• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Blank!

new female characters only event coming up... but more importantly, Leia is coming to arena shipments. Starting hording your arena shards! Thought they would of went with Cantina first, I'm guessing Dengar will make an appearance there after this month.

Iceman829

Characters
Jedi Knight Anakin is the daily login character for July.
Geonosian spy has been added to the game, and will be available via the Aurodium pack on June 30th
Tusken Shaman is available once again in Chromium Packs.
Character shards for Dengar are now available in the Guild Store.

General
The Profit Mining event has been removed.
The MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller will no longer appear in Shipments.
The MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner now has a chance to appear in Shipments.
Chewbacca’s Wookiee Rage ability now displays more information when he has the Maximum Health increase buff.

Events
The Credit Heist event is a new type of event that will appear on a random weekday. The first day of this event will start on June 29th. Here are some details on the event:
There is a level 50 and a level 70 version
Requires 5 Scoundrels
Each version (level 50 and 70) may be completed twice for free. 150k credits for each level 50 completion, and 350k credits for each level 70 completion.
The event will run for 15 hours each time it appears.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50063/game-update-6-28-2016

Invite has been sent

There are also additional spaces in the guild if people are looking to join. Just post your ID and we will get you in

Thanks a bunch, I'm in!

Looking for a quick vector check to make sure I'm not totally off base with the characters in currently focused on. Level 46 and slowly working my way up, but I know nothing about end game teams or best characters.

Light side
QGJ
Chewie
Luminara
Ackbar
Anakin
Luke
Leia
Aayla

Dark side
Dooku
Royal Guard
Old Daka
Geonosian Soldier
Darth Maul
B2

I'm trying to unlock Rey now.

We have some people that no longer play. I'll check the roster once I get to work and get a spot for you

Hey Iceman:

I'm a part of a small but active guild, and we're at a point where we can't find new members and we're too small for the higher level raids or challenges. Would we be able to merge our guild with the GAF guild as a group, even if some of them aren't GAF posters? If so, should I just post their ally codes?

Iceman829

Thanks a bunch, I'm in!

Looking for a quick vector check to make sure I'm not totally off base with the characters in currently focused on. Level 46 and slowly working my way up, but I know nothing about end game teams or best characters.

Light side
QGJ
Chewie
Luminara
Ackbar
Anakin
Luke
Leia
Aayla

Dark side
Dooku
Royal Guard
Old Daka
Geonosian Soldier
Darth Maul
B2

I'm trying to unlock Rey now.

You can get Rey shards in guild shipments, so that will help you with that. QGJ, Lumi, Leia, RG, Daka and Geo S are all useful in most if not all modes. Any of the p2p characters I can't comment on since I don't have them. You can ask questions in guild chat about things and more people will respond. I mainly bumped the thread to see if more people were looking to join the guild so we could replace players that quit.

Hey Iceman:

I'm a part of a small but active guild, and we're at a point where we can't find new members and we're too small for the higher level raids or challenges. Would we be able to merge our guild with the GAF guild as a group, even if some of them aren't GAF posters? If so, should I just post their ally codes?

How many total players are you talking about? Depending on the number we might need a few days to check over the roster to remove the members that have completely stopped playing.

You can get Rey shards in guild shipments, so that will help you with that. QGJ, Lumi, Leia, RG, Daka and Geo S are all useful in most if not all modes. Any of the p2p characters I can't comment on since I don't have them. You can ask questions in guild chat about things and more people will respond. I mainly bumped the thread to see if more people were looking to join the guild so we could replace players that quit.

Thanks a bunch!

How many total players are you talking about? Depending on the number we might need a few days to check over the roster to remove the members that have completely stopped playing.

It's a guild of 22, but we probably don't need a home for all 22.

I think we have about 5 empty / inactive spots right now. Just post any IDs of people that want to join and you can keep a list of the other ones should spots free up

Here are our migrating players:

Me: 739-529-336, level 67
754-548-431, level 80
935-918-359, level 80
914-859-891, level 46
289-794-499. level 80

We're finishing up our raid tonight, so could you wait until tomorrow to add us please?

Thanks!

New Ewok Assault event is really fun!

Tier 1
https://youtu.be/C2LWoU89ELQ

Tier 2
https://youtu.be/SxUVBYM8YEA

Thoughts: Very fun! The Ewok Scouts are very low health but very high damage. I used Tarkin lead at first because that's what I use in Arena, but Vader lead is definitely the way to go for this event. I actually lost Tier 2 on my first attempt because I kept trying to single out the revived scouts, but you have to ignore them and take the hit while you focus down the Elder. AOE is king.

Blank!

New Ewok Assault event is really fun!

Tier 1
https://youtu.be/C2LWoU89ELQ

Tier 2
https://youtu.be/SxUVBYM8YEA

Thoughts: Very fun! The Ewok Scouts are very low health but very high damage. I used Tarkin lead at first because that's what I use in Arena, but Vader lead is definitely the way to go for this event. I actually lost Tier 2 on my first attempt because I kept trying to single out the revived scouts, but you have to ignore them and take the hit while you focus down the Elder. AOE is king.

Ability block/Stun is pretty important for this event. If you can CC the Elders, you can blow up/AoE the scouts and not worry about them. 4th round just kill both elders at the same time, 8th just kill the elder ASAP. You can use the defensive ability to manipulate turn order pretty well.

(EDIT) forgot to mention, but droids makes this pretty easy. HK47, 88, 86, RG, Vader. My vader is pretty undergeared and my 86 is the only one with any raid gear.

Iceman829

Here are our migrating players:

Me: 739-529-336, level 67
754-548-431, level 80
935-918-359, level 80
914-859-891, level 46
289-794-499. level 80

We're finishing up our raid tonight, so could you wait until tomorrow to add us please?

Thanks!

I sent everyone an ally request / guild invite. I was unable to invite you to the guild because it shows you as being in a guild and blocks out the invite button

They really messed up GW. I am 0 for 3 this week.

13559145_10153721294914135_7824701959483569647_o.jpg

13584836_10153721294839135_8109729372751381804_o.jpg

My best team at full health wouldn't be able to take down those 2 teams, let alone after a challenging level 6 and 11.

Stanng243

They really messed up GW. I am 0 for 3 this week.

My best team at full health wouldn't be able to take down those 2 teams, let alone after a challenging level 6 and 11.

I keep my best 3 teams for the last battle now. Put out my B team to hopefully take out a toon, then my C, and finally my A.

Iceman829

The next major update for Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes will unlock a new feature called Mods! Mods are a new progression system for Characters level 50 and above. Mods will allow you to enhance and customize your Characters’ stats in a way never before seen at the holotables!

What are Mods?
Mods are a new type of item that allow you to customize the stats of the character to which they are equipped. A character can equip up to 6 different Mods at once and each one will add stats to that character.

Mods come in 6 different shapes, and you can assign one of each shape to a given Character. Mods affect a Primary stat (for example, Health) and may also affect additional Secondary stats once the Mod is leveled up.

We'll be sharing more information about Mods and our next major update in the coming days. In addition to Mods, we'll be adding even more features, as well as fixing a large number of bugs.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...on/52452/new-major-update-preview-mods#latest

No longer will we be stuck at the Gear wall, but now the Mod wall as well

Iceman829

The latest game update:

General

Limited time Galactic Gear Pack – Need extra gear to get your remaining character ready for Raids? The Galactic Gear Pack is now in the Store! For a limited time you can get the gear you need, and have a chance to get exclusive Raid Gear. This pack is available for 660 Crystals and may be purchased up to 3 times a day. These packs will only be available until July 11th.

For the next 7 days you can now refresh the Shard Shop with CRYSTALS. During this time you can purchase exclusive Raid Gear in addition to General Grievous and random character shards. This Event ends on July 11th.

A new Booster Pack is available during each Grand Master Yoda event, the Jedi Order Bundle. This bundle is priced at $59.99 US dollars and includes:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) 4-Star
Jedi Knight Anakin 4-Star
25 Qui-Gon Jinn shards
25 Jedi Consular shards
25 Jedi Knight Guardian shards
30 3-Star Training Droids
1,000,000 Credits
40 Ability Material Mk I
20 Ability Material Mk II
10 Ability Material Mk III

3 new achievements have been added to the game (and will be retroactively awarded to those who already meet the requirements):
Guild Raider: Finish 5 Raids
Guild Earner: Earn 5000 total Guild Currency
Guild Contributor: Contribute 10000 Guild Bank Currency

Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles! UPDATE: this event will now run for 48 hours from the time the update went live

Bugs

The Grandmaster's Training event has been reset to its initial value of each 2nd Thursday in a given month. This change is to return the event to its initial values, following the cancellation of the Force Champions events.
Fixed a bug where Talia's Water of Life ability does not drain health from the caster when this ability is a mission-specific ability
Fixed a bug where Luminara's Master Healer's Blessing is not healing the user's squad when used as a mission-specific ability
Fixed a bug where General Grievous’ lightsaber slightly ignites the air after performing his special ability on specific backgrounds
Fixed a bug where units with active foresight buff can dodge all extra attacks from Chief Chirpa's Tribal Unity ability
Kamino Landing Platform ground texture has been udpated
Messaging on the "Defeat" screen has been updated to be less repetitive
Fix an issue with hero descriptions being cut off in the "Borrow a Hero" screen
Fixed an issue with the Sim Tickets number overlapping the energy icon
IG-88's "Rapid Fire" ability block now retains the Ability Block icon for 1 turn
Fixed an issue with the Merit Token quantity overlapping the Close button
Fixed an issue with the cost for changing the player name not fitting in the Confirm button
Fixed an issue with the Training Droids and Ability materials being displayed in a higher brightness state
Fixed an issue in several localizations where text was being overlapped by badging in the Store

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52122/game-update-7-6-2016#latest

Iceman829

Why were the force Champions events cancelled?

Official response:

Today the team made the decision to turn off the Force Champions: Kit Fisto event. After a number of meetings it was decided that the event was not well received by the community and it was not meeting the level of quality we wanted, so it’s going back to the drawing board.

Unofficially people rumored the event was not making money / getting players to spend crystals like the omega events that replaced it. Also, people online were very hostile about the rewards of the event. Kit Fisto event and people were getting 1-2 JC or JKG shards. Some people said the event was a decent source of money if you refreshed. I didn't see Kit Fitso shards worth it so I have no idea.

At the end of the day this is a game that revolves around getting players to log in and stay active as much as possible. The more you are on the more opportunity they can try to get you to buy things. The event was most likely a failure to generate users and $$$. There had to be some background data that made them remove it and switch in the omega events that weekend rather than just let the event run its course. Any quick turnaround like this is usually related to user feedback on the app rating / players not spending $$$.

Stanng243

Gearing up is such a pain at Level 9 and above. I need 30 more shock cuffs to get Rey to 9. The drop rate is so atrocious, I expect to hit this next year.

Sulik2

If I leave my guild can I keep my guild coins or do I need to spend them first? I desperately need a full guild that raids at level 6 more often, I need hundreds of these stupid mark 5 furnaces to keep progressing in this game.

Iceman829

If I leave my guild can I keep my guild coins or do I need to spend them first? I desperately need a full guild that raids at level 6 more often, I need hundreds of these stupid mark 5 furnaces to keep progressing in this game.

Yes your guild coins earned stay with you

Aselith

So I've got 3 level 70 Scoundrels, and a 61 and a 63. They still get eaten by the 2nd challenge.

Whatcha got? I have level 7* 77 Lando, 7* 76 Cad, 3* 70 Dengar, 3* 45 Greedo and 5* 62 Boba

ANd beat it fairly easily. Those two that are a bit higher are a big help though

Stanng243

Whatcha got? I have level 7* 77 Lando, 7* 76 Cad, 3* 70 Dengar, 3* 45 Greedo and 5* 62 Boba

ANd beat it fairly easily. Those two that are a bit higher are a big help though

Most of mine are low stars. Level 70 4* Chewbacca, 5* 70 Lando, 6* Cad 70, 4* Boba 66 and Dengar 3* 61.
Dengar and Boba don't have protection yet, that's hurting a lot.

Got a nice kick in the nuts for my first post patch GW

Screenshot_20160713-032849.png

Screenshot_20160713-032904.png

Always a welcome sight

Mods have (already) largely killed my interest in this game. For the moment I'm still logging in and doing stuff but they are way way way way broken right now.

On one end you have PvE stuff, which becomes silly. I survived for a truly stupid amount of time against the Rancor this morning.

On the other end is the PvP stuff (GW/Arena), and there are no winners there. At best you are equal with all the other people who spent a lot of credits to get a fully decked out party with mods around your level. At worst they have better mods and you get crushed. About the biggest benefit it can have to you super-short term if you pass a bunch of people in Arena who can't afford the mods yet. And conversely it will suck for you if you are the one who can't afford the mods.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I got excited for mods, and then I remembered that people with tons of crystals and money to burn are going to quickly fill up with MK5 mods in all slots and everyone else is either going to be stuck with mostly MK2 or MK3 mods for at least 2 more weeks...and then I saw just how broken they were.

The reason I thought they looked like a great idea was because they're a nice power boost that can be attained quickly (unlike most things in the game), they can help you over come a character's weakness instead of just being another linear progression path and they're something for people who maxed a character out to do on that character.

On top of that they seem to really just make every character much more durable which seems to make fights more interesting, the problem is GW will now take EVEN LONGER and be even harder and people without mods will get thrashed by people with mods. Not to mention mod farming is going to get expensive and it's going to take a while to get good mods for every character.

Mods are seriously too strong at the moment, my main team went from having as much hp without protection that they used to have with protection. Getting a full set of level 15 mk 2 mods on a character makes them feel like they've grown by 10 levels or some shit...

I feel like if EA was smart they would have gated the rank of mods, so that in 3 weeks we would finally have access to MK5 mods. But no that's not gonna make them money.

Moff

they should have just replaced gear with mods

feels like too much now and mods are much more fun than gear, gear is just a chore

Setzer

Got a nice kick in the nuts for my first post patch GW

Always a welcome sight

Had the exact same thing happen to me first night of the mod update. 11th node of GW I faced a team that had a Rey with 19k HP and 44k protection. Was able to one-shot my G10 Teebo with over 45k HP + Prot.

Mods are out of control and now I see they plan on making changes to them in a later update? But for right now they're changing the drop rate so they don't drop 100% of the time. Which means everyone who took advantage and modded before the update this morning have an advantage.

Iceman829

It's been fun guys, but I think I hit my breaking point. I dropped from the guild and deleted the app. I donated any gear I could for people with open donations and spent all the energy I had 1 last time. I left my Darth Vadar alone as my arena squad.

Best of luck to you guys and if anyone plays on xbox you can always look me up. Cya

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's been fun guys, but I think I hit my breaking point. I dropped from the guild and deleted the app. I donated any gear I could for people with open donations and spent all the energy I had 1 last time. I left my Darth Vadar alone as my arena squad.

Best of luck to you guys and if anyone plays on xbox you can always look me up. Cya

Peace out dude, it's been real! You were always a helpful guy to have around.

I think I am going to massively drop my play time to just daily activities and that's it. Probably won't even bother to complete a GW or all 3 of the arena dailies.

akileese

Peace out dude, it's been real! You were always a helpful guy to have around.

I think I am going to massively drop my play time to just daily activities and that's it. Probably won't even bother to complete a GW or all 3 of the arena dailies.

The micro grind is just becoming too much. I'm thinking of dropping it too. I'm not there yet but I find myself playing less and less every day.

Rokal

Can't believe their solution to the mod imbalance was just increasing the upgrade cost for people that haven't already done it. This game just gets worse and worse.

Toa TAK

Banned

Thanks for being a part of it with us, bro.

Stanng243

GW is insane now. The last node is kicking my butt. I don't have a single level 80 person, yet I'm fighting 5 with maxed out mods and high level gear. It took my 2nd and 3rd teams just to kill one person. And my credits are so low, I can't advance the mods or use the training droids I earned with challenges today

Rokal

I have stopped playing the game. You can remove me from the guild roster if you need space.

The game has simply gotten too grindy. I was already feeling the credit crunch, and the unpleasant pressure to finish GW every day to keep up with upgrade costs, before this most recent update added yet another layer of grinding to the game. Mods don't feel like the have given us anything new (more passive stats, woo), but that they are just another hurdle we need to grind past to get our characters to the competitive level they were before the patch.

I spent less on the game than others, but still feel embarrassed that I spend ~$30 on crystal subscriptions. What a waste.

Top Bottom