• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds |OT| Seeking Them Out

ManaByte

Voyager was mediocre at best

strange new worlds is good but with many flaws

People forget how bad the UPN era of Trek was. Voyager was done on the cheap, repurposing rejected TNG scripts and repurposing VFX shots (like the Dyson Sphere) to quickly launch a Star Trek on their flagship network. Then Enterprise got even worse to the point where the UPN brass was trying to force them to include a band on the show every week to promote some recent album.

Certainly better than most of NuTrek, but its still fucking awful compared to TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise.

Truth.

I watched Voyager a couple of months ago and it still holds up, especially the last few seasons. The Holo-Doctor, 7of9 and Barkley were just such engaging characters with well written character arcs.

People forget how bad the UPN era of Trek was. Voyager was done on the cheap, repurposing rejected TNG scripts and repurposing VFX shots (like the Dyson Sphere) to quickly launch a Star Trek on their flagship network. Then Enterprise got even worse to the point where the UPN brass was trying to force them to include a band on the show every week to promote some recent album.

Honestly don't give a crap if it's cheap, so long as it is good.
Shows like Red Dwarf and Dr. Who were produced on a shoestring budget too, they are still great shows.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit

So to you a show can only be good if it has a high budget? Even if it is written by a retarded inbred monkey? Even if it is poorly acted? Its all forgiven as long as it has explosions and a high budget?

AJUMP23

Spock didn’t know in Balance of Terror, which is what this episode is an alternate-timeline version of.
I thought spok (Nimoy) had a line about it in the JJ Abrams movie. It doesn’t matter because those are a different timeline. I just thought Vulcans and romulans knew each other.

I do love early track aliens. Pointy ears your an alien. A Klingon has a gotee.

Ironbunny

Man I'm liking this show. Finally a good way of ending a season into a conclusion and also into a cliffhanger. Satisfying. I wonder how its doing viewer vice compared to other Treks?

Last edited:
Top Bottom