• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Successful weight loss and maintenance stories?

SegaHeart

Banned
My weight loss story I weighed 235lbs, then lost 30lbs in 4 years fast but eating fast food I was not happy it was taking long, So I went to a Nutricienist but a 5 star Nutricienist with 20+ years of experience and thin I did not go to Nutricienist that are new or under 2 years I spent 90$ per monthly sessions she gave out a plan for me She I told her I Drink alot of Soda and eat mcdonalds chicken sandwich she said to drink less soda but don't eliminate soda because my brain is still enarmored with Soda same with chicken I ate grilled chicken instead and used this
7eMTpyQ.jpg

as a smoothie in the morning I takes time like few weeks to make me not be hungry but only the nutricientist knows how much eating this I stopped being hungry then I lost alot more I lost 73lbs more then weighed 132lbs in 1 year and a half with new changes since hitting 170lbs like eating this salad from walmart cobb turkey

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
My weight loss story I weighed 235lbs, then lost 30lbs in 4 years fast but eating fast food I was not happy it was taking long, So I went to a Nutricienist but a 5 star Nutricienist with 20+ years of experience and thin I did not go to Nutricienist that are new or under 2 years I spent 90$ per monthly sessions she gave out a plan for me She I told her I Drink alot of Soda and eat mcdonalds chicken sandwich she said to drink less soda but don't eliminate soda because my brain is still enarmored with Soda same with chicken I ate grilled chicken instead and used this
7eMTpyQ.jpg

as a smoothie in the morning I takes time like few weeks to make me not be hungry but only the nutricientist knows how much eating this I stopped being hungry then I lost alot more I lost 73lbs more then weighed 132lbs in 1 year and a half with new changes since hitting 170lbs like eating this salad from walmart cobb turkey
Raw Organic Fit includes the following ingredients 400mg of Svetol, which is the clinically studied amount; this naturally decaffeinated green coffee bean extract works as a fat burner by reducing glucose intestinal absorption and inhibiting the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase in the liver, which helps the body burn fat instead of sugar.
We included 300mg of RAW Organic Ashwagandha to help reduce cortisol levels and manage stress related carbohydrate cravings.
Raw Organic Fit provides 120mcg (100% Daily Value) of RAW Food-Created Chromium in Raw Organic Fit to support the action of insulin, a hormone critical to the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates including sugar.

Cinnamon helps with weight management by slowing the emptying of the stomach, which in turn, helps to reduce fluctuations in blood sugar after eating.

Read up about it and this is what they claim. I don't know if any of it is true, but that's pretty cool if you say it curbed your appetite

SegaHeart

Banned
Raw Organic Fit includes the following ingredients 400mg of Svetol, which is the clinically studied amount; this naturally decaffeinated green coffee bean extract works as a fat burner by reducing glucose intestinal absorption and inhibiting the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase in the liver, which helps the body burn fat instead of sugar.
We included 300mg of RAW Organic Ashwagandha to help reduce cortisol levels and manage stress related carbohydrate cravings.
Raw Organic Fit provides 120mcg (100% Daily Value) of RAW Food-Created Chromium in Raw Organic Fit to support the action of insulin, a hormone critical to the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates including sugar.

Cinnamon helps with weight management by slowing the emptying of the stomach, which in turn, helps to reduce fluctuations in blood sugar after eating.

Read up about it and this is what they claim. I don't know if any of it is true, but that's pretty cool if you say it curbed your appetite
Definitely and I have proof here though wont show my Face will show the 1 year and a half 191lbs weight loss to weighing 132lbs

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mnX1OGesel0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RVkwGMlEutU

Last edited:

SegaHeart

Banned
12Goblins 12Goblins I highly advise you to go to a well respected 5 star or 4 star and a half nutriencist because many people have different hunger for food I different kind I was mostly a soda and chicken sandwich eater like 5 or 6 chicken sandwiches from mcdonalds so a well respected nutriencist with background of helping others lose weight is the most reasonable option though that was 90$ per hour a month or 45$ for 30 minute per month with California high prices nutricientist give the right plan, This is all done withought exercise at the gym I lost weight without exercise She says it's all in the food though in your state your nutrientist will probably want you to exercise . I know my nutricienist wanted me to exercise alittle but I said I can't with very weak arms . Alot of Nutrienist have different plans just dont overpay 100$ per month I guess? Unless you live in California the most expensive state I'm sure the prices inflated since war and pandemic?

Last edited:

Brigandier

I was an out of shape depressed 106 kgs hot mess early in the year, Totally overweight and down in the dumps but I found the spark and the motivation to go back to Kickboxing training which I've done since late 2002.

I have had many surgeries on my bad groin and hips over the past 20 years so in total I've probably trained fully for 12 of them 20 years, I stopped October last year at 80kgs and I piled on the pounds like crazy, nearly 7 months later I had gained 26kgs in weight from way too much shit food, candy crisps/chips and too much soda and 0 exercise....

I'm back to a very good level of fitness and I'm down to 88kgs which I'm really happy with but admit I've still got work to do as the belly is still big and I would like to get to 75kg which is my overall current goal.

I am determined to hit my target for next summer or maybe a little later, Marathon not a sprint etc etc but within 12 months I want to be in the best shape I've been in since my early 20s.

I've cut soda out completely and drink lots of water, Much more fruit and veg, more white meat, trying to avoid sugar like cereals and candy and processed junk and eat sensible carbs before training and proteins after, once a week I eat whatever I want for main meal and snack out in the evening, Then back to sensible eatting following day.

The journey continues 😂

Edit - stress/depression related carbohydrate hunger is absolutely real... I've over the years put weight on due to these cravings. I live in the UK but I'm gonna check out that Raw organic fit!!!

Last edited:
I lost about 8 stone (112lbs for non UK people) very quickly over a few months due to a mix of heartbreak and depression lol
Got my physical health back, but I wouldn't do it that way if I had a choice! Kicked my ass
Must have restarted my metabolism as I now eat whatever and hover around 11stone (154lbs)

DavidGzz

Without lifting, there is zero success for me. I am hardwired to eat enough calories to keep me around 200 pounds. Lifting allows me to be at a healthy bodyfat percentage while remaining there. So I can fit in what I love to eat, daily. It has to be a lifestyle. Maintenance requires happiness.

Last edited:

Happosai

I lost about 8 stone (112lbs for non UK people) very quickly over a few months due to a mix of heartbreak and depression lol
Got my physical health back, but I wouldn't do it that way if I had a choice! Kicked my ass
Must have restarted my metabolism as I now eat whatever and hover around 11stone (154lbs)
I was always skinny until about 18-years of age. I hit rough depression in college which grew to manic depression when I was 25. That's why I was ballooned up at approximately 320 lbs (about 23 stone). I've already written a few posts back about my journey back to normal 147 lbs (about 10 stone) but likewise I ate extreme out of my depression years. When I moved abroad and got married , the depression left and the will to be healthy came back. Never going back to depression or eating beyond my routine diet I've had 5 + years now.

I have empathy with anyone struggling to lose weight who's heart broken, lonely or whichever.

I was always athletic and working out so it was never an issue, and then I hit my 30s.

The main thing that hurt me was my diet, I’d eat out a lot. As my career grew so did my timely demands. I also admittedly had long-term depression so eating luxurious foods helped me cope. I’d stay around 205-207 but before my normal was 190.

But none of this was a problem until I started having severe knee issues, when I hit 210-215.

The only diet that I like is stage 1 of the wahls protocol and that helped me shed and maintain weight easily. But man does it take a lot of cooking which is hard to keep up.

But I will say that me getting dual ruptured patella’s, and now reconstruction one knee at a time has not made me gain weight because my diet has been better and I lost a lot of weight after the surgeries.

I feel like doing wahls 1 is my happy place. I’m back at 190-195 and like that zone.

Last edited:
I lost about 80 pounds 9 years ago. 65 of that was within 6 months, and the last 15 was kind of a one off thing during an incredibly strenuous camp that I was medical counsel for; after I finished this camp, I actually would fall asleep whenever I would eat food for about 2 weeks.

I gained it back slowly between 2016 to now. I've been pretty steady at the current weight, but I'm much fitter than I used to be [currently not as I have just had a crazy ass bout with an illness and then surgery following the illness - I'm only now allowed to exercise again].

I can't say I ever ate the healthiest, but I would have a vegetable stir fry alternating with a shrimp stir fry each week, sometimes both in the same week, and then I would alternate healthy and unhealthy meals. I essentially stopped eating fried foods and breads during this time period. I would get about 2 15 minute walks in in the morning and afternoon, and then an hour long walk in the evenings most days out of the week. I would usually eat out once a week. I also would work in swimming and weight lifting 2-3 times per week. On weekends I would go hiking, and in the winter I would ski.

Sometime around 2016 I started to have an absolute aversion to my vegetable stir fry and my shrimp stir fry. I have gotten better about enjoying my vegetable stir fry, but the shrimp stir fry has been hard to surmount. At my workplace people just bring me food, and that's hard to avoid; I also get free lunch twice a week. I am somewhat selective about my lunch choices now.

Part of my troubles with food include:
Clif Bars: These are candy bars disguised as energy bars, because they are energy bars, but they taste like delicious. They're a wonderful replacement meal when you're doing a 10 mile hike, but they're dangerous to have around the house immediately after getting home from work, or immediately after dinner.
Trail Mix: I've never taken trail mix.. on the trail. I've had to just stop buying this, and I buy honey roasted cashews instead, which I do not snack on as hard.
Yerba Mate: I got into a bad habit of relying on these for caffeine. They have about 120 calories each, and are delicious. I went for a decade without any liquid calories outside of almond milk, and occasionally regular milk. I have remedied this by buying some incredible loose leaf chocolate mate and a portable tea strainer for work.

What I do right:
I am a very active person. Since late August I have been forced to not exercise, and I have really struggled with it. I can exercise now, but I am having to shift my routine to the morning because my nether region gets sore nightly because of fluid shifting lower due to my surgery. Part of being an active person is also what I do wrong; it drives my hunger and eating habits.

What I think hurts me:
My friend circle has largely dissipated into their own little nuclear families. I think I am prone to eating if I am not around friends enough. I know that sounds corny. My best friend might be moving back soon, but it's so expensive here that I'm not sure he'll be happy with what he can afford.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Prior to moving to Mexico in 2016, I suffered depression and ate my way up to 320 lbs. The first photo of my wife and I in Disneyland from 2017 sorta shows that. I was about 290 lbs then...
LZlc0IC.jpg

I ended up with a blood disorder similar to Lupus in 2017 and nearly died. The hemotologist suggested that my toxic diet played a part and I could never eat junk food agqin. Drink only water or one cup of coffee, all natural foods, only natural salts or sugars, nothing processed, no cooking oils, fast food, etc. From 2017 to 2019 I dropped down to 162 lbs. I've kept fit, so I'm at 148 right now. This is a lifetime diet and it worked.
YdnV0r2.jpg

Couldn't be prouder.
We walked the same paths sans the medical issues, with that said the mental issues..

Looking at your before picture i think i was around the same weight; 288lbs Google says.

Respect man. I don't say that lightly.

And keeping on it is the hardest part i feel so double respect.

You, man, you got some fire inside you and never ever let anyone let someone tell you otherwise

Give a PM if you don't like me quoting your pictures. I'll edit them out.

Last edited:

Happosai

Couldn't be prouder.
We walked the same paths sans the medical issues, with that said the mental issues..

Looking at your before picture i think i was around the same weight; 288lbs Google says.

Respect man. I don't say that lightly.

And keeping on it is the hardest part i feel so double respect.

You, man, you got some fire inside you and never ever let anyone let someone tell you otherwise

Give a PM if you don't like me quoting your pictures. I'll edit them out.
Thanks breh.

Quote away. The weight never came back. I'm stuck on a very strict diet for life due to some blood issues. If I regained anything, it'd risk me going back through hospitals again. The amount of energy I got back too is something else. So, physical activity is key to that health.

Top Bottom