• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE FINALS GAMEPLAY

Run-M-Run

Oh man, having this kind of gameplay in more serious a battlefield setting would've been awesome. I'll probably give this a go when it releases.

Luipadre

You can really see team behind this game basically made BF Bad Company 2 and BF3.

Also i have to say graphics look good but it looked so much better in gameplay trailers..

imo this game looks better with motion blur on. I know everyone hates it but it fits the style and game looks better to me

Luipadre

You can tell this has that DICE magic.

Hope we get an open beta/trial soon. Applied twice now and didn't get in... and I usually do. :lollipop_crying:

apply on steam. When the beta launches tomorrow you'll probably get selected. Thats how the new playtest beta feature works

Last edited:

rofif

Lol it is straight up evil seeing people just turn into COINS ON THE GROUND when they die. It's so dehumanizing in some strange way.
Cool destruction.
Crazy overdone fog.

Not interested since it's another game like all the other ones but at least it does some stuff.

winjer

The destruction seems cool. But asides from that, it didn't peak my interest.
The time to kill seems way too long. It seems so bullet spongy.

tmlDan

i played the alpha, its exactly like the video, not as good as it seems sadly.

I'll play the new beta round and see if its improved but its meh for now.

Destruction is great but the gameplay is pretty shallow from what I played previously. It will be interesting to see more impressions from the public and when it releases, if it has staying power.

MCplayer

imo this game looks better with motion blur on. I know everyone hates it but it fits the style and game looks better to me

motion blur always makes games look better, people tyyurn it off just to have better visibility but I actually have no problem with it lol

Ribi

The destruction seems cool. But asides from that, it didn't peak my interest.
The time to kill seems way too long. It seems so bullet spongy.
last beta there was 3 classes. Big boi was def a bullet sponge but the other 2 were normal kill times.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Finals is an exciting new upcoming first-person shooter game that just had a closed hands-on preview event. With completely destructible environments to unique movements and fast-paced matches, The Finals is a wild new FPS game that is highly flashy and fun to play. Here is an eight minute match of our team winning on the map Seoul and showcasing the different mechanics The Finals has to offer.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Man I really tried to play this game. problem is I am never good with keyboard and mouse. and the controller support is not right with this game. ( can't even find any settings on PC, I just plug my xbox controller because my ps5 controller doesn't work. ) and still its very wonky. sucks because I am bored from COD and I want to try this.

Gotta always have a thousand gadgets now. I'm old, I just can't with this crap anymore.

this game actually seems pretty tame so far (this can change of course)
every character seems to have only 2 guns to chose from and like 4 or 5 equipment items to chose from.

Last edited:

Phase

this game actually seems pretty tame so far (this can change of course)
every character seems to have only 2 guns to chose from and like 4 or 5 equipment items to chose from.
I've watched gameplay and you're right, but I really enjoy straight gunplay. One other thing I don't like is the different health pools. I get that it adds different encounters and another layer of strategy but I guess I just miss the simplicity and consistency of old fps multiplayer tbh.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
me and my friend discussed this game a while ago, it looks sick and we're hyped
the RTGI implementation especially is genius, and the fact that it's on steam too is a seller
but i'm not the type patient enough to get an invitation so i'll hop on when it finally comes out free to play.
one thing that would really give this game legs is if it had a map creator/ editor. having destruction physics this good but no map editor for people to truly create something wacky and innovative with them is a sin......

Last edited:

Luipadre

Why they dont send out more invites? I signed up months ago on steam yet nothing and someone got in immediately after signed up...

From what i saw the game looks great. Needs more polish and lots of balancing tho. Wonder how many game modes are gonna be at launch and when is this thing launching. Probably late summer?

Last edited:

Ribi

Why they dont send out more invites? I signed up months ago on steam yet nothing and someone got in immediately after signed up...

From what i saw the game looks great. Needs more polish and lots of balancing tho. Wonder how many game modes are gonna be at launch and when is this thing launching. Probably late summer?
should have just installed steelseries gg and signed up and boom ez code

PSYGN

Just from watching the previews... The rocket looks too strong and shotguns weak. You tend to catch on fire even though you don't appear to be close enough to. Flash bang range and effectiveness is too much. All the dust and particles seem to get in the way of seeing your opponents, but maybe you can turn them off. The graphics and destruction looks great. I'll have to try and see which of these feelings hold true aside from the last which is evident.

Last edited:
Top Bottom