• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Blank!

How many guild coins do we need to unlock the raid?

it depends on the tier. Tier 1 is 30K going up by 4K per tier until tier 6 which is 55K. Price of Tier 7 isn't known since you have to beat tier 6 to unlock it first, and no one has played the raid yet.

Most guild seem to be aiming at doing Tier 5 to start (5*+ characters recommended for level 70+). tier 6 is 6*+ and recommended for level 80+.

There's no raid strategy really. The developers released packs of characters (don't buy these) with recommended heroes you can look at. I imagine those are the heroes they used to beat some challenges.

The only thing I'm fairly confident in saying is that Taunt will play a rather large role, so you'll want a Chewie, ST Han, Poe, RG (or all 4) at a high star level. A Healer almost goes without saying. Debuff removal seems like a very large plus but (IIRC) you can only get that with Ackbar, Ewok Elder, Lobot, and Barriss (on a pure jedi team, and there's no jedi taunter...).

The only thing I'm fairly confident in saying is that Taunt will play a rather large role, so you'll want a Chewie, ST Han, Poe, RG (or all 4) at a high star level. A Healer almost goes without saying. Debuff removal seems like a very large plus but (IIRC) you can only get that with Ackbar, Ewok Elder, Lobot, and Barriss (on a pure jedi team, and there's no jedi taunter...).

Oops. I haven't bothered leveling up any taunters. Eek. On the bright side, in their Raid packs, I have a fully leveled Ventress and Windu and a very high Qui Gon.

Jedi Consular has taunt right? He's the only character the AI targets in GW

Old Daka is my character like this. I'd swear there really is some kind of built in taunt amount mechanism.

5 seems like a good starter to me because that's where the Raid-only items start to drop. Seems likely to be why that's where people are going.

EDIT: Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens has been haunting me for months, and Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs is also Raid V+ only, although you can farm these from normal missions.
EDIT2: Oh yeah, Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars is the other one that can't be acquired from non-raid missions.

Blank!

Oops. I haven't bothered leveling up any taunters. Eek. On the bright side, in their Raid packs, I have a fully leveled Ventress and Windu and a very high Qui Gon.

Dispelling buffs on the enemies also seems high on their list, which is probably why they show up.

I'd start working on a taunter TBH. Chewie is farmable in cantina and hard modes and is probably the easiest of the tanks to "star" up. Poe has a lot of competition in Cantina shipments so if you haven't started, I wouldn't bother. ST Han is very solid but arena only. He's probably one of the best characters out of the arena shipments though, so he's a good pick. Royal Guard is a pain to farm but currently VERY Meta. He's incredibly solid but until 77, very hard to farm (shows up in cantina at 77)

Iceman829

Simplified Daily Guild Contribution Guide

Monday

Contribution: Cantina Energy THEN Light Side (LS) Missions

Use all Cantina Energy BEFORE PayOut
Use all energy on LS Missions AFTER PayOut
Do Not Complete Monday's Galactic War (Enter & Retreat to receive daily)

Tuesday

Contribution: LS Missions THEN Galactic War (GW)

Use all energy on LS Missions BEFORE PayOut
Complete Monday's/Tuesday's GW AFTER PayOut

Wednesday

Contribution: Galactic War THEN Hard Mode (HM) Mission

Complete Wednesday's GW BEFORE PayOut
Use all energy on HM Missions AFTER PayOut

Thursday

Contribution: HM Missions THEN Dailies

Use all energy on HM Missions BEFORE PayOut
Turn in Dailies AFTER PayOut

Friday

Contribution: Dailies THEN Dark Side (DS) Missions

Turn in Dailies BEFORE PayOut
Use all energy on DS Missions AFTER PayOut

Saturday

Contribution: DS Missions THEN Arena

Use all energy on DS Missions BEFORE PayOut
Fight Arena Matches AFTER PayOut

Sunday

Contribution: Arena THEN Cantina Energy

Fight Arena Matches BEFORE PayOut
Use all Cantina Energy AFTER PayOut

Just reposting so I don't have to click back a page when I forget what the upcoming daily is

Iceman829

Thanks for the invite... though I have no clue how any of this guild stuff works yet.

Basically each day the guild is given an activity that guild members can contribute to by playing the game. Today's current task until reset is Galactic War nodes. Each one you clear helps raise guild points. You also contribute guild points for using normal energy throughout the day. At reset 7:30 pm est the new task will be for clearing Hard missions. If you read my post above it gives a more complex breakdown of how to plan for activities if you want to maximize your points. It's not guidelines you have to follow it's just helps you track what activities are coming around.

Once we have enough guild points we can launch a raid and begin working through the stages.

EdgeXL

Can somebody explain raids to me? I joined a guild but it looks like all I am doing is moving around various menu screens. How exactly do I contribute energy to my guild's raid?

GW is killing me the last 2 days. Last night, I could NOT beat the 3rd to last team without sacrificing my best characters. It was Daka, Luminara, Bariss, Ventress and Sidious. If I tried for Sidious first, I'd miss 6 out of 7 attempts. If I went for Daka first, by the time she was gone, Sidious had debuffed my whole team.

Iceman829

GW is killing me the last 2 days. Last night, I could NOT beat the 3rd to last team without sacrificing my best characters. It was Daka, Luminara, Bariss, Ventress and Sidious. If I tried for Sidious first, I'd miss 6 out of 7 attempts. If I went for Daka first, by the time she was gone, Sidious had debuffed my whole team.

Some of those GW teams are just annoying. I try to leave the last team something reasonable to defeat. I ran a squad of QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Rey and Royal Guard through probably 2/3rds of my GW wins. I can't believe I played 30 nodes of this mode. Taking a break until next week.

The good news it looks like we are close to being able to launch a raid. Sadly I almost no one that can debuff and only 1 tank over 5*. I have Asajj and Lobot unlocked, but never bothered to gear or level them up. My Royal Guard is still only 4* as well, so there goes a stun I could really use.

Stanng243

I sub in the Ewok Elder. He can get rid of Sidious debuffs sometimes. And resurrect the ones who die from them.

Can somebody explain raids to me? I joined a guild but it looks like all I am doing is moving around various menu screens. How exactly do I contribute energy to my guild's raid?

Completing the current "guild activity" and just spending energy while in the guild both contribute to the guild's raid points. Raid points allow officers to unlock raids.

Doing both also give you "guild currency" which you can use to buy stuff in the Guild Store. The guild currency is sent to you once a day, at the same time the guild activity changes.

When stuff like this happens is when I back out, and throw in 5 total fodder units. Preferably strong enough to survive your opponent's AoEs, but not strong enough to survive more than like a single round. The purpose of this is to eat your opponent's lineup best abilities, so when you put your good units back they are mostly stuck on normal attacks. Sidious is annoying with this tactic, as I'd rather he AoE than debuff someone, but I still find it helps more often than it hurts, primarily because I only do it when I get a no-win battle similar to what you describe.

Matticers

I have a question for the guild... um... what should the requirements for Officer rank be? And who wants to be one and help me add people?

Not sure what the requirements should be for that or how many are needed. I was going to say anyone who logs in daily and has good knowledge about the game but that should be most of us here. Maybe people who have been posting in this topic for a while now since you know they've been invested for some time? If we have anyone like that. Officers are just there to start the raids, right? I'm not sure what abilities they have aside from that so I guess if that's the main thing, people who are the most active would be best.

And I think there's only four more spots left in the guild but I can try to help add people until we're full.

I was kind of wondering what the policy will be on people who aren't playing much, assuming we have members that stop playing. Are we super casual and we don't care about that kind of thing or would we have a full roster of people who will be playing?

Iceman829

I have a question for the guild... um... what should the requirements for Officer rank be? And who wants to be one and help me add people?

I saw you made me an officer back when the guild first started and I accepted a few invites when people posted that they applied and gave their name. I don't mind helping out with that stuff if needed. I think we are currently 46/50 as well. Hopefully if anyone loses interested with the game or no longer wishes to participate that they can just use the "leave guild" option to free up space if there is anyone else that wants in.

As for the raids I think we should discuss if there should be a certain day/time of the week that members would want to have these on. If people could use this thread or guild chat to say what would work for them (time zone as well please) it would help to make sure we have players available. If weekdays or weekends don't work that would be useful knowledge.

Everyone should just approach the first raid as a fun learning experience. I think we might want to wait for the door to get patched in the Rancor room as well. Currently right now it can dodge attacks and they are going to make it less evasive to attacks. Might as well let other groups do some play testing for us while we still work out the little things.

I saw you made me an officer back when the guild first started and I accepted a few invites when people posted that they applied and gave their name. I don't mind helping out with that stuff if needed.

Yeah. The first few people that signed up, I made Officers to help me out. So thanks for accepting invites.

Voorhees

Just an FYI if you have Barriss Offee, her heals ignore Sidious' debuff. Also if you put her in as leader she can auto heal for around 1K for Jedi Allies and about 600 for non-Jedi allies at the start of turns. Helps mitigate some of the RNG bullshit that happens in GW. Plus if you proc her special your whole team gets a 1K+ plus heal, I think mine with her right now is right around a 50% chance. So basically every two turns my whole team will get a 1K HP boost.

Iceman829

April 27th Patch notes:

DoTs and Bombs are once again able to kill units.
Captain Phasma’s Fusillade ability now fires in the correct direction.
The tooltip for Topple is now correct when knocking the door down onto the Rancor.
Health Pips (Bars) have been adjusted to make it easier to tell how much health a character has left.
The text on Raid Booster Packs has been updated for better clarity on what the pack contains.
Payouts for Guild Activities were incorrect for Ranks 41-50 on Tier 4 challenges for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. This has been fixed so that they now receive the correct Payouts. Previously they were awarding higher Payouts than the Ranks above them.

Kumquat

Just an FYI if you have Barriss Offee, her heals ignore Sidious' debuff. Also if you put her in as leader she can auto heal for around 1K for Jedi Allies and about 600 for non-Jedi allies at the start of turns. Helps mitigate some of the RNG bullshit that happens in GW. Plus if you proc her special your whole team gets a 1K+ plus heal, I think mine with her right now is right around a 50% chance. So basically every two turns my whole team will get a 1K HP boost.

It doesn't negate it. THe debuff doesn't stop the equilibrium though. They won't gain the percentage of health but they will equalize their health with everyone else. Still highly useful.

I try and save a middle level team for my final fight in GW. I put them in and let the enemy squad pop all of their actions and slaughter them. I will try and focus fire their squishiest character but that is hit and miss. The real point here is that they expend their abilities and taunts against that team. Then I put in the first string and take it home.

Stanng243

It doesn't negate it. THe debuff doesn't stop the equilibrium though. They won't gain the percentage of health but they will equalize their health with everyone else. Still highly useful.

I try and save a middle level team for my final fight in GW. I put them in and let the enemy squad pop all of their actions and slaughter them. I will try and focus fire their squishiest character but that is hit and miss. The real point here is that they expend their abilities and taunts against that team. Then I put in the first string and take it home.

I love that feeling when you put in the B-team and it steamrolls the final battle.

ghostmind

Not sure what the requirements should be for that or how many are needed. I was going to say anyone who logs in daily and has good knowledge about the game but that should be most of us here. Maybe people who have been posting in this topic for a while now since you know they've been invested for some time? If we have anyone like that. Officers are just there to start the raids, right? I'm not sure what abilities they have aside from that so I guess if that's the main thing, people who are the most active would be best.

And I think there's only four more spots left in the guild but I can try to help add people until we're full.

I was kind of wondering what the policy will be on people who aren't playing much, assuming we have members that stop playing. Are we super casual and we don't care about that kind of thing or would we have a full roster of people who will be playing?

I'm an officer in the GAF Boom Beach task force, and deciding when and if to kick people is a constant struggle between wanting to promote an enjoyable environment but still being productive.

If you all need some help with the guild at some point, I'll throw my name (Yub Nub) into the ring for officer consideration.

I'm an officer in the GAF Boom Beach task force, and deciding when and if to kick people is a constant struggle between wanting to promote an enjoyable environment but still being productive.

If you all need some help with the guild at some point, I'll throw my name (Yub Nub) into the ring for officer consideration.

You sound like you have experience. Promoted. I also promoted the top 2 contributors.

The last few days I've just flat stopped throwing the A-team at battles 9 and above in GW. I just throw a bunch of weenies in, eating up the multiple-hit attacks from people like Geo Soldier, the AoE slow from Phasma, and the Lightsaber throw from Darth Vader.

Having done so my A-team just destroys them, with no real effort required. Good stuff.

I do have a B-squad who I will bring out to kill Poggle from a particularly nasty group, Poggle being the unit that kills me the most in the current meta. And, if I didn't use them, will take out a person or two no matter who they are from the final battle.

FWIW my A-team is Lumi(leader), Daka, Jedi Consolar, Sid, Geo Solder.
My B-team is Phasma(leader), Royal Guard, Dooku, Darth Vader, and Savage.

I ultimately want to try a Daka Dooku Royal Guard Lumi Geo Soldier party. 3 stunners would be awesome and if I had Dooku and RG geared/starred up more I'd do it now.

Iceman829

I messed up doing all the challenges without thinking this morning while headed to work. No double cash in on those this time

Stanng243

It's weird waiting to cash the dailys in. The Arena battles are going to give me the most problems. I need to fight every day to get under 200, and that ends about 2 hours before the guild does the daily reset. It was nice to get my first shards of the Jawa engineer yesterday.
Do they have an ETA for the door fix?

Iceman829

I think it's supposed to be challenge missions (training droid / STR) and not daily activities. I completed the missions and now I'm not sure. Oh well either way. We already have enough for our first raid.

I'm thinking I might invest in the Gamorrean Guard since I didn't level up a droid squad. I really don't have many taunters leveled up

Stanng243

I think it's supposed to be challenge missions (training droid / STR) and not daily activities. I completed the missions and now I'm not sure. Oh well either way. We already have enough for our first raid.

I'm thinking I might invest in the Gamorrean Guard since I didn't level up a droid squad. I really don't have many taunters leveled up

That would be awkward. I've already did those.

Stanng243

They list it as daily challenges. I think the wording confused different people. Some think it means the 3 light missions and other think it means STR challenges.

Also here's a neat website that has calculators and helps you find things to farm

http://www.mathvader.io/guilds/

So later today, we'll find out what it really is? Okay.
How do the GW work? If I don't finish Monday, and I refresh on Tuesday, I assume it refreshes the characters also?

Iceman829

So later today, we'll find out what it really is? Okay.
How do the GW work? If I don't finish Monday, and I refresh on Tuesday, I assume it refreshes the characters also?

So with GW you can technically complete 3 GWs if you have them stacked up properly. I had one with 6 nodes completed going into the Guild reset on Tuesday evening. When it reset I worked on completing GW and then restarted GW before the daily restart at night. GW always lets you play 2 days worth, so if you can complete 1 GW and restart your second one after the guild resets and before the game resets at night you can complete 3 GWs.

Basically save Mondays GW until after the guild reset on Tuesday. Complete GW and restart before daily reset. Then until the guild resets on Wednesday you have time to complete the other 2 GWs.

Zoink

Can I get an invite if theres any room? Level 74 and I play most days even if its just to stick my middle finger up at the unfair GW fights. 252-854-741

So with GW you can technically complete 3 GWs if you have them stacked up properly. I had one with 6 nodes completed going into the Guild reset on Tuesday evening. When it reset I worked on completing GW and then restarted GW before the daily restart at night. GW always lets you play 2 days worth, so if you can complete 1 GW and restart your second one after the guild resets and before the game resets at night you can complete 3 GWs.

Basically save Mondays GW until after the guild reset on Tuesday. Complete GW and restart before daily reset. Then until the guild resets on Wednesday you have time to complete the other 2 GWs.

Or you can do what I did and have access to 3 GWs, but fail to complete 2 of them due to having some seriously overpowered teams show up at the end.

Just posting here after lurking quite a while. I've been active in the guild chat but have yet to post here.

Look forward to doing some raids soon. Thanks Darth for setting up the guild.

Now that I know it's challenges for the guild activity instead of dailies, I don't think I'm going to be able to reliably hold off on those until the reset on Thursdays. I frequently just don't play enough after the reset time on Thursday evening to reliably get 5 of the stat challenges in, and I don't want to miss them. I can probably save a couple though.

I have to say, I'm moderately irritated they don't just reset things at the same time as the daily, or failing that something like 12 hours off of it. A relatively small window, in the evenings, in which I must play to increase guild benefit is really annoying.

I'm getting anxious to try this raid-thingee. Who wants me to start it today? What Tier (I'm assuming #5)? And how long do we get to complete it?

Top Bottom