• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2: Get hype!!!

Ambient80

stranger-things-2.jpg

https://youtu.be/vgS2L7WPIO4
Comic-Con Trailer

https://youtu.be/R1ZXOOLMJ8s
Final Trailer

Almost time! Who’s binging with me tomorrow???

JaggedSac

We are having a Stranger Things themed Halloween party on Saturday. Should be good times. Going to watch the first episode with 15 or so people. Just recently re-watched some of the last season and damn it's a really good show.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I've been waiting so long for this to release. I'll most definitely be binging through it immediately.

Atrus

To binge or not to binge, that is the question.
Maybe I'll spread it out over 3 or 4 days.

Cant't wait to see some of the new cast.

jason10mm

I'm kinda surprised Netflix didn't roll this one out over a few weeks just to get some media buzz. I don't want to do an ep a week like GoT but it'd be nice if they did 2-3/week, maybe a series of 2 hour movies, just so they could see if they could get a show that caused a real watercooler discussion. Heck, most times I'm not even sure which ep I'm on for Netflix shows so it's real hard to have a discussion without risking spoilers.

01DragonFly

U.U I work nights all weekend so I will probably watch it Saturday(work alone that day) and if I cant finish the season will have to wait until my day off on monday night

Ultimadrago

Damn, it's released that soon? I wasn't keeping track. I'll watch it for sure. I didn't die over the first season, but I am looking forward to another alright. Count me in on the semi-binge (of having it done within a few days to a week).

I'm glad it's out in time for Halloween.

TitusTroy

earlier in the year I read an article stating that Netflix would be re-releasing Season 1 in HDR...anyone know when this might hit?...I thought they would have done it before Season 2 started up but it's still not available in HDR

Da-Kid

Umm.... HELL NO! You make this OT better than this, Stranger Things deserves that. Someone better redesign this OT before 12am PST!!!!

Joyful

thought it was coming out on halloween

im assuming the eps go up at midnight then if todays the 26th

luffxan

Ok I just watched the first season this week and I have to say how this show was marketed/recommended by people almost kept me from watching a fantastic series. I was strongly under the impression it was 100% focused on the group of kids and regardless of how good they are at acting/how well written their dialogue is I had no interest in that kind of show. It wound up being a well-balanced story that didn't over stay it's welcome. I loved season 1, I'm hella glad I have it a chance, and I can't wait for the second season in a couple hours

Ombra

Me and the fiancee are so binge watching this over the weekend.

she better not sneak and watch some without me.

C4Lukins

Super hyped. One hours and 40 minutes left.

I wish I could have shared that with all of you. Such a super moment with all this baggage screwing it up. But hey yeah, More Stranger Things.

I bought you a drink, and grabbed your ass to let you know I was not being taken advantage of.

Your unwanted ass cheek grab is just a thing. I bought you a drink, now your body is mine.

I work tomorrow so I'm hoping to at least be halfway by the time I go in and done on my day off on Saturday. I'm so excited for this!

Ambient80

Umm.... HELL NO! You make this OT better than this, Stranger Things deserves that. Someone better redesign this OT before 12am PST!!!!

Hah, I didn’t mean for it to be the OT necessarily, but I can if no one else wishes to do so! I’ll just have to edit it up a bit after work later. Make it all upside-down-ish. :)

dealer-

I've only just caught up with season one. I wouldn't want to binge a show this good in one day. Will probably watch one a night for a week.

dakun

(no spoilers just overall opinion)

I'm at episode 8 of 9 now.. the season is certainly VERY different from Season 1. In terms of scope, tone and pacing.

Although i love it so far i wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few people being disappointed. Sometimes the change in scope makes it seem like the show loses its focus, but it really is all in service of the main characters and plot.

I have to say one thing though. This season is NOTHING like it imagined it to be. They go places i would've never thought of.

urge26

(no spoilers just overall opinion)

I'm at episode 8 of 9 now.. the season is certainly VERY different from Season 1. In terms of scope, tone and pacing.

Although i love it so far i wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few people being disappointed. Sometimes the change in scope makes it seem like the show loses its focus, but it really is all in service of the main characters and plot.

I have to say one thing though. This season is NOTHING like it imagined it to be. They go places i would've never thought of.

No! You're supposed to say everyone is going to fall in love with season 2 :)

Psyched, girlfriend is going to be home early and we're going to get some adult beverages, take-out and binge (maybe sneak in some Mario).

dakun

No! You're supposed to say everyone is going to fall in love with season 2 :)

Psyched, girlfriend is going to be home early and we're going to get some adult beverages, take-out and binge (maybe sneak in some Mario).

don't understand me wrong. I loved the second season (I'm finished now) so i'm not disappointed at all.
I think if you don't go into the season expecting very specific things to happen (like i see on the ST Reddit page) you'll be fine.
One thing i can say for sure is that the second season does a WAY better job at developing every character in the story.

Top Bottom