• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu |OT| Old Boy

Rikku-X

200.gif

dDoc

Why pineal gland is known as third eye?

The name “third eye” comes from the pineal gland's primary function of 'letting in light and darkness', just as our two eyes do. This gland is the melatonin-secreting neuroendocrine organ containing light-sensitive cells that control the circadian rhythm

Superwave

Banned
What does early access mean? Is it a beta or something? Will the price go up? Is the non deluxe version a PS4 version? (whatever that means)

:pie_thinking:

cormack12

They're doing something because my preorder went from release date showing 08/02/22 to 06/02/22 but I still can't start the download.

That smells like they don't know what the issue is and we will be waiting until tomorrow until the engineers and decision makers are in.

Con-Z-epT

What does early access mean? Is it a beta or something? Will the price go up? Is the non deluxe version a PS4 version? (whatever that means)
For the deluxe edition, which costs more, you get a digital artbook, a special fotomode package, two exclusive Sifu avatars for your ps profile and early access to the game. Should have been about 48 hours earlier than the initial release. Both versions can be bought as a PS4 or PS5 release. The early access to the game is the full game and not a beta.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

They're doing something because my preorder went from release date showing 08/02/22 to 06/02/22 but I still can't start the download.

That smells like they don't know what the issue is and we will be waiting until tomorrow until the engineers and decision makers are in.
It's a mess...

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022

I mean. . .it doesn't really work as a negative particularly for a video game where no local resources or manpower are being taken away from indigenous populations to satisfy foreign interest. It's a video game. It's like saying GHOST OF TSUSHIMA is cultural tourism.

I mean. . .it doesn't really work as a negative particularly for a video game where no local resources or manpower are being taken away from indigenous populations to satisfy foreign interest. It's a video game. It's like saying GHOST OF TSUSHIMA is cultural tourism.
It is. Tsushima even gave the creators a ton of praise and have rapidly ramped up tourism efforts.

Last edited:
Well I got it because I have a soft spot for martial arts. But I swear to God, if I hate this game I will never purchase a Sony related roguelike for the rest of my life.

Arun1910

Seeing some of the Twitter replies to this issue for downloading early is embarrassing. I've seen way too many people say their weekend was ruined because of this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ANDS

It is. Tsushima even gave the creators a ton of praise and have rapidly ramped up tourism efforts.

That's not cultural tourism though. You aren't going anywhere in these games because of course you aren't. More, it's being used as a negative in that tweet so the idea is that somehow something is being taken away given from the real life people depicted in these games which. . .makes no sense.

. . .if I'm missing something in terms of how they're using "cultural tourism" here I'm definitely all ears.

GHG

Any word on PC performance?

It's cheaper for me on PC but... You know... Epic games store...

puke GIF

Somebody show me a sign.

CZY

That's not cultural tourism though. You aren't going anywhere in these games because of course you aren't. More, it's being used as a negative in that tweet so the idea is that somehow something is being taken away given from the real life people depicted in these games which. . .makes no sense.

. . .if I'm missing something in terms of how they're using "cultural tourism" here I'm definitely all ears.
I haven’t looked it up, nor will I, but I’d guess it means “wyt ppl making china game so they can be chinaman for a while then go back to being evil wyt devils” is how I take it.

saintjules

For those who have an issue downloading the deluxe edition, go on PSN and start to download a PS+ game or another title and go back to your game library. It will now allow you to download the game.

Malachai

Autodownload is disabled I guess maybe as it’s past due time, need to go to library and download manually. Some people on reddit said they had to restart the console. I’m in, good luck!
Sorted it now. Had to start a download on a different game and then it let me download it from my library.

cormack12

Game is okayish, just finished the squats. Got to say though I think the technical ambition is let down by the controls not registering properly a lot of the time.

Trying to do sweep kicks or just trying dodge with l1 and stick up and down is not great. Leads to you getting punished for trying to be technical, better to just r2 and double slap then get out.

Last edited:

ANDS

You finished it already? How long did that take?

Reviews are saying roughly ten hours, but they might vary WILDLY depending on player skill. It's "only" five levels, with some replaying levels for a "true" ending.

Finished level 1 first try. Its okay so far. Guess that was 20% of the content. The parries don't always feel great. Gets button mashy a bit. But it can be fun.

Last edited:
On PS5? Does it have good dual sense support?
Barely noticeable. But hits come through on the controller speaker.

Im definitely getting better on 2nd run on stage 1. Can waste most enemies no problem now. Not at the point that I can really assess the quality of the bosses yet.

1 run on stage 1 to completion let me permanently unlock 1 cheaper skill. So it is a grind but not impossibly huge.

cormack12

Barely noticeable. But hits come through on the controller speaker.

Im definitely getting better on 2nd run on stage 1. Can waste most enemies no problem now. Not at the point that I can really assess the quality of the bosses yet.

1 run on stage 1 to completion let me permanently unlock 1 cheaper skill. So it is a grind but not impossibly huge.
What did you think of boss 1. Inside wasnt so bad but outside fucked me up. Wasn't clear what was blockable or not

What did you think of boss 1. Inside wasnt so bad but outside fucked me up. Wasn't clear what was blockable or not
Its okay. I wasnt particularly impressed. I kept spamming dodge. I didnt hate it. But I dont fully understand his attack strings yet or how to dodge it. Like you said. Just going to keep doing that until it is more clear. Gets kind of button mashy.

Top Bottom