lot of students there sometimes.

Rootbeer

Banned

FYI they are not on Shattuck anymore... they closed that location and set up in a new larger spot not far away on Durant Ave, right off Telegraph. New place is pretty nice.

Also there's some excellent (and cheap) Tacos nearby at Tacos Sinaloa... not that Telegraph is hurting for good food options, but I've eaten there twice in the last month... think i'm developing an addiction.

AcridMeat

Banned
FYI they are not on Shattuck anymore... they closed that location and set up in a new larger spot not far away on Durant Ave, right off Telegraph. New place is pretty nice.

Also there's some excellent (and cheap) Tacos nearby at Tacos Sinaloa... not that Telegraph is hurting for good food options, but I've eaten there twice in the last month... think i'm developing an addiction.
No kidding, it did feel a little cramped but I didn't think they'd give up that basement area for their game nights/tournaments and such.

Admittedly I'm only in Berkeley maybe once every 6 months or so nowadays, a lot changes between semesters.

broz0rs

Just saw a piece on the local news that if you want to buy a single family home in San Jose it's recommended you have an annual salary of $179k lol

Top Bottom